Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:06:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 2/3 of my initial investment  (Read 482 times)
Nefarious

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:06:27 AM

You mentioned you haven't bought BTC, ETH or LTC as you don't see them providing sufficient returns, but if you'd invested your original money of $3000 4 months ago in one of them & just done nothing but hold your coins you'd now have the following returns:

BTC: $5,482
ETH: $9,045
LTC: $12,155

Here's some basic tips I have for you:

1. Don't trade emotionally - Any trade you make should be well thought out & based on strong conviction & fundamentals. Freaking out & selling coins because the price has dipped or FOMOing in and buying coins just because they are pumping will always end in heartbreak.

2. Buy low, sell high - Sounds simple right? But from the information you've provided us you've basically been doing the exact opposite. Invest in coins that you believe have a strong team & a positive future, but buy them when the price has dipped. Avoid buying a coin during or after a massive pump & just learn to be patient & wait for the price to retrace.

3. Don't base your investment decision purely on coin price - A lot of inexperienced investors think something like ripple will given them a massive return on investment over something like Bitcoin purely because XRP is currently less tha $1 while BTC is over $10,700. They have this misconception that it would be a lot easier for XRP to go up $1 than it would for BTC to go over $20k & give them the same return. It just doesn't work like that. You MUST consider the overall supply of a coin before trying to decide if it is over or under valued.

4. Don't invest in shitcoins - Stick to those in the top 20 market cap, or those coins that have good team & project behind them.

5. Don't over trade - As my example above showed, if you'd have just bought & held rather than traded then you'd be looking a big profits now rather than big losses. Unless you are a skilled & experienced trader then I'd avoid trading entirely. Just buy coins you believe in long term, put them on a hardware wallet & leave them there Wink

AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:07:42 AM

It will be a good lesson for you, of course it is sad to lose such money, but now you will be more vigilant and buy coins only during the correction, and also carefully choose coins for investment, we are all wrong, so do not worry
Javanewstar

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:10:09 AM

You will pay the tuition fee when the cryptocurrency market, because of encryption in the money market is merciless, you only buy tokens at the right time, then there may be a good income, if you are in the wrong time to buy, then you will lose money.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 09:15:10 AM

If you still have to tokens then you didn't lose something for its only a matter of time til you get the profit you have been after but if you have tried dumping your tokens just to get into a pumped coin that also dropped after you got in then I guess you lose the chance. The next time you wait til the dip of the token before getting into it.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:16:18 AM

Weekday trader. Unfortunately, trading is not an easy way to make money as it seems to many beginners. I hope your experience will be useful and will save someone from unnecessary loss of money
CONTRACT

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:16:26 AM

Unfortunately I am in a situation similar to you with the only difference that I keep the strongly cheapened altcoyins and wait for the recovery of the market. We learn from our mistakes, and now I understand that the best solution would be to invest all money in bitcoin.

╞═◇═╡...CROWD MACHINE Powering the Next Generation of Blockchain App Builders...╞═◇═╡
WhitepaperLinkedinTwitterMediumTelegramYoutubeFacebookANN ThreadReddit
←←←←←←←←←←...WHITELIST Registration is OPEN...→→→→→→→→→→
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:21:06 AM

Hey,

Long story short, I started with $3000 almost 4 months ago and now I'm down to $960.

I lost $200-$300 while learning, the rest was from cryptocurrencies crashing, and of course my mistakes.

Two days ago I wanted to ride the Nano train and bought in with all of my $1400 literally at its peak, followed by a colossal drop.

Then, I went all in on Vechain because of the upcoming rebranding, plus I originally purchased it when it was sub $3, but never kept it. Needless to say, it went down by 12%.

So currently I have $960 and I am feeling down that I am losing this battle and won't be able to stay a part of the history we are making.

I haven't bought into ETH, LTC, BTC because with my $1000 I would be getting nothing in return, even if they grew crazy. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Im sorry for your loss,the first thing you need to know is how the market works so you can easily adjust when the market is crashing,there are too much manipulations today that i why almost all everyday we have pumps and dumps in the market,learn some basic technical analysis so could easily know when is the perfect time to get in and out in every trades,though your losses is recoverable you need to be sure that you wont repeat the same mistake.

Crypto della Mirandola

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:23:14 AM

Sorry for you losses, but cryptomarket is so creazy and unpredictable that no loss is permanent: so, don't be discouraged!
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:23:35 AM

As it were said many times: don't put all eggs in one basket. Diversify your portfolio min to 10-15 parts.
Now you have nothing to do but wait until price will grow up again.

Nicholasio

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:28:57 AM

Seems you just need to do a better research and be a bit more cold-blooded to the corrections. Also try to split up your portfolio with more and less risky coins.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:30:18 AM

Count this as a lesson.

You must manage your money in proper way and never to jump over a coin with 50% of your investment.
And never invest money you cant afford to loose, because then instead of looking for good opportunities, you will whining in forums all day long for your loses.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:31:20 AM

From this lost you can learn more about risk management and continue learn about new strategy. And now i think just take relax and just wait for up trend. The market has chance to going up in a few month because any time for downtrend and could be any time for bullish trend.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
Juulke

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:33:32 AM

Sorry to hear, but like the rest is saying - keep your head up and take this as a lesson learned. My advice would be to invest in coins/tokens which are legit + have some upcoming events so it is most likely to at least increase in value. For example, right now NEO is hot because of the Ontology airdrop.
David20182018

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:34:19 AM

Choose a good ico project and you will get back all money in one time.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:37:45 AM

Feel sorry for you but if you start 3 months ago then you should've followed the december bull run. You also have to learn that going all in on one investment is very risky and you already experienced it as you go all in into nano and the result is very bad, also don't ever try to chase something that already up a lot.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
parekoy

Activity: 168

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 09:38:15 AM

Hey,
Long story short, I started with $3000 almost 4 months ago and now I'm down to $960.
I lost $200-$300 while learning, the rest was from cryptocurrencies crashing, and of course my mistakes.
Two days ago I wanted to ride the Nano train and bought in with all of my $1400 literally at its peak, followed by a colossal drop.
Then, I went all in on Vechain because of the upcoming rebranding, plus I originally purchased it when it was sub $3, but never kept it. Needless to say, it went down by 12%.
So currently I have $960 and I am feeling down that I am losing this battle and won't be able to stay a part of the history we are making.
I haven't bought into ETH, LTC, BTC because with my $1000 I would be getting nothing in return, even if they grew crazy. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi kosuo9909, you get more lessons and good for you.
I really like your spirit of courage that you went through a lot of hard time and you spend time on research like Vechain rebranding and so on.
Please don't quit, and whatever altcoins you are holding now just keep it in your wallet because you will then soon get and earn what you deserve.
Relax and take some coffee and cookies. Wait for the market to fully recover and you'll get that what you had lost.

Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:40:34 AM

Hey,

That is very sad. But don't give up, I would recommend you to do bounties. You invest in your time and get rewarded for your work, with 960$ I would invest in long term and just forget about them by investing in 5 years. Everyone went through, like you (may be not with such a big amount of money)! Bad result is also an result, just take out your mistakes and this is great experience for you! The best experience is when you lose money, you understand much more, than if you earned. Go through your mistakes and forget about the money! Hope you don't give up and get back everything you lost and than in your own time, make a profit! Think about bounties work

sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:42:06 AM

After reading your story its totally your mistake,$3000 is a good amount and you should invest it in multiple coins like,BTC,ETH,NEO,ADA,XPR.Remember never trust on a single coin except BTC,ETH.Now you have lost 2/3 of your capital,now you are advised to hold your remaining capital till the market comes out of price correction phase and the price will increase and in this way you may gain some % return on your lost investment.Now do cry over your folly,be optimistic and have complete information before investing into something,blind trust is very destructive.You can recover this loss by participating in different bounty campings.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:44:30 AM

I think we can all relate to that, and I am sorry for your losses. However, I applaud you for being a risk taker like me, and it is all about learning from the losses that we have. Even me, of course, I have lost more than half of my investments by just holding all of them too much rather than diversifying my options.

We have no other choice but to hold on to it, and start participating in some airdrops and bounties to receive tokens that can be dumped to recover what you have lost in cryptocurrency trading.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:46:24 AM

Hey,

It's a big loss, do not make it as regret.
If you invest, and do not want to lose then you should not sell it.
You can wait until the price is back in place, one of the risks you take is too daring. You just have to wait for the next few months, unless you are a day trader.
I do not have any coin recommendation for you but I just advise you not to invest in one coin only.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: