Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 08:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Received An Email From MyEtherWallet  (Read 1212 times)
Basketball5

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:01:56 AM

You need to be careful for some mails you receive. Some of them are scam mails . Be very careful with phishing Links
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:10:06 AM

Be extra careful on your private keys there are people who are going to scam you. Might as well join bounties rather than airdrop to keep your wallet safe.
coolws

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:11:49 PM

Be careful. My friend has already met this Email before. MyEtherWallet has never required your keys for authentication. It must be hackers to steal your tokens. By the way, when you receive similar Email, be sure that the url should be prefix of https and check if anything wrong with the website.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ebenezer559

Activity: 401
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 04:20:34 PM

I received the email also.  I don't even registered myetherwallet with my email and I wonder how the message got to be true. When I told my friend about the email I got we all agreed is a scam
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:51:47 PM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Interestingly you don't create MEW wallets using email addresses.

Guys be careful and be vigilant.
It is always god to know this but what about those who don't know it, they will always be victims. I think it will be good to mark it as scam and as more people mark them as scam, it will be check and all related messages will always be marked as scam by email service providers. You were lucky to remember that we don't need emails to register mew account but a friend won't know
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:06:54 PM

It is better not to click on the links that come to your mail. Try to be careful, the mistake can be quite expensive. Now there are a lot of scammers.
Scammers abound precisely because people do not seem to be able to stop themselves from clicking links in their emails, if people just followed some easy rules about what to do when they receive an email, like no opening the emails that come from people they do not know, we will avoid a significant amount of cases where people lose their coins but the problem is that people think that is never going to happen to them until it does.
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:52:15 PM

I you see a link to MyEtherWallet or any other wallet than it's 99.9% SCAM. I got trapped once, and it was a good lesson for me. Thanks to my friend I managed to withdraw all my money to another wallet. But since then I don't trust any mails with suspicious links or wallet addresses.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:05:50 PM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Thanks for information dude...
Just ignore this shit, this is just a SCAM. they just trying to steal our assets. Myetherwallet will never offerred us to claim some tokens or airdrop for free...
janpec1000

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:18:22 PM

be aware it could be a fishing, I also have received such an email, Connectius?

cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:02:31 PM

This is a common scam in this type of career man. Common cautions to be safe? Do not leave your investments in any exchange. Secured your private keys with 2FAs and never ever send it to anyone or any exchange. That's why there's the word "PRIVATE".

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
snazir
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:04:45 PM

These Hurting the newbies making them believe the whole crypto ecosystem is useless. people get hurt , They move out of the market and become hesistant to come back. Emails and Private keys Shouldnt be Provided to any of these airdrops because surely they will try to steal your coins,best of luck to Avoide That,.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:51:45 PM

These Hurting the newbies making them believe the whole crypto ecosystem is useless. people get hurt , They move out of the market and become hesistant to come back. Emails and Private keys Shouldnt be Provided to any of these airdrops because surely they will try to steal your coins,best of luck to Avoide That,.

Maybe I am wrong, but crypto is the place for more or less smart people. And not naive.
If someone receives e-mails from myetherwallet(service which not takes your info like mail or something) and goes to the provided links Huh
Maybe it is better if such people leaves crypto and become hesistant to come back?

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
TheAlchemist

Activity: 265

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:57:34 PM

I also occasionally receive scam e-mails. I sometimes wonder at how resourceful the scammers are. Sometimes it looks rather believable. You should always be careful especially if it's about money.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:50:44 AM

Lol. what a poor effort to steal some other people's hard earned possessions. Fcking dumbass people like these really need to start seeing that people are not as stupid as what they were back then and that they need to do something better to be more productive than to just steal other people's possessions they should at least try imagining if what they are doing is done to them.

Anyways, good job on noticing that something that there was something PHISHY going on with that email. I hope everyone would really take the time to read and analyze before clicking any links. Or better yet, ignore all of them unless you are really waiting for an e-mail or if it is from someone you know.
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:03:42 AM

I also receive a lot of letters from MEW, but you understand that this is phishing. In fact, this is the whole industry that is unfolding today very much. I think that today you need to be very careful.
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:39:22 AM

I was trapped by such email when I only joined the crypto. I wasn't well informed about the scams so I just followed the link and unlocked my wallet. Fortunately I didn't have any money there. But now scammers find more and more skillful ways to cheat the users. So I use to skip all the mails with any links to wallets or wallet addresses.

BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:40:27 PM

Any emails asking you to update account using passwords to get into is a phishing attempt to hack your asked account in the email. If you do, goodbye to your MEW as you said you just received an email from MEW. Don't do it or you will be emptied with your fund.
drachman

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:42:03 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 01:54:33 AM by drachman

I also receive a lot of letters from MEW, but you understand that this is phishing. In fact, this is the whole industry that is unfolding today very much. I think that today you need to be very careful.
The thing I wonder is how do they can get our email after all when you create a wallet in my ether wallet you are not required to input an email so how do they know that you are holding some tokens, are they able to hack the websites of icos and then get their mailing lists? Because I find it very suspicious they able to get our emails at all, maybe it could be a good idea to have a throwaway email.
IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:06:48 PM

The thing I wonder is how do they can get our email after all when you create a wallet in my  ehter wallet you are not required to input an email so how do they know that you are holding some tokens, are they able to hack the websites of icos and then get their mailing lists? Because I find it very suspicious they able to get our emails at all, maybe it could be a good idea to have a throwaway email.

NO, this is called fishing. They have databases with emails to people who are involved in crypto and they send this email to thousands of people and hope for respond.

drachman

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:56:53 AM

The thing I wonder is how do they can get our email after all when you create a wallet in my  ehter wallet you are not required to input an email so how do they know that you are holding some tokens, are they able to hack the websites of icos and then get their mailing lists? Because I find it very suspicious they able to get our emails at all, maybe it could be a good idea to have a throwaway email.

NO, this is called fishing. They have databases with emails to people who are involved in crypto and they send this email to thousands of people and hope for respond.
Still this does not explain completely how do they get those emails, they need to get them from somewhere right? How do they do it? I suppose there should be some kind of black market for that kind of information, which means that you should probably use a different email for every ico in which you participate so you avoid that kind of attack.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: