Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as national currency?  (Read 964 times)
Minnasan (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:06:19 PM

Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_strele

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 07:07:59 PM

Maybe not Bitcoin!

But I totally could imagine some countries creating their own blockchain and therefore issuing their own cryptocurrencie!
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:09:39 PM

Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??

In my opinion ,countries will likely create their own alternatives crypto and they might even legalize bitcoin but won't made it their national currency. Bitcoin will be like an internet money like it is today and accepted where every other crypto is accepted.
Mevz

Merit: 106

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:19:41 PM

In my opinion ,countries will likely create their own alternatives crypto and they might even legalize bitcoin but won't made it their national currency. Bitcoin will be like an internet money like it is today and accepted where every other crypto is accepted.

Yeah when the time comes when all over the world using cryptocurrency too many alts will appear. Each any alts has their own names that represents their country and bitcoin will be use as an international currency. Its still early for that dreams the journey of bitcoin was just started and I think it can do more better.
Minnasan (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:27:18 PM

Yeah when the time comes when all over the world using cryptocurrency too many alts will appear. Each any alts has their own names that represents their country and bitcoin will be use as an international currency. Its still early for that dreams the journey of bitcoin was just started and I think it can do more better.

yeah i think so, that if any country would use crypto as their national currecy, should use one of many alts for international currency too

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
Axecelzon081218

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:32:58 PM

Of course bitcoin is a possible natonal currency because he is in demand in this word.
geula4x

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:36:39 PM

I think maybe in the distant future.
In my humble opinion, most countries will be too afraid to apply it as a national currency because of security concerns.
MakLampir

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:37:36 PM

I'm not sure if the digital currency can be made as the national currency later.
because I think the digital currency is very inefficient if the use as a method of payment ..
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:41:37 PM

I don't see Bitcoin becoming a national currency. Because Why be a National currency when you can be used globally? For me, If Bitcoin gets upgraded sometime in the future that improves the scalability, transaction throughput and tx costs, It would become a global currency with worldwide transaction  coverage.

kakrotssj1

Activity: 32
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:43:13 PM
Merited by hassan.shakeel.rajpoot (1)

Not so sure that any country would use bitcoin as their national currency, but we can think or consider that bitcoin can be used as a center of all other currencies of other nations like it is used now in trading. Sure it can be the most used currency but not the national currency. After all you don’t possess bitcoin physically. People would prefer something they can touch or possess as their national currency.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:44:07 PM
Merited by hassan.shakeel.rajpoot (1)

bitcoin will not be a national currency.bcz govt are opposition of bitcoin but bitcoin is future.

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:52:26 PM

Bitcoin as national currency, no way! Bitcoin as global currency, who knows!
   Bitcoin can be accepted in some countries, like it is now, but to take main and
only role in one country economy is almost impossible in my thinking.
   I agree with people that say that there are more chances for some country to
create their own alt-coin. One big country can not allow to depend from someone
else, they need to have their own currency and that currency to be connected with
outside world.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cryptorampage

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:57:07 PM

If you’re a fan of cryptocurrency and your country has banned crypto, you should move to Liberland, the land that recently adapted crypto as their official national currency. The Land was founded on April 13, 2015, by a Croatian economist and entrepreneur Vid Jedlicka, It lays on a 7 square kilometers radius and it borders between Serbia and Croatia.

Liberland is right now accepting applications for citizenship and those wishing to end up as citizens have to stand by the rules and directions. Half a million individuals from over the world, including more than 20,000 American citizens and around 7,000 from the United Kingdom have as of now applied for citizenship for this Eastern European nation.
josegr4ham

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:59:21 PM

Bitcoin has the right potential to become the national currency. I think it is heading to that direction
hassan.shakeel.rajpoot

Activity: 32
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:00:10 PM
Merited by kakrotssj1 (1)

Not so sure that any country would use bitcoin as their national currency, but we can think or consider that bitcoin can be used as a center of all other currencies of other nations like it is used now in trading. Sure it can be the most used currency but not the national currency. After all you don’t possess bitcoin physically. People would prefer something they can touch or possess as their national currency.
it's not about possession. people are still accepting bitcoin as their major way of transactions and payments. I'm pretty sure people will love bitcoin as their national currency but because of the governments and policies, it looks impossible.
Tubagus86

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:58:15 PM

Bitcoin used as a national currency can happen if a country gives a clear legality to the use of bitcoin in the country. But for now, only a part of the country is behaving that way. One day I'm sure all countries will recognize about bitcoin because the state gets the profit from tax every bitcoin transaction.
KingKrypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:03:23 PM

I would actually think of Bitcoin as a Global currency for the entire planet, not National. I think Bitcoin can & has big chances to actually be that global currency we all need.
sonali2015

Activity: 101
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:08:26 PM

Do u know bitcoin illgegal most of the country in the world?Bitcoin is cryptocurrency coin and nobody cannot control this coin so its impossible to national currency.Already some of local complain and money launderingcase for use bitcoin because bitcoin increase tax evasion.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:09:27 PM

in 2008 satoshi nakamoto created the bitcoin and the blockchain technology , which allowed us for the first time in our history to send money world wide without the need for a bank or financial institution , this technology is revolutionary and even though its not intuitive it is obviously changing the financial landscape so yes we might see this situation in the very near future as even the people who are against the bitcoins are interested in blockchain.

MintDice

Merit: 46

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:20:23 PM

A global currency that's accepted and used by anyone who wants to, or for trading purposes as someone else mentioned--I could see that. I don't see a country adopting it though, at least not completely. Also, just thinking of the potential learning curve effects and pace of change involved with all citizens makes my head hurt!!  x0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: