Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:15:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why the hell people invest in coins with a huge supply.  (Read 436 times)
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:33:49 AM

I too have always been interested in this question. And they all the time ask - when XRP will cost $ 100  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:43:15 AM

Coin supplies differ due to the potential use cases of the coin, for me, the supply is not big problem, I usually look at the marketcap, coins distribution, and potential use cases, like in Ripple, a big part is still in devs' hands, and in Tron, mainnet has not launched yet, so there is no use cases for now, it is just a speculative Ether based token.
JaRViZZ

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:01:23 AM

So here I am looking at Coin Market Cap and the supply of coins. I'm just curious why the hell people invest in coins with a huge supply. Coins like Ripple, Tron, Cardano, Stellar Lumens, IOTA, and Tether, just to name a few. All of which have a supply into the BILLIONS. Thoughts?

*I've bought Tron and have gotten rekt since but am still learning.
Everyone wants to see in his wallet is not a single coin and at least a small slide of each of the portfolio. Plus the potential of the coin in growth, but the most important is the capitalization of the coin, it influences both the price and the quantity.

sunX3

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 07:02:57 AM

People are easily influenced by greed, hype, FOMO, so on, you name it.

Also some people think that just because it's the top 5 coin, they can't go wrong with investing there.
pat231

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:04:51 AM

Because people believe in miracle and they don't want to play a calculative game in crypto market. Without understanding to invest in crypto market is a big risk.

[ CENTRA ] Creating a World Connected to Cryptocurrency
▚▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▞
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:51:27 AM

I think it depends on the idea. Also, the supply may be large, so it's meant for the long term.It's just a trick because of the way how the market cap is calculated. There isn't really that much money getting pumped into a coin as the market cap shows.

Yes we can say that if it's for long term holding then there's nothing to be bothered. People buy some coins that have a huge supply because the price is much more cheaper and they'll just hold it for long term, then sooner they'll be sitting on their profit. However, you should also check the project of the coins that you'll hold because not all coins that have a huge supply is promising.
jundel

Activity: 314

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:56:04 AM

More supply is a sign of more people invest and holding the coin more people may buy and hold until price goes up. Than the coin with lesser supply that may have been held mostly and waiting for it to dump.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MAINCOIN MONEY DIGITAL COIN NEW GENERATIONWHITEPAPER[ANN][ICO]MAINCOINTELEGRAMDIGITAL COIN
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:10:09 AM

Because people believe in miracle and they don't want to play a calculative game in crypto market. Without understanding to invest in crypto market is a big risk.
There is a fact that many investors are involved in this market but they have no knowledge of the cryptocurrency market but only invest because of seeing profits from it. That led to a large amount of money being poured into this market but it caused the market to fluctuate because investors do not have a clear orientation on this market. I think it is advisable to focus on knowledge before you want to succeed in this financial market.

tedes

Activity: 160

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:15:01 AM

I think maybe because all we have to know is the Marketcap talc of the coin. If coins are in large supply, the price per coin is low, and investors only care how much money they invest and if prices grow, they will benefit
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:36:35 AM

So here I am looking at Coin Market Cap and the supply of coins. I'm just curious why the hell people invest in coins with a huge supply. Coins like Ripple, Tron, Cardano, Stellar Lumens, IOTA, and Tether, just to name a few. All of which have a supply into the BILLIONS. Thoughts?

*I've bought Tron and have gotten rekt since but am still learning.

Supply doesn't really matter if there are uses for it. For example, if Bitcoin had billions of tokens it wouldn't be as costly as it is today. There are drawbacks to it but in the long run you can get as much profit. Bitcoin jumps from $10k to $100k is same as billion tokens coin jump from $0.10 to $1. Both are possible and I would say second is more likely than the first one. Risky but reward is there for those who invest.

Sadly, all crypto still has no visible or palpable use today. All is pure speculative demand. I haven't heard any use case in practice. Some startup tried money remittance but the markets are volatile.

I think gambling with coins is still the number one use and illegal drugs.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:39:18 AM

Even I invested in cardano and tron . But after investing only I checked supply it’s huge . I was wondering Ada and trx under top 15 coin even value not increasing finally found both supply huge billions . Both having great platform and team but huge supply I learned a big lesson from this.
ColdZerk

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:44:25 AM

One of the main reason is that people used to buy all the best. And here, in cryptomarket, they are trying to do the same thing - to buy coins from TOP 10 of coinmarketcap list (NEO,Cardano,Stellar,EOS) despite the fact that they are rather overbought.
redyaprimasmara

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 09:42:57 AM

i think many people invest in that coins because of price.
huge supply with cheap price. so you can get much coins.
and this coin have chance to going up faster because the lower price when released.
that what i think man Wink

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▌ A Decentralized Gateway to The World's Digital Ecosystem  ▌
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:58:55 PM

People don't look at the number of coins. They study the project, look at the growth chart and make a decision. Some coins have burning coins event. For example ripple. The commission for each transaction for XRP is burnt. This constantly reduces the number of coins and raises the price.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:13:30 PM

Well from your list only three coins deserve attention Cardano, Stellar Lumens, IOTA. Tron is generally in my opinion a useless investment. You know, people invest their money in various projects, because they believe that they will rise in the top 20 and their investments will make a lot of profit.
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:24:20 PM

If you're not into large supplies, look into IoT Chain (ITC). IOTA's rival with low supply and even better tech. this one's underrated for sure. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iot-chain/
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: