Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:51:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! AMD Driver Problems *REWARD*  (Read 150 times)
efabe420 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:59:16 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 06:35:00 AM by efabe420

I have 2 cards, ASUS RX470 4G mining edition and Sapphire Rx580 8G..They both do great by themselves but I cant get them both to run at the same time on different drivers. No matter which drivers I install in which order, one of them tries to run both cards. Even the Crimson blockchain drivers, which dont even the support the 470, automatically label it a 570 and installs 570 drivers, which dont work very well on the 470. When I uninstall 1 card during installation, as soon as I restart with the other card in, the drivers take over both cards. So I am stuck either running ASUS drivers on my 580 or The Crimson drivers on my 470, robbing one or the the other of hash rate. EVen the recommended Adrenaline drivers also label it a 570. If it was just the label, I would say fuck it but thats not the case, the 570 drivers on the 470 dont work right.  I just want both cards to run at their max potential, there has got to be a way to lock in the drivers for one card before installing the next .  ANy help or advice would be much appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:38:43 AM

You shouldn't need to use two drivers, even if they are two different series. Crimson should be able to recognize both and as long as you have the bios modded you should be getting the maximum potential from them (just dont forget to set to compute if you have ReLive). Did you install the AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher as well? Normally doing that will solve most recognition problems.

Also, you should move this thread to the mining section, probably would get better responses.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:10:46 AM

EVen the recommended Adrenaline drivers also label it a 570. If it was just the label, I would say fuck it but thats not the case, the 570 drivers on the 470 dont work right.

I wonder how this doesn't work, Adrenalin drivers supposedly support Rx400 and Rx500 series

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-17.12.1-Release-Notes.aspx

I just want both cards to run at their max potential, there has got to be a way to lock in the drivers for one card before installing the next .  ANy help or advice would be much appreciated.

Modify their bios in order to get their true potentials

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0
efabe420 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:31:57 AM

@leonix007   The latest 18.2.1 drivers claim to support both as well.  Ive tried them all after first uninstalling any trace of the cards from the computer and The RX470  is only recognized for what it is by its own ASUS drivers and performs by far the best with them. Crimson, adrenaline or any other amd driver all drop the 470s hashrate by 10%-20%. probably due to the mis identification as a 570 and the Asus drivers are even worse for the sapphire 580. I have already flashed modified bios onto both cards, which made some improvements but If I want max performance, which, who doesnt? Im going to need to use both drivers... there has got to be a way. My Intel IGD drivers run flawlessly alongside either the Asus or AMD drivers, doesnt effect either card in any way. So it is definitely possible...just gotta figure out how....come on bitcointalk.org community....I will for sure hook somebody up with a minimum of .0001 btC for a solution.
efabe420 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:45:31 AM

Im starting to wonder if all this could possibly be due to this "Mining Edition" of the RX470. Everything about it has been a little off. Timing straps and clock adjustments both took a little extra finesse to nail down. It has no hdmi ports, its just a strange variation in general. Seemed like a good investment at the time(probably 4 am with dilated pupils)
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:59:31 AM

My solution sell 470 and buy sapphire 580.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:02:25 AM

this is why its a good practice to just separate different series of gpus, less hassle in the end. the masses of people like yourself just don't learn

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:18:48 AM

@leonix007   The latest 18.2.1 drivers claim to support both as well.  Ive tried them all after first uninstalling any trace of the cards from the computer and The RX470  is only recognized for what it is by its own ASUS drivers and performs by far the best with them. Crimson, adrenaline or any other amd driver all drop the 470s hashrate by 10%-20%. probably due to the mis identification as a 570 and the Asus drivers are even worse for the sapphire 580. I have already flashed modified bios onto both cards, which made some improvements but If I want max performance, which, who doesnt? Im going to need to use both drivers... there has got to be a way. My Intel IGD drivers run flawlessly alongside either the Asus or AMD drivers, doesnt effect either card in any way. So it is definitely possible...just gotta figure out how....come on bitcointalk.org community....I will for sure hook somebody up with a minimum of .0001 btC for a solution.

I feel you bro, I have one rig with mixed AMD and Nividia and doing headache, anyways, looking at your prob I have a feeling it might be the clock issue, did you use MSI afterburner to do clocks? since this is a different cards it should be configured on each card.

just ensure that amd drivers is in Compute mode.
efabe420 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:12:50 AM

My solution sell 470 and buy sapphire 580.
cut your losses and give up is hardly good advice..thanks tho Tongue

this is why its a good practice to just separate different series of gpus, less hassle in the end. the masses of people like yourself just don't learn
Thanks for your input but Im still pretty new to this, its a learning curve. ease up a bit maybe  Cool

I feel you bro, I have one rig with mixed AMD and Nividia and doing headache, anyways, looking at your prob I have a feeling it might be the clock issue, did you use MSI afterburner to do clocks? since this is a different cards it should be configured on each card.

just ensure that amd drivers is in Compute mode.
Yeah I do them both individually using afterburner.  I prefer afterburner or something similar over bios flashing, its a little safer, easier to fine tune and change for different currancy. The adjust, flash, restart, test and repeat method is just way too tedious. Same reason I prefer the copy&paste method of modifying the straps. I dont know enough about it to tweak em to the max. For eth I just adjust the mem clock to get the highest hash rate and then underclock the core till it starts droppin. Seperately I can get about 30 mh/s with the 580 on crimson and about 25 mh/s with the 470 on asus...right now together on adrenaline Im getting about 25 and 19, which really isnt bad i guess but just knowing theyre both capable of more drives me nuts..
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:47:54 AM

I have in one rig a mix of amd cards : rx vega + 2 rx 570 + 3 rx 480, some of them even with different size of memory and all is working as intended.
I've flashed rx64's bios into my vega, then flashed all rx to modded bios, install blockchain drivers, patched it, disabled in registry crossfire, restart.
all is working right form the start..
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:08:27 PM

Yeah I do them both individually using afterburner.  I prefer afterburner or something similar over bios flashing, its a little safer, easier to fine tune and change for different currancy. The adjust, flash, restart, test and repeat method is just way too tedious. Same reason I prefer the copy&paste method of modifying the straps. I dont know enough about it to tweak em to the max. For eth I just adjust the mem clock to get the highest hash rate and then underclock the core till it starts droppin. Seperately I can get about 30 mh/s with the 580 on crimson and about 25 mh/s with the 470 on asus...right now together on adrenaline Im getting about 25 and 19, which really isnt bad i guess but just knowing theyre both capable of more drives me nuts..

Weird huh, yeah you're right 570 could at least go with 28-29 mh/s, btw, are you using risers? I was just thinking if it happens you're using it, try to plug the two GPU's directly on the board x16 slot if it is capable. otherwise try to replace them.
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:26:28 PM

It seems to me that your problems are connected with incorrect selection of the driver. I do not use the standard driver. I'm using the Crimson Beta driver. This is a single driver for GPU 4XX and 5XX series. On one my rig on this driver work 4xx, 5xx and R9 series. Change the driver.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: