Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:53:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sports betting Strategy -> Betting early vs. late  (Read 512 times)
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:48:55 AM

In mutual betting system like on OneHash - it's better to bet just before the game

Why it is better to bet just before the game starts on parimutuel betting system while the odds keeps changing till the pool is closed? You cant make sure that you will be the last bet on the pool so one bet after you may change the odds significantly.
Maybe it is because I prefer to bet on fixed odds, no matter pre-match bet or live bet. Fixed odds is still the most favorite system in sports betting imho, that's why it is hard for onehash to compete with other sports betting sites.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:58:34 AM

For you sports bettors out there, do you prefer to lock in your lines early or closer to the scheduled start time?

Early:
- chance of yielding closing line value (CLV) in locking in a line that beats the market, giving you +EV bets

Late:
- more confidence in lineups, injury situations

I guess it depends on how confident your picks long-term will yield CLV based on whatever model/projections/analysis/tipsters you use. I imagine most casual betters just place their wagers closer to game-time, though they will never yield CLV.

I would never fix my bet early as there could be repercussions maybe the star players could not even be in the star line or they could get injured. I prefer to read the tempo of the game before I begin.

It's a stupid bet to actually go fully it's like a murder of your money cause you'll definitely loose so my advise is not to do it. Be safe and smart with your money.
Arian247

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:25:22 AM

For you sports bettors out there, do you prefer to lock in your lines early or closer to the scheduled start time?

Early:
- chance of yielding closing line value (CLV) in locking in a line that beats the market, giving you +EV bets

Late:
- more confidence in lineups, injury situations

I guess it depends on how confident your picks long-term will yield CLV based on whatever model/projections/analysis/tipsters you use. I imagine most casual betters just place their wagers closer to game-time, though they will never yield CLV.
As a punter I love placing my bets early because it gives me enough time to analyze the games I want to bet on. I only play live games when I want to make some quick cash. Here are two sites which will be helpful
Scoresway.com  this site has a complete h2h analysis of all sports and www.progsport.com a free prediction site with 80% accuracy. I hope this help
reactorjuno

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:57:46 AM

I cannot remember if it was shared before but this article published at Pinnacle.com is spot on > https://www.pinnacle.com/en/betting-articles/educational/beating-closing-line-profit-expectation/Y3U2RWVK4HCW76XU?dvc=d&utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=link-test

Basically, like said earlier, you NEED to bet early, the closing line is very accurate compared to the opening odds.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 11:02:55 AM

I have experienced many times I haven't locked in my bet because it's too late and it should be a sure win. I think that's okay because you could really make it up for another bet if you analyze it perfectly then go get it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:58:19 AM

I play both when I have some time to monitor the game, I do use sportbet as they offering live games, I think what is good with live games is you can
assess the players and the team's performances, though odds really change a lot, unlike with early bets where if you are lucky to pick the best one
you will be able to win much bigger but risk also much higher as factors that influence the results still unknown.
actually there is no problem we will place a bet at the beginning or at the end, both equally beneficial and disadvantageous, better than the beginning because we can see the movement of the opponent, unlike at the end of the risk we rely more on luck

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:04:36 PM

I use both cause you need to keep an eye on the markets early and before the games start
doing this you will be able to hunt good value for your betting in the long run , I take degenbet signals as an example where sometimes he gives picks for matches that will start after 5-10 days where he thinks that the odds will drop in the coming days , and so far he was right about that
so catching the higher odds early will either lock you more value or you can simple arbitrage the other side in case you want a sure bet

same case for pre live events where the odds sometimes jump and you may get a good value but for me early bets have been doing better
Zlatna Kopa4ka

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:48:17 PM

I always bet early, before the games start. I like to have a good time of thinking about the games that I want to bet on. Which players are absent, the form of the players etc. I used to bet live on sports back in the day and I was pretty successful to be honest I think I've won more than lost. I recommend if you're planning to bet live go for basketball on points for plus or minus.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:52:21 PM

I always bet early, before the games start. I like to have a good time of thinking about the games that I want to bet on. Which players are absent, the form of the players etc. I used to bet live on sports back in the day and I was pretty successful to be honest I think I've won more than lost. I recommend if you're planning to bet live go for basketball on points for plus or minus.
We do have the same recommendation when going live.I do always prefer to bet on basketball points +/- but i have done this kind of betting when im rushing up but overall i also made early bets before the start of the game, you can really make analysis towards the game. Winning chances might not be an assurance but important thing we are on positive.

Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:33:11 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 07:57:48 PM by Hazaki

Whether it is an early or a late gamble , things won't drastically change .
Furthermore , online betting platforms don't display the odds to bet on of the majority of games until it's 5 or 4 days to the due date , and the teams aren't likely to have any games in that time lapse which will minimize the risk of injuries and last minute changements .
This tho can happen in some games especially the WORLD : Club Friendly games and we have seen that the strategy and the line up of some teams can fully change because of one single injuriy since National teams haven't their full lineups and especially no substitutes .

Speaking more of the WORLD : Club Friendly , betting on such games can be very remunerating and my strategy is to always bet on the weaker teams since they tend to seem good teams because all of the good teams are just trying new strategies in such friendly games and such strategies could be a mess and lead to their loss , but it's a friendly game so who cares ..
Tunisia won 1-0 against Croatia yesterday (Croatia's goalkeeper is Kaylor Navas of Real Madrid ) and no one thought that his team will loose especially that most of it's players play in good European leagues .
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:14:31 AM

First off, Keylor Navas is a Costa Rican and as such plays for the Costs Rica national football team. He is not from Croatia and definitely wouldn't be allowed to play for their national team, dude  Grin Secondly, odds tend to change more rapidly closer to the start of the match when the majority of the players are getting their bets in. So, sometimes, it's better to get your bets in very early in order to catch better odds on the favorites for example. Alternatively, wait a little bit more to get better odds on the underdogs  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: