Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shit and Scamcoins of the Day  (Read 173 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:35:48 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 02:47:37 AM by tk808

Welcome to the Rebirth of Shit and Scam coins of the day: Edition #3

1) Titanium blockchain
- Funded over $60 Million during their ICO, they were set to do "great things" with their cloud-based services on ERC-20 Contracts. Flash-forward not even 2 months later, the developers got "Hacked." Now, they claim they got hacked around 16 Million coins, amounting to roughly 10-15million USD at that time, but have no significant proof or evidence in regards to it. They are now claiming that they are "auditing" their accounts and etc etc, but can't reveal any details. They are in the process of "forking" or creating a brand new ERC-20 Token, which isn't going to do much to revive this dead coin. Clearly these cunts had no intention on ever creating their platform, and performed an exit scam on the markets, by creating massive uncertainty and cashing out quickly. How does one who generates millions in USD unable to protect themselves from malicious acts? I have no clue, either complete morons or the ultimate cons.

2) OTHO
- Claiming to have an astonishing 4-year long airdrop distribution for their coins, they've successfully ceased all operations and dumped their coins on Forkdelta. They had some minor potential, with filtering accounts that didn't follow their rules, to a semi-impressive community behind it. Instead, the devs got greedy and cashed out an estimated 5k USD, and another 10k roughly prior to their "grand" exit.

3) Manta
- a Dag clone, that sought donations for the development of their blockchain. Be very wary of these copy and paste projects, it's currently unknown how much was stolen via donations. There's a very similar act occurring with STONE crypto, but that donation has raised over 500k, and still remains somewhat active, but with absolutely no evidence.

Previous Editions: (Note: there was a different mentality back then for all coins)
Edition #1 (2014)
Edition #2 (2014)

That concludes this segment of Shit and Scam coins of the day. Feel free to DM me on twitter (or on BTT) for more tips regarding scams you see on these forums. Follow me on Twitter for more scams and insight in what's actually occurring with Crypto's on a daily basis, i've had enough with all this corruption and greed.

RonaldDuncan

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:37:35 AM

Welcome to the Rebirth of Shit and Scam coins of the day

1) Titanium blockchain
- Funded over $60 Million during their ICO, they were set to do "great things" with their cloud-based services on ERC-20 Contracts. Flash-forward not even 2 months later, the developers got "Hacked." Now, they claim they got hacked around 16 Million coins, amounting to roughly 10-15million USD at that time, but have no significant proof or evidence in regards to it. They are now claiming that they are "auditing" their accounts and etc etc, but can't reveal any details. Clearly these cunts had no intention on ever creating their platform, and performed an exit scam on the markets, by creating massive uncertainty and cashing out quickly. How does one who generates millions in USD unable to protect themselves from malicious acts? I have no clue, either complete morons or the ultimate cons.

2) OTHO
- Claiming to have an astonishing 4-year long airdrop distribution for their coins, they've successfully ceased all operations and dumped their coins on Forkdelta. They had some minor potential, with filtering accounts that didn't follow their rules, to a semi-impressive community behind it. Instead, the devs got greedy and cashed out an estimated 5k USD, and another 10k roughly prior to their grand exit.

3) Manta
- a Dag clone, that sought donations for the development of their blockchain. Be very wary of these copy and paste projects, it's currently unknown how much was stolen via donations. There's a very similar act occuring with STONE crypto, but that donation has raised over 500k, and still remains somewhat active, but with absoltely no evidence.

That concludes this segment of Shit and Scam coins of the day. Feel free to DM me on twitter (or on BTT) for more tips regarding scams you see on these forums. Follow me on Twitter for more scams and insight in what's actually occurring with Crypto's on a daily basis, i've had enough with all this corruption and greed.

great EFFORT this should be updated weekly so that people know about the scams!!!
zeabat1234

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 02:39:50 AM

yep, be careful with many projects ico out there!
AdamPA1006

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:09:58 AM

What a rebirth! Thanks!
GlennEfrain

Activity: 120

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:31:11 AM

Welcome to the Rebirth of Shit and Scam coins of the day: Edition #3

1) Titanium blockchain
- Funded over $60 Million during their ICO, they were set to do "great things" with their cloud-based services on ERC-20 Contracts. Flash-forward not even 2 months later, the developers got "Hacked." Now, they claim they got hacked around 16 Million coins, amounting to roughly 10-15million USD at that time, but have no significant proof or evidence in regards to it. They are now claiming that they are "auditing" their accounts and etc etc, but can't reveal any details. They are in the process of "forking" or creating a brand new ERC-20 Token, which isn't going to do much to revive this dead coin. Clearly these cunts had no intention on ever creating their platform, and performed an exit scam on the markets, by creating massive uncertainty and cashing out quickly. How does one who generates millions in USD unable to protect themselves from malicious acts? I have no clue, either complete morons or the ultimate cons.

2) OTHO
- Claiming to have an astonishing 4-year long airdrop distribution for their coins, they've successfully ceased all operations and dumped their coins on Forkdelta. They had some minor potential, with filtering accounts that didn't follow their rules, to a semi-impressive community behind it. Instead, the devs got greedy and cashed out an estimated 5k USD, and another 10k roughly prior to their "grand" exit.

3) Manta
- a Dag clone, that sought donations for the development of their blockchain. Be very wary of these copy and paste projects, it's currently unknown how much was stolen via donations. There's a very similar act occurring with STONE crypto, but that donation has raised over 500k, and still remains somewhat active, but with absolutely no evidence.

Previous Editions: (Note: there was a different mentality back then for all coins)
Edition #1 (2014)
Edition #2 (2014)

good job educating people
SoulEaterRR

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:33:56 AM

You found only three, I can also share a couple of such projects. And in general it is necessary to create a list of unscrupulous projects and people and to impose sanctions on them.
chitocrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 07:35:44 AM

Bad luck for Titanium investors. Was going to buy but I was very late on the token sale.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
chitocrypto

Activity: 154

For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 07:43:15 AM

You promoted Ethereum on vol 2, tell me how rich are you now? =)) I laughed a little when I saw Marinecoin also posted on one of the replies on vol 2.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
residivis

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:43:59 AM

I think this is common from the past,
and myself to find a very good project to do both from investments and other things I usually read the website and whitepaper first if the policy provided by the project I am able and good to do then that's when I immediately joined on the project.
both in ico and in bounty campaign.
wildhorse001

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:07:24 AM

yep, be careful with many projects ico
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:16:22 AM

You're doing gods' work.

FreeHamster

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:41:08 AM

Tread very carefully with icos.

Yeah there are definitely a lot now scams out there, keep posting them up!

EGEM an exciting community driven project based on Ethereum network. Find out more at discord.egem.io or egem.io
basileus_byz

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:18:29 AM

Well, you seem to have forgotten DarkNano(XDK) which looks like the triquel of the Stone & Manta scamshitcoins
swajos

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:20:40 AM

Please keep updating this list  Wink We need to know!
ayesha201009

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:25:22 AM

How people show they don't know how an ERC-20 token work, or they are really involved in a scam:

Unofficially few of our community members have listed Otho_Network  (OTH) on EtherDelta. You can trade if you want but please keep in mind this is still unofficial.

By the way choose to shut up all web sites behind a token is just a sign of a big scam!
saliga75423

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:46:58 PM

There are too many ico spoofing projects. I'm a little hard to identify. I think I should see a similar post to learn.
TomiJerry

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:13:42 PM

Very useful topic. I hope you continue to publish information about scams. It is good knowledge for people who just start with crypto. There are only 3 projects, but in fact there are many more. Thank you

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: