Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:51:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Display your cgminer Stats on a small LCD Display (cgminerLCDStats)  (Read 10642 times)
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:45:10 AM

Turns out the one I got was a dud, the USB connecter is broken and only receives power, no data. Time to open it up and see what I can see!

EDIT: working now. Just hit the USB connector with my rework station and all is working.

Cheers for a great little script OP!

Sweet! Congrats on the repair.

I'm kinda noobie to Linux - but I have a question:

I use SSH to access my rPi and I can get it running easily. However - is there a way so i can still sudo screen -r on cgminer so I can monitor the miner when I am on my other computer?

Any way around this?

I answered this myself - I'm an idiot. Just duplicated the session in putty and entered the cgminerLCDStats.py command.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cardcomm (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:17:10 PM

Hi im  trying to get this screen to work with bfgminer but i think there is some difference between it and cgminer and a it just hangs at what looks like getting the api info anyone have any idea what need changing ?

Hi,

I haven't tested with bfgminer at all, and I'm not very familiar with it. I  think the API is similar, so it may work. You'll need to make sure bfgminer is listening for API call. I think you need something like this in the bfgminer config file:

"api-listen" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",

I hope this helps. Let me know if you get it working, or if I can be of further help.

Implemented a quick dirty fix which gets it working with bfgminer

changed CgminerRPCClient.py

Code:
# loop until a zero byte indicates we got all the data
            data = ""
            while True:
                buffer = s.recv(65535)
                if '\x00' in buffer:
                    data += buffer # keep the buffer and bail from the loop - we got all t$
                    break # zero found, so we must have all the data TODO break in loop is$
                else:
                    data += buffer # No zero found yet, append current buffer to data and $

s.close() # close the socket

To

# loop until a zero byte indicates we got all the data
            data = ""
            while True:
                buffer = s.recv(65535)
                if buffer:
                    data += buffer # keep the buffer and bail from the loop - we got all t$
                 # zero found, so we must have all the data TODO break in loop is ugly    $
                else:
                      s.close() # close the socket
                break

Sweet. glad you got it working. I really need to take the time and examine the exact differences between the API's.

Sorry I've been away from the thread a while. I'm glad y'all got your problems sorted. Yeah, opening a new putty window works well to run the script. That's usually what I do. Or you could have it auto start.

southerngentuk - Glad you discovered how to set it up to auto start. I'm been meaning to add a tutorial for that, but it varies for different Linux flavors. Maybe I'll do one that covers the versions I know.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:16:21 AM

Sweet. glad you got it working. I really need to take the time and examine the exact differences between the API's.

Sorry I've been away from the thread a while. I'm glad y'all got your problems sorted. Yeah, opening a new putty window works well to run the script. That's usually what I do. Or you could have it auto start.

southerngentuk - Glad you discovered how to set it up to auto start. I'm been meaning to add a tutorial for that, but it varies for different Linux flavors. Maybe I'll do one that covers the versions I know.
Thank you for this great project.

Maybe add a link to the git pointing to  mineforemans forum. That seems to have a lot of good information also.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:06:47 PM

Awesome! Just wish I had a spare USB port free. Would look great sitting on my router Smiley
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 07:12:11 PM

My display arrived early this week.  I have it monitoring both cgminer instances with this quick-and-dirty shell script that just alternates between the two:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
while [ 1 == 1 ]
do
  python cgminerLCDStats.py -d 15 &
  sleep 10
  kill $(ps auxw | grep cgminerLCDStats.py | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}') 
  python cgminerLCDStats.py -d 15 -p 4029 &
  sleep 10
done

Port 4028 (the default) is an scrypt mining instance with a Radeon 6870 and a Radeon 7750.  Port 4029 is an SHA-256 mining instance with a couple of BFL Jalapeños.  Every 10 seconds, it reads one and displays it.  The running instance is then killed and the other one is started.

The only real downside is that the display is cleared once every 10 seconds.  I'm also not sure that more information (as from two miners at once) could be displayed without some lower-level mucking around in the display software to make the text smaller.  Perhaps rendering text (in a smaller font) to an image and uploading that to the display would work.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
cardcomm (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:41:53 AM

My display arrived early this week.  I have it monitoring both cgminer instances with this quick-and-dirty shell script that just alternates between the two:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
while [ 1 == 1 ]
do
  python cgminerLCDStats.py -d 15 &
  sleep 10
  python cgminerLCDStats.py -d 15 -p 4029 &
  sleep 10
done

Port 4028 (the default) is an scrypt mining instance with a Radeon 6870 and a Radeon 7750.  Port 4029 is an SHA-256 mining instance with a couple of BFL Jalapeños.  Every 10 seconds, it reads one and displays it.  The running instance is then killed and the other one is started.

The only real downside is that the display is cleared once every 10 seconds.  I'm also not sure that more information (as from two miners at once) could be displayed without some lower-level mucking around in the display software to make the text smaller.  Perhaps rendering text (in a smaller font) to an image and uploading that to the display would work.

Very, VERY cool Smiley It's nice to see people getting some use out of this!

Yeah, the text size isn't something you can set, at least with the library code I've looked at. As you say, the next best bet would be to render up an image in the background and then display it. Kinda old school style Wink

As for the screen blanking every time it's restarted - you could try commenting out line 341 in cgminerLCDStats.py:
  #   display.clear_lines(TextLines.ALL, BackgroundColours.BLACK)

Not sure that will work as expected, but it's worth a try.

Thanks for sharing your tip for monitoring multiple instances. I'll try and add that to the readme.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:46:11 PM

Took a little work, but got it running on my router:

P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:00:00 AM

Noticed that you're using 'stats' just to get the elapsed time... It's a HUGE transfer and elapsed time is already available in the 'summary' data.
skleven

Activity: 281

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:25:56 AM

Is there any chance of getting this to work in windows??
P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:09:30 PM

Mixed mine up a bit.
Changed the format of the uptime
Split the hash rate and blocks found and added colour (red if hash rate too low)
Added temp (displays highest temp) with colour (green -> yellow -> red)
Added colour to MtGOX text too.

Rohks

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:32:43 PM

Looks awesome! I think I might order one of those LCDs and see if I can get it up and running for myself. Great work
cardcomm (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:02:22 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 12:18:25 AM by cardcomm

This is really sweet guys! I'm SO please y'all are finding a use for my little script, and making so many cool changes to it.

This has been a long tough today - it means a lot to check this thread and see people getting use from my small effort. Awesome!

BTW, that router hack is extra cool! I love this forum Smiley

Vertiayn

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:40:31 PM

Is there any chance of getting this to work in windows??

I actually wrote a Windows version similar to this a few months back. Runs on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 currently for BFGminer and CGminer.

If there's an interest in it, I'll upload the code to Github.
skleven

Activity: 281

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:56:31 AM

Would be awsome. Smiley Have one of these displays collecting dust, and would be fun to actualy use it too. I have never in my life touched linux, and wont try either.
ct1aic

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 05:51:33 PM

With the end of MtGox, is there a new version of cgminerLCDStats that could get the price of the BTC at other exchange?

Many thanks in advance.

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
alleopathy

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:39:17 AM

Is that possible only tour recommended LCD display?
I've other 320*240 resolution one.
 Huh
Thanks for your great info.
Suave

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:01:57 AM

This is cool. How did I not see this months ago?
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:59:09 PM

Hi, my display is on the way....  Grin was shipped from HK yesterday but i have to wait 20~30 days before it will be in my hand  Cry .

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:57:47 PM

total noob on *nix ! but i still ordered the display & a Rpi. many questions to be asked for sure when both of them arrives. currently running on windows. can it work on windows ? yeah also the mtgox"ed" ticker, how to change that to other exchanges ?

awesome scrypt & idea. thx for sharing  Cool
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:55:00 AM

display arrived. managed to get it installed but then the display works & switches to a screen that says "error check miner [error 5] input/output"
running on minepeon 0.2.4.4 cgminer 3.12.3 mining on OSM boards.
installed using this guide : http://minepeon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=636
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: