Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:23:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex - Account locked for 2 months with open ticket  (Read 185 times)
ldra02 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:51:13 AM

So I have been a Poloniex member for several years now, trading lightly, never withdrawing much, but then one day I log in to see that my verification level has dropped to "Legacy" with a $2000 a day withdrawal limit. This would be fine and dandy, if I could actually navigate away from the main page and get into my account after I log in, but I can't. I tried re-verifying 3 times, with no luck and no response or acknowledgement that I had actually verified.

I put in a ticket when this happened and currently that ticket is sitting unanswered at 56 days, 20 hours. Not even touched. I have some bitcoin in there that I can't get to, not a lot, but enough to get me very upset about this issue.

I would hesitate to trust Poloniex in the future if I were you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crypto-bit

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:00:28 AM

We are the same situation.You need to verify your account first.My account was on legacy but my limit is zero so i need to verify.I already uploaded some of my documents to them and still i dont receive any update if my account is verified.I think if you read there announcement.all account must verified in qtr of 2018.Lucky for me I dont have bitcoin there.I just withdraw them all before i got the notice.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:01:09 AM

So I have been a Poloniex member for several years now, trading lightly, never withdrawing much, but then one day I log in to see that my verification level has dropped to "Legacy" with a $2000 a day withdrawal limit. This would be fine and dandy, if I could actually navigate away from the main page and get into my account after I log in, but I can't. I tried re-verifying 3 times, with no luck and no response or acknowledgement that I had actually verified.

I put in a ticket when this happened and currently that ticket is sitting unanswered at 56 days, 20 hours. Not even touched. I have some bitcoin in there that I can't get to, not a lot, but enough to get me very upset about this issue.

I would hesitate to trust Poloniex in the future if I were you.

So your problem is that even though you do have the withdrawal limits, but you can't actually navigate to withdraw these funds, right? Or is it actually forcing you to verify your account before you can use it.

If its the former then probably try switching browsers, clearing cookies, etc. because as far as i know even if your account is locked, you should be able to navigate around the site without any restrictions. But if it's just forcing you to verify, why is it saying that you have a legacy account?

AFAIK, legacy accounts, even though they are set to expire, is still working at this moment. You should still be able to use it for the $2k daily withdrawals.

Polo support is almost as bad as yobit at the moment, btw.

Smiley
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:08:50 PM

poloniex currently has some constraints, not just you, even I have a delayed withdrawal of up to 3 days and a slow response to one of the reasons why we are a bit annoyed with poloniex ,, without reducing respect. I still reward poloniex .. because from there I can win the profits from trading
ldra02 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:06:18 AM

So your problem is that even though you do have the withdrawal limits, but you can't actually navigate to withdraw these funds, right? Or is it actually forcing you to verify your account before you can use it.

If its the former then probably try switching browsers, clearing cookies, etc. because as far as i know even if your account is locked, you should be able to navigate around the site without any restrictions. But if it's just forcing you to verify, why is it saying that you have a legacy account?

AFAIK, legacy accounts, even though they are set to expire, is still working at this moment. You should still be able to use it for the $2k daily withdrawals.

It's a problem with navigation. I had tried other browsers, clearing the cache, etc with no success. Funny though, a few hours after posting this they responded to my ticket and fixed my account.

EDIT : I think it was an issue where I needed to be verified? The verification came through at the same time. Even though they're saying that Legacy verification is fine for now, it seems it may not be?
timerland

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:10:41 AM

It's a problem with navigation. I had tried other browsers, clearing the cache, etc with no success. Funny though, a few hours after posting this they responded to my ticket and fixed my account.

EDIT : I think it was an issue where I needed to be verified? The verification came through at the same time. Even though they're saying that Legacy verification is fine for now, it seems it may not be?

AFAIK, legacy verification is fine for now.

We have recently completed a major upgrade to our customer identification and verification systems. As a result, we will soon require legacy accounts to become verified through the latest version of our verification portal. The exact date for this deadline will be announced in Q1 2018.

And they are yet to do anything to announce the exact dates for the deadline for the termination of legacy accounts. If you are using legacy accounts still before their deadline which is nonexistent right now, you should be fine.

They most likely just coincidentally solved the two problems at once... I don't know what exactly is causing it though, but glad that they came through for you.

Smiley
Macmacmac

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:55:51 AM

My legacy account has been locked on Poloniex.
Two weeks ago I sent them my ID and a recent photo with date as they dictate.
They do nothing.
They keep asking to send them my details. So I send them every time I log in...
One week ago I opened a ticket asking them what I do wrong.
They do not respond so far.
I think they are not straight with us...
It's time to change exchange I think.
timerland

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:32:15 PM

My legacy account has been locked on Poloniex.
Two weeks ago I sent them my ID and a recent photo with date as they dictate.
They do nothing.
They keep asking to send them my details. So I send them every time I log in...
One week ago I opened a ticket asking them what I do wrong.
They do not respond so far.
I think they are not straight with us...
It's time to change exchange I think.

I believe that poloniex has recently started to esssentially eradicate all legacy accounts from trading on their platform, which means that basically you need to be fully verified or otherwise you are not able to use their exchange. That's why they are demanding you to provide identification.

There has been some complaints of poloniex being unresponsive and taking a long time to respond to verification requests, so rest assured, you're not alone.

You've just got to continue to try and communicate with them via support, and otherwise, you just need to be patient with them because the amount of verifications they have to go through due to them eradicating the legacy accounts have been on a steep increase as you know. But yes, i do agree that without a legacy account or an anonymous account, there would be no point in using poloniex.

Smiley
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 01:48:29 AM

I've just about run out of patience with Poloniex. I have funds stuck there for many weeks now due to their wallet being "temporarily disabled".

Support don't explain why, just scripted responses, then they closed the ticket without notice.

I re-opened it & complained, now they don't even answer at all.

They were never good, but since Circle/Goldman Sachs took it over they've turned pure scam. Seriously considering reporting them to SEC, etc - it won't be the first time the SEC have investigated them.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:53:13 PM

Did they even provide you with a reason as to why you are even forced to complete their verification process all over again, when you presumably already have done this in the past? It seems very weird that they would demote you to legacy status all of a sudden.

Their support is definitely unresponsive. One of the worst supports out there for sure. I've stopped trusting them personally a long time ago.

I've just about run out of patience with Poloniex. I have funds stuck there for many weeks now due to their wallet being "temporarily disabled".

Support don't explain why, just scripted responses, then they closed the ticket without notice.

I re-opened it & complained, now they don't even answer at all.

They were never good, but since Circle/Goldman Sachs took it over they've turned pure scam. Seriously considering reporting them to SEC, etc - it won't be the first time the SEC have investigated them.

I think a lot of people expected their customer service to get better as Circle bought them. However, after Circle bought them we're just seeing complaints with delays with verification, and support doesn't seem to be getting much better either.
freemanjackal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:20:56 PM

they really have one of the worst support out there, i have the locked account from a month ago with an open ticket and no answer so far. I had my account verified and I didnt received any notification, so i dont know why my account was locked. definitely there should be better options out there, right now i wouldnt recommend poloniex to anyone, i guess not even my enemies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: