Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 04:45:58 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as national currency?  (Read 983 times)
rockstarr

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:13:23 PM

A global currency that's accepted and used by anyone who wants to, or for trading purposes as someone else mentioned--I could see that. I don't see a country adopting it though, at least not completely. Also, just thinking of the potential learning curve effects and pace of change involved with all citizens makes my head hurt!!  x0

I don't think  so if it will accepted as national currency because we had already a current currencies used. Even the other countries has there own currency, then how to implement as national currency?, I think it is impossible.
Rayakitty

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:40:35 PM

Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??

that is almost impossible. I think Nations would rather create their own crypto currency than use bitcoin for their national currency. Bitcoin is decentralized that traded without legal financial supervisor as a condition becoming a national currency.
Yes, I also do not believe Bitcoin will be the national currency in a country. Because bitcoin status does not yet have clarity, the creators of Bitcoin themselves still use a pseudonym, it is not known exactly who created it, and how it came from. In addition, no one wants to adopt bitcoin. Bitcoin is created only as a tangible digital currency that can only be used to transact online, not for transactions in everyday life.
cunese

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:46:46 PM

BTC is very risky at present, and many investors are starting to lose money, so I don't think the country will accept BTC as the payment method in the short term.

judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:53:58 PM

Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??

I don't know if that's possible, the government wants to control and issue their own currency, how can they tax their people and all their transactions if they use Bitcoin that they cannot control so it's not possible at all. But I liked to see one country doing this.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Kurtyp1010

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:40:26 AM

For now, I dont think that bitcoin will be national currency but it has a chance because of investors. People think that virtual currency like bitcoin is risky but sometimes only.not always. Investing on bitcoin is a great choice because it's value is increasing.
angrygroceries

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:17:31 AM

This is money that has ALREADY been spent. If the someone wants to stop it, they can...and may.

Even if bitcoin replaces USD, government still has to be funded and government needs to spend to keep working.

Sure it needs to be funded, but it will not be. Government will stop, or downsize considerably. They over overstepped, now its time to face the music...if not this time, then next. Its almost over, there are no more cookies in the cookie jar for these fat bureaucratic criminals to steal from. Sure they can print more, and that plays right into the hands of deflationary currencies like BTC and LTC. You see, the more officials spend, the more the "peoples" worth devalues. What would you rather HODL for long-term at these insane decisions? Not USD by a long shot. They have done it tothemselves and we have to thank them for the amazing rise of decentralized, immutable (very important), fixed supply, currencies.

Song the hymn of bitcoin all you want. I do too. But don't tie government spending with success of it.

I encourage more of this reckless, indiscriminate spending with no accountability from Governments, all it does is compounds the success of BTC. They have done it to themselves....sorry, this horse has already left the gates, now I suggest you position yourself for an amazing few years of many black swan events.

▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲ TRAXIA ║ A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE ▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲
══════Winner of SLUSH SHANGHAI 2017 EDITION  Technology by CARDANO  Invested by EMURGO══════
▲▼▶▼WEBSITEWHITEPAPERANN THREAD TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER TOKENSALE▲▼▶▼
johnson4218

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:20:42 AM

I think bitcoin can not become the common currency of nations. However, some good coin will be issued and become the common currency of the nations.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 02:21:11 AM

That'll be possible to imagine if and only if bitcoin's major disadvantages are addressed for good. How can the poor, the beggars, and the elderly be favored with the use of digital currency? And most of all, how can we buy food or water to satisfy our hunger and thirst if we can't access bitcoin when we are offline?

kirti rana

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:06:54 AM

No, i  think so that bitcoin will become as national currency. Because its value fluctuates, Therefore, it can not be accepted as the currency of the country.
Thankyou.
firec8

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:23:09 AM

In fact, I think Bitcoin is not suitable as a national currency. The national currency is a medium that regulates the national economy. Bitcoin is decentralized, uncontrolled, and is not suitable for national currency.
EdfuJihad

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:37:18 AM

My opinion is "no" my reason is that "fiat money" is the financial statement of a country.
it's like a wallet of individual person. Bitcoin is a currency known in most of countries. Some
countries even ban cryptocurrency in their country. My point is they can correlate and
exist together but one overpowering another is a threat in the other side.
paras20

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:47:38 AM

Soon I think it going to become a national currency because many people and countries are already using things
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:56:53 AM

Soon I think it going to become a national currency because many people and countries are already using things

bitcoin can become a national currency but not an international currency due to the fact that some country are still banning it. however bitcoin cant still totally replace the use of local currency or fiats because majority of people will  still be using it as a default currency because it is easy and safe when compared to bitcoin or any other crypto currency. only techy and knowledgeable person can possibly use bitcoin because they understand it more.
HSRP

Activity: 392

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:01:01 AM

Bitcoin can not be considered a national currency, as it has not been widely accepted and some countries still do not have sufficient databases and machines to provide Bitcoin and trade in goods and services. living. Bitcoin is only suitable for some intellectuals. So Bitcoin is not the national currency.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
ghost07

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:03:46 AM

it is possible and it is already exist but not in all country only country that bitcoin is already legalized. but in the future bitcoin will be our currency all over the world we need to wait that time.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:16:21 AM

I think bitcoin can not become the common currency of nations. However, some good coin will be issued and become the common currency of the nations.

That is not true i don't agree on what you are telling that some good coin can become a common currency nationwide. I tell you eversince there is no country world wide have change there national currency for the porpuse of new coin in cryptocurrency. Its a long debate will being forms between the government and a congress.
shagor106

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:33:45 AM

Bitcoin is national currency, no i don't agree with it. But I can say  Bitcoin is a global currency. We know bitcoin illgegal most of the country in the world. Bitcoin is cryptocurrency coin and nobody cannot control this coin so its impossible to national currency.
shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:35:29 AM

In my understanding there is no possibility bitcoin will be adopted as national currency,because it a form of decentralization that nobody can hold with it and its a appropriate to say bitcoin has a possibility to be international currency because of its valuable thing that could be likely as gold and some people says it is a digital gold in our era today. as we knows every countries made their own currency they don't want to copy because of their pride so there is no possibility bitcoin as national currency.

danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:36:17 AM

I don't know if that's possible, the government wants to control and issue their own currency, how can they tax their people and all their transactions if they use Bitcoin that they cannot control so it's not possible at all. But I liked to see one country doing this.
True, the government can not control bitcoin. Chances are that bitcoin becomes an alternative payment other than the national currency in a country. So that financial sovereignty will remain awake while following the development of technology.

desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:42:29 AM

no. Bitcoin is decentralized, and the government will avoid anything without a full control. It is too risky for a country if the national currency is something decentralized like Bitcoin without full control over the governments. Even though there is a good side, I believe there will be a lot more of bad side.

Japan is already doing this Smiley.  Zimbabwe is another country that could do this and so is Ireland. As of now it's really difficult for any major country to come out and make it, reason is most of the country's are keen on banning it. So there's little change to see this happen anytime soon, few years down the line I feel yes.
I don't think the government fully accept Bitcoin as a payment system for their country. It just the government is in favor of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin now is legalized in some country where bitcoin is fully accepted as currency or investment program.
So bitcoin might be standing beside of their fiat money but not replace fiat because goverment protect their paper money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: