Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have we seen the last of Bitcoin Cash?  (Read 194 times)
peter.from.penn (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:26:45 PM

There have been two major flippening attempts, where BCH supporters tried to overthrow BTC.  Both attempts have failed, but BCH gained a lot in terms of market cap.  During those events, when BTC transactions were ridiculously slow and expensive, I watched a lot of people on Twitter jump ship and join the BCH camp.  It makes me wonder if a future flippening is possible.

BCH has been quiet lately.  Do you think we've seen the last of it? Have the BCH supporters given up for good, or are they gearing up to attack again?
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:30:10 PM

There have been two major flippening attempts, where BCH supporters tried to overthrow BTC.  Both attempts have failed, but BCH gained a lot in terms of market cap.  During those events, when BTC transactions were ridiculously slow and expensive, I watched a lot of people on Twitter jump ship and join the BCH camp.  It makes me wonder if a future flippening is possible.

BCH has been quiet lately.  Do you think we've seen the last of it? Have the BCH supporters given up for good, or are they gearing up to attack again?
Those activities and presumptions do happen anytime not only between BTC and BCH but also into other altcoins in the market too.People do anytime jump in into other coin which they can see that other coin isnt profitable or do have problems. Jumping out is normal and we can obviously see those switching and as a trader we do know how to ride on the waves since making money out of this is really good.BCH is somehow on idle state and we wont know on what would be the next possible move.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:45:41 PM

No for sure, it needs to consolidate, it will rise in the long term if you have bcash I think you should hold it, I call it bcash  Smiley but it will rise because it is supported and loved by some people.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:01:46 PM

They stopped trying to overcome BTC and instead they focus on making BCH a good coin, instead of trying to compete they just focus on what in their hand and we gotta admit that BCH is not as bad as other coin it has a potential, all it needs is to have a support from a crowd to push back the non-supporters.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:07:51 PM

If Bitcoin faces difficulties again in terms of fees and transaction speed then BCH shills will come out again in full force. This scenario isn't all too likely. Mostly the mempool has decreased just because the overall number of transactions has decreased. If we see another big surge in transactions like December then we might see the ridiculously high fees again.

buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 05:19:07 PM

Think about it, the main thing BCH offered was low fees and bigger block sizes. Block sizes are irrelevant if you have Segwit added (which real Bitcoin does) and that in turn will lower fees to a manageable amount. They aren't completely knocked out yet, but they are on the ropes. Those ropes will fall when Lightning comes around and then I feel like BCash will cease to exist, at least in any competing capacity.

tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:27:51 PM

The majority of the hardcore Bcash supporters decided to go all-in with this altcoin, so, even if they know that Bcash has no chance for success, it's very unlikely that they'll switch sides in the future. But then you have the other "supporters", the newcomers/average joe who fell for the Bcash propaganda (low fees, true vision of Satoshi, etc etc), those are the ones that could probably give up on Bcash in the short term.

But I don't think Roger & Co. are preparing a new attack, by now, they should know that no matter how many times you attack bitcoin, their shitty altcoin will not become relevant. I believe they've given up on the "BCH is the true bitcoin" bullcrap statement they kept repeating over and over again, and right now, they are focused on what's important for them: consolidating Bcash in the altcoin market.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:22:00 PM

bitcoin cash had its relevance against bitcoin thanks to its low commissions. currently thanks to the fact that the price of btc has dropped and its demand has decreased, its commissions have also dropped while btc is being used as a means of payment, dismissing bcash. for the moment we must wait to test the segwit in times of high demand and what is the real competition against bcash
peter.from.penn (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:04:56 AM

They stopped trying to overcome BTC and instead they focus on making BCH a good coin, instead of trying to compete they just focus on what in their hand and we gotta admit that BCH is not as bad as other coin it has a potential, all it needs is to have a support from a crowd to push back the non-supporters.

BCH has the potential to be a solid coin.  There was a lot of hate for it in August, when it was trading at a low in the two hundred range.  But it has gained solid support since then.  It might be a good idea to have some to balance out the portfolio.
peter.from.penn (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:08:43 AM

Those activities and presumptions do happen anytime not only between BTC and BCH but also into other altcoins in the market too.People do anytime jump in into other coin which they can see that other coin isnt profitable or do have problems. Jumping out is normal and we can obviously see those switching and as a trader we do know how to ride on the waves since making money out of this is really good.BCH is somehow on idle state and we wont know on what would be the next possible move.

