Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 03:28:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain BitCoin to someone who is not tech-savvy?  (Read 316 times)
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:58:21 AM

If you're asking this question last year then it might be hard to explain, but nowadays even news and government started talking bitcoin everyday and anybody whoi is not tech-savy would know what is bitcoin and its only up to them, if they really want to know more and learn about bitcoin then they will find a way for it. There are explanation about it everywhere even in newspaper now and you don't even need to open your computer or website to learn about what and how bitcoin work  Grin
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:58:40 AM

The first in terms of providing an understanding of bitcoin to people who have not fully understood the technology is to provide a core understanding of the benefits so that they will learn about bitcoin. Let's say that with bitcoin activity we will definitely get great benefits. because I think giving someone an understanding of bitcoin will be very difficult if the person has absolutely no desire to learn it.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:00:40 AM

I think it is difficult, if he does not understand the technology, should we have to explain the technology first before explaining bitcoin.

in theory, maybe he will easily catch the theory about bitcoin, but he will be difficult to practice.

micheal wang

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:01:31 AM

The point of a tech-savvy who really does not understand the tech world, like someone who lives in the forest? Or is someone who lives in the city but does not understand technology, but they who know tv, have mobile phones or other technological tools. For the type of person who lives in the city but does not understand the technology is very easy to explain. For example we analogy about bitcoins like pulses, not physically visible but valuable. Because the function bitcoin is not much different like the pulse. But if someone who does not know the outside world, they just live in the forest I'm sure it's very unlikely to understand what bitcoin is.
micleeiu398

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:35:51 PM

The first in terms of providing an understanding of bitcoin to people who have not fully understood the technology is to provide a core understanding of the benefits so that they will learn about bitcoin. Let's say that with bitcoin activity we will definitely get great benefits. because I think giving someone an understanding of bitcoin will be very difficult if the person has absolutely no desire to learn it.
I think there are better ways to handle the situation than this, the one which is my favourite and I have done it on many people is what I am going to share here with you all, you can copy it for your own good if you like it. What I do is that firstly I tell them how fiat currency came into existence and how people were resistant towards fiat currency when it was slowly and gradually taking over from the gold and barter system. When they show their interest at that point I tell them about the recent shifting from fiat currency to crypto currency and that is when they start asking questions themselves which shows their level of interest, hence they end up learning about the crypto by their own questions.
JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:45:54 PM

How would you explain what BitCoin is to someone that is not tech-savvy?
Please share your ideas here.
To be honest, I'm not good at explaining something. Instead I explain it in simple words, I rather explain it in complex. That just the way I was. I would prefer to check youtube to watch videos about crypto currency and this forum, the read threads about bitcoin and any cryptocurrency. That way, it can be simple. But if they want any idea, I'm open to that. I can give them what they want but they need to understand what am I saying.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

Dluretic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:53:03 PM

I would lend them my books on blockchain and cryptocurrency markets, and when they read these books.
So they would know how bitcoin works and how it works.

josegr4ham

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:55:12 PM

The easiest way to explain is to tell him your bitcoin experience. Maybe that person will understand what bitcoin does
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:57:43 PM

This question has been answered many times already in this forum. I believe on the saying that, "If there's a wheel, there's a way". If the person is really interested to know Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, he will exert effort to study and learn it. No need for you to teach him the whole thing. He should invest time and effort on something he really wants to know. If we want to help them, let's just teach them the basics and the rest is up to them!
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:58:22 PM

I will not explain it to them and let youtube do its work. But, if necessary, I will only explain to them that bitcoin is a new form of money that is not the same as fiat and is much more easier to transfer. I will not go deeper into the blockchain because they will not be interested and I will just tell them that bitcoin is used as a substitute exchange in businesses because it is more secured and more accessible.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:59:16 PM

I think it is difficult, if he does not understand the technology, should we have to explain the technology first before explaining bitcoin.

in theory, maybe he will easily catch the theory about bitcoin, but he will be difficult to practice.
It will definitely difficult to explain this type of subject when it comes to those who are never been exposed or been hands on even in a simple gadget. Yes, people who have never been exposed to gadgets are still exists especially our old ones that lived in the rural areas. So yes by theory if you explain it briefly and in a simple discussion they will probably understand it, bit in handling it I guess they will find it difficult too.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Davidbee

Activity: 98
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:01:13 PM

I think it's very hard for you to explain bitcoin to someone who doesn't understand bitcoin technology, you can find a video for him to understand and then explain it to him, which is a lot better.
Alexandr210774

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:02:35 PM

It's very simple, bitcoin is like a regular currency, just decentralized. That is, no one can track it and it does not belong to any bank. How blockchain works, you can watch the video on the same youtube.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:02:53 PM

Even the person is not really a tech-savvy type but he/she is willing to learn then it will be easy, as we do have a lots of venue to use in order to give them a glimpse of information, first try to use your own way, if how you approach and adopt bitcoin , giving them such idea will lead them to gather interest with this industry, then use google or youtube to begin enhancing their knowledge after they already gain interest with your guidance, then bring them here inside the forum to read more, what is important is the interest that you will see  because it will lead  them to be more eager to understand bitcoin.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:06:09 PM

I consider myself not a tech-savvy as well. But you know, you can just explain the basic things about bitcoin to them, well at least enough explanation until they can get a grip about bitcoin.
If they're interested to know even further, then ask them to browse this bitcointalk forum, since i learn everything from here. Reading the posts and such, and from knowing nothing, i can now understand and explain bitcoin to others.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:12:38 PM

People relate more with money. Introducing bitcoin as digital currency rather than cryptocurrency would help. So, it will be easier to assimilate bitcoin as a digital currency rather than the name bitcoin first. After the assimilation, we can then tell the person that bitcoin is a name of one of the internet or digital  currencies and that we have many others.

We can also support the teaching program with videos and tutorial materials from internet.
Alfarizi

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:19:31 PM

to explain about bitcoin to people who do not understand or do not understand technology for me a very difficult job and to explain often with how to show it real how how it works, its regulation and its performances so that he can see and understand about bitcoin, that's the way often I use to explain bitcoin to friends or people who do not understand the technology
deepcoreotc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:22:20 PM

There are a sh*t ton of videos on YouTube regarding how Bitcoin works but I prefer just to show my friends how it works via screen sharing or something like that.
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:27:48 PM

Best idea would be to find a good basic explanation on youtube and send them the link.

I'm sure there should be a few good non-technical videos on Youtube
Yeah, I think there might be a lot of such non-technical explanation videos about bitcoins on youtube. You should try those out. Even if the person doesn't have much knowledge about technology but, still know some important things about finance, economy, market,  he/she would be able to understand what bitcoin basically is. So you can explain it in 'non-technical' terms. It is simply an investment method which is pretty effective if you want to increase your money. But as some other profitable investments, even this has a little risk as the market can crash.
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:28:51 PM

You don't really have to make them understood what BTCis unless they invest. If they do invest thru you then I guess you somehow have the responsibility to make them understand what even blockchain is and the exchanges they can use to trade to be safer. Other than that they can read and learn them all  in the forum.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: