Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:38:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit Requirement for Member Proposal  (Read 705 times)
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:41:26 PM

The whole merit system is not actually a solution for spammers, alright i don't deny it is a good step from the moderators to clean up the forum but it is still unfair. A lot of people with Sr.member and under ranks are posting high qualified posts and they don't get merits just because people here don't have the time to read everything or to pay attention to every good post and give merits, so that's why it is unfair. Actually the campaigns managers are the ones to count on to clean up this forum, since they are responsible for hiring, their job is to check posts of everyone applying for a campaign and to pick the high qualified people only.

Ranking up your account isn't a right, its a privilege. Requiring people to post actual constructive and useful posts should be expected, not just encouraged. If only 10% of someone's posts are good posts, they might not be noticed. If nearly 100% of a person's posts are useful, they will be noticed, and they deserve the merits they earn.

In addition, the merit system is still relatively new. A member a year from now that is having an issue may do a search, find a post that helps them, and merits that post. You just shouldn't expect each and every good post you make to earn you merit immediately. Just increase the amount of quality posts you make to increase your odds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:46:05 AM

In addition, the sMerits for this month are probably over so here comes a new month and all the sources will be/are refilled with fresh sMerit to give. It is a cycle process but we just made our first turn.

fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:34:58 AM

I see many Jr. Members easily rank up to Member because the required Merits is only 10. And I can see many merit farming (an example:
 see here). We are aware that this is done by some/many bounty hunters out there. This is an obvious abuse and would like to propose some minor changes in the required merit requirement for Members.

Instead of 10 Merits for Members, why don't we increase it to 25 Merits? This way, Jr. Members will have to strive harder in order to rank up to Member. Merit farming will be difficult because their sMerits will diminish fast.

Insights are welcome.

Some post I have seen earning Merit from highly respected members is just one liner, its given merit just because he likes it or he like the person or just returning favors of merit he received earlier on, given that such cases exist and because there is finite amount of sMerit available I think lower limit is much better. Please remember that sMerit is specifically for high quality post only not for exchanging favor. once its abused that way, merit will concentrate between few people only.

If you check the stats that is what happening now, the highest number of merit were exchanging between this few people only, therefore targeting bounty hunters merit farming by setting higher limit will not change anything.

speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:12:22 PM

Bro you don't feel our pain!!! how hard is to get even 1merit look at mine, and your saying increase it to 15 more  Angry
Have you ever wondered why it is hard for you to get just even 1 merit? Look at the way you are posting bro and you'll see my point.

I think 10 Merit is a difficult for newbie and Jr. Member because they are new to crypto. So, they don't have enough knowledge and experience to generate a quality post to be given merits by another people.
In my opinion, 10 merits is enough to become Member. If you increase it to 25 Merits, you would change the requirement for all ranks and I think I will never ranked up to Full Members Smiley)))
Remember that merit system is used to respect. However, high requirement will stimulate buy/sell merit and I think theymos don't like this
The point here is, it is really hard to get merit unless you put effort and thought in your posts that is why even if you are a newbie or a jr. member and don't have enough knowledge about crypto, the merit system will obliged you more to do some research first and learn the know-hows of cryptocurrencies rather than spamming useless thread and posts throughout the forum.
temarazin

Activity: 224
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:29:13 PM

Merit system started only one month ago. All Members and higher ranks got free merit, so it seems like too easy to get 10 merits. Because a big number of merits was free. I think we have to wait some time yet and only then decide about merit requirements for ranks.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

I see many Jr. Members easily rank up to Member because the required Merits is only 10.

Easy ?? im personally to earn single merit its not an easy . its need more effort . Time and Posting something usefull and constructive post to get CHANCE for single merit.
if you worried about them trying abuse bounty campaign . better suggest to remove Member to join any bounty campaign .
and im already see for some bounty manager already do that .
hopes it will implement so you need 80 merit away to participate . and i can learn from you " how to earn 10 Merit Easily "
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:22:02 PM

It doesn't have sense at all. We know that there's multiple person struggling in the present merit system then you will add a new one? Maybe we consider the feelings of other not ourself only. I like your point but as new and striving to learn it is hard.

Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:33:30 PM

Just increase the amount of quality posts you make to increase your odds.
Precisely! Most members here don't realize that because when they try to make a really good post and put a lot of effort in it, they expect their post to get merited in no time, not thinking that there are a lot of factors why his/her post would not get any. There is a big possibility that their post got flooded by new replies and people that might find it helpful and merit worthy missed it. So, for better chances of posts getting merited, increase the amount of that kind.
Karavadinos

Activity: 74
Merit: 5

IOS - The secure, scalable blockchain

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:27:26 PM

I see many Jr. Members easily rank up to Member because the required Merits is only 10. And I can see many merit farming (an example:
 see here). We are aware that this is done by some/many bounty hunters out there. This is an obvious abuse and would like to propose some minor changes in the required merit requirement for Members.

Instead of 10 Merits for Members, why don't we increase it to 25 Merits? This way, Jr. Members will have to strive harder in order to rank up to Member. Merit farming will be difficult because their sMerits will diminish fast.

Insights are welcome.
I think 10 merits for a beginner to rank up is very suitable, Jr members are willing to learn and they are trying to work hard and increase their posts qualities to rank up, a lot of low rank users here are capable to write competent posts and yet they don't get attention, it could be because of their weak and small rank or maybe this forum is unfair and you need to be famous to get merits.

IOST >_INTERNET OF SERVICE TOKEN
SECURE & SCALABLE INFRASTRUCTURE | FOR INTELLIGENT SERVICES_<
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:44:04 PM

I see many Jr. Members easily rank up to Member because the required Merits is only 10.

So did you think that getting 10 merit points is easy? People spend hours and hours to read carefully and build their knowledge related to the field of cryptocurrencies to be able to get some merit points when they post anything. That's right, that 10 points is too low compared to 150 for Full member or 250 for Sr member to rank up, but to get these points you should improve too much the quality posts including the ideas.
Mind Control (OP)

Merit: 41

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:41:00 AM

Easy ?? im personally to earn single merit its not an easy . its need more effort . Time and Posting something usefull and constructive post to get CHANCE for single merit.
if you worried about them trying abuse bounty campaign . better suggest to remove Member to join any bounty campaign .
hopes it will implement so you need 80 merit away to participate . and i can learn from you " how to earn 10 Merit Easily "

So did you think that getting 10 merit points is easy? People spend hours and hours to read carefully and build their knowledge related to the field of cryptocurrencies to be able to get some merit points when they post anything. That's right, that 10 points is too low compared to 150 for Full member or 250 for Sr member to rank up, but to get these points you should improve too much the quality posts including the ideas.

Did both of you read the OP? Or did you comprehend the point of the OP? I guess not.

Earning Merit is easy to those Newbie/Jr. Member who is/are alt/s of someone who has accounts with high ranks. I did not generalized that earning Merit is easy. I am quite aware many are struggling but that's their fault in the first place. I hope you know what's their fault.

150 for Full member

It's only 100. Adding 50 more, ey? lol.
Hillthy

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:20:28 AM

Merit system started only one month ago. All Members and higher ranks got free merit, so it seems like too easy to get 10 merits. Because a big number of merits was free. I think we have to wait some time yet and only then decide about merit requirements for ranks.
Yes, not sure that 10 merits are easy by a large number of members from the community. How many high ranking members are interested in donating merits? It is clear that this can increase inflation from the consequences that the effects of merits cause over time.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:46:47 AM

For low member, IMO 10 merit should enough to test out someone compatibility because it's difficult to earn merit except you're great poster like Danny H

Let say if member need 100 or 1000 merit, are you capable to earn it in short time ?

Smiley
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1219

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 10:04:50 AM

Merit system started only one month ago. All Members and higher ranks got free merit, so it seems like too easy to get 10 merits. Because a big number of merits was free.

All members who have previous ranks and are not merit sources got a pre-determined number of Merits and sMerits. Of which the Merit amount was given on the basis of the rank they already had. Please read the topics more carefully before commenting on such - theymos clearly mentioned how much each rank got when the merits system started.

I think we have to wait some time yet and only then decide about merit requirements for ranks.
*facepalm*

This has also been declared by theymos. Do something for yourself - stop shitposting and expecting to get merit for now.

It doesn't have sense at all. We know that there's multiple person struggling in the present merit system then you will add a new one? Maybe we consider the feelings of other not ourself only. I like your point but as new and striving to learn it is hard.

What does not make sense? Care to explain your concern and not be so vague. The system is working fine if you ask me. Pajeets everywhere are crying aloud for merits and it really makes me feel satisfied that the account farming rings have been put at at sort of restriction ..as of now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
temarazin

Merit: 186

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:53:27 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 02:08:10 PM by temarazin

All members who have previous ranks and are not merit sources got a pre-determined number of Merits and sMerits. Of which the Merit amount was given on the basis of the rank they already had. Please read the topics more carefully before commenting on such - theymos clearly mentioned how much each rank got when the merits system started.

Hmm, I was wrong. I mean sMerits was given free. So it needs time, because:
In total 85524 sMerits have been sent.
This number is much larger than 11975 sMerits, which are currently created by 57 merit sources per month.
The sMerits created by 57 merit sources are not sufficient and most of used sMerits were initially assigned ones.

Topic starter asked why so easy to get enough merits for Member, I answered. What the problem?

ps English isn't my native language. And I just want to improve it. That's why I post in English threads. I'm not interested in merits here :/
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 02:31:51 PM

ps English isn't my native language. And I just want to improve it. That's why I post in English threads. I'm not interested in merits here :/

Well that raises an interesrting possibility. How about an english training board? If membersare going to use the general boards to improve their english, then it would be better to have a special interest board where english speaking members could help them.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 03:56:17 PM

I saw them (only allow Sr and above to join).
Then after restrict Member rank to join campaigns, what is next step after 3 or 6 months later?
Restrict Full Member to join, then over time (one year or more), only Hero can join and at the end only Ledgendary can join campaigns.

Ridiculous ideas!

Merit system has changed the forum, and will continue to show its magic impacts on users (especially spammers, part of them).

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██