That's a good point.  After all, many people thought that Ethereum would eventually overtake Bitcoin.  That's why it might be a good idea to hold some BTC, BCH, and ETH to have a balanced portfolio. 
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:35:56 AM

well , since it's been accepted in many exchanges and good wallets i don't think we do!
But it would lose the top then in coinmarketcap i suppose coz it really didn't have something extraordinary!

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:31:31 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 01:46:41 PM by VitKoyn

There have been two major flippening attempts, where BCH supporters tried to overthrow BTC.  Both attempts have failed, but BCH gained a lot in terms of market cap.  During those events, when BTC transactions were ridiculously slow and expensive, I watched a lot of people on Twitter jump ship and join the BCH camp.  It makes me wonder if a future flippening is possible.

BCH has been quiet lately.  Do you think we've seen the last of it? Have the BCH supporters given up for good, or are they gearing up to attack again?
There are lots of flippening attempts that happened and not only Bitcoin Cash did it, and even if Bitcoin Cash supporters attempts to do it again (spam Bitcoin network with transaction with lowest fees and pump their useless altcoin) they will just end up unsuccessful because people will always choose Bitcoin as the main cryptocurrency. We can't deny that flippening was possible when Bitcoin had a problem with transaction fees being to expensive and being unusable as a payment but at the current status of Bitcoin it is impossible to happen right now.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:38:57 AM

When I read such topics that defends bitcoin I see these words in general " people always bla bla" or "because bitcoin king" .
LAdies and gentlement , bitcoin is the first one but not the last one and without poor options it will die soon or late.
IT will happen with attempts or with natural selection.
You can see such kind of attempts not from BCH but from ETH or NEO side also
grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:45:24 PM

When I read such topics that defends bitcoin I see these words in general " people always bla bla" or "because bitcoin king" .
LAdies and gentlement , bitcoin is the first one but not the last one and without poor options it will die soon or late.
IT will happen with attempts or with natural selection.
You can see such kind of attempts not from BCH but from ETH or NEO side also

Except this is a thread about bitcoin cash and questioning if it will attempt to attack bitcoin again in the future. That has nothing to do with bitcoin being the first option. Most replies in fact highlight that and get at the important thing which is that if bitcoin cash offers nothing surplus to bitcoin then there would be no reason to switch over.

ETH and NEO are different to bitcoin and don't really compete in the same way, they may one day overtake it in market cap but their functions are very different.

justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:38:21 PM

Bitcoin cash can crash even if bitcoin will not crash again, I think as a lot of good news about bitcoin come, bcash is going to crash more. It is bad as it is seen as bitcoin competitor.

SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:39:49 PM

You have given a nice break down of why bitcoin cash had its glory days but with BTC now having very reasonable fees and transactions are much faster I honestly dont see any use of bitcoin cash, if anything this crypto is delaying BTC(s) growth as first time buyers tend to be confused with which bitcoin is authentic and go for the cheaper bitcoin which might not be what they wanted.
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:45:30 AM

Correct, as far I can remember, the first attempt was during its fork around November. It did put some fear amongst bitcoin investors. And I wouldn't be surprised if most of them jump ship that time causing the price of bitcoin to go down. Fortunately, bitcoin cash didn't get enough traction to really push bitcoin out of the number 1 spot.

Isn't it worth mentioning that the spam attack lately has stop and bitcoin cash is quiet? What a coincidence. They will never stop, if they see a perfect opportunity to attack again and try to create FUD to bring down bitcoin price they will do it without blinking an eye, specially in the name of Greed and Money.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
pvni33280

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:22:56 AM

BCH has modified the difficulty adjustment mechanism, and now there will be no computational attacks.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:43:44 AM

People will always try to find another alternative, it's good to recovery asset and activity we have. You can choose any strategy you like depend your analyze and for this moment I agree with you. BCH look's more powerful than BTC and maybe will be more people use BCH to make profit than BTC. At this month I already half from my money to trade/ invest with BCH and I hope will success. BCH supporter will never give up and maybe at March they will attack again.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:48:22 AM

It's easy to manipulate the market cap of a coin that has all of the missing coins that bitcoin doest hen throw in the fact that lots of people haven't even moved their BCH at this point, it's just so easy. It's fairly easy for people to manipulate bitcoin prices still and bitcoin cash has so many less coins actually being spent and sent.

It was an attempt. It didn't exactly fail but it's not doing better than Bitcoin obviously, so it didn't win. Now would be a good time for them to change the total supply or something else major and just change the name already. Poor newbies are so confused.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: