Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 105 Gh/s ASIC miner: Redhash by TAV. (Limited availability on eBay).  (Read 41975 times)
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:56:49 AM

great work guys, this is what the mining community needs.

Wow - even landed kudos from the man himself...

Why is this such a shocker, this what we wanted in the first place, and been our message since day one.
to be fair though, except reality of making few thousand units is a lot harder than making 30, I hope you guys can scale properly.

As long as they ignore your advice they will be fine.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:04:52 AM

reserved
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:55:27 AM

great work guys, this is what the mining community needs.

fucking liars have no position to talk about "community". you have me lose at least one thousand bitcoin.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 06:36:06 AM

props for not doing that pre-order rubbish, thats all i have to say, this should be a moment positive reinforcement from the community...maybe it is the auction tension getting to everyone  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:30:31 AM

props for not doing that pre-order rubbish, thats all i have to say, this should be a moment positive reinforcement from the community...maybe it is the auction tension getting to everyone  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nah, the thread was doing fine until YiFuck decided to show up with his false congratulations. Did he really expect people would lick his boots after all that he has done? What an arrogant asshole.

It'll be hard to shake that reputation, YiFuck...

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:35:13 AM

This doesnt compute. No one so far has ever launched a bitcoin miner without taking preorders months in advance based on guessed specifications. Tested products in stock at launch? Impossible, has to be a scam Smiley

On a more serious note, congrats guys. Awesome looking product. I love the company name too Smiley.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 01:22:38 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 02:04:03 PM by edgar

Yeah, Seriously!!  WELL DONE GUYS!!

Stellar work with awful circumstances!

even though they're almost 'redundant', id love to take one just for the wow factor... except i kinda 'need' wifi.

I'd love to see what you could do with some better chips, perhaps refurbing ALL scamalons rigs at some point.

Congratulations & Best Of Luck, Fellas!!

KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 01:52:13 PM

Simply awesome.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 02:13:48 PM

I hope you guys can scale properly.

I hope you don't get smeared by a taxi while crossing the street.
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:04:30 PM

Why did YiFuck cross the street?
-Because he wanted to screw the miners on that side too!

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 04:44:30 PM

Why did YiFuck cross the street?
-Because he wanted to screw the miners on that side too!

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:59:50 PM

I am a total Avalon fan, so while I can't say I am happy about alot of people getting screwed on their chip orders. I hope Yifu finds a way to turn it around and make a recovery for the company.

I hope their 55nm parts can be competitive enough that they won't have to worry about the 28nm parts coming out soon.

Lets hope alot of the open manufacturers pick up the Avalon line after the chip debacle.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:29:39 PM

I'll be OK with Avalon about the time they send me a check to cover the 250 BTC or so I ended being screwed out of due to deliberately delayed chips. 

But I really wish TAV the best of luck.  Packaged inside a TAV product is about as close as I'd want to get to anything BitSynCom related from here on out.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:14:34 PM

15 BTC with units shipping now is clearly profitable: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/44fc645248 (55% month-over-month difficulty increase), and even a pessimistic 100% month-over-month increase is profitable. Also, 15 BTC for 105 Ghash/sec beats the price per Ghash/sec of any competitor shipping now or in October!

1) You can't buy them for 15BTC right now. 19BTC is a little less optimistic.

2) You have the Initial Mining Date as September '13. You change that to October '13 (cuz Sept is basically over), and all the numbers go red. As in no profit. Am I looking at this wrong?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
mrb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 10:33:53 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 10:46:11 PM by mrb

2) You have the Initial Mining Date as September '13. You change that to October '13 (cuz Sept is basically over), and all the numbers go red. As in no profit. Am I looking at this wrong?

When you set the date to October, TGB shows an initial difficulty of over 298 million which is completely wrong. Our miners start shipping 3 days from now when the difficulty will still be 149 million. This is a big flaw of TGB due to its coarse 1-month granularity. I explained it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303376.msg3249572#msg3249572

Another dramatic way of observing the flaw is this: TGB with October as initial date will suddenly start showing profits if you use the calculator on October 1st (because the initial mining date will fall in a month the same as the current day).
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:20:55 AM

What are you talking about? They did fuck up.

They just didn't fuck up nearly as bad as BFL. ('BFL Fuck'ed is a different league of it's own.)

=============================

Personally, I think you are stupid and can't do math if you bought chips with a 100-day delay. Doing a little bit of math would have told you that profitability was iffy.

The same applies to BFL chips which were priced the same per GH/s. Why do you think no one is jumping for joy now that BFL is shipping (on time) for once in it's short lived life? (Some folks are busy hawking their BFL chips to open manufactures as we speak to get rid of them.)

People like you and Batch 3 customers must have known the immense risk of buying hardware at too high a price with a very long lead time. If you didn't then you just had terrible luck. (though I think it was the incapacity to do math)

==============================

Even back then I let people know [rather openly] it was a terrible price point and wasn't willing to go and buy it myself (@ that price). (either the chips or the hardware of batch 3 at the newer price point)

I hate to see people get fucked (honestly, I do) but in your case, I don't really mind. You did deserve to lose your BTC/Cash after you gambled the way you did.

==============================

In either case, you have given Yifu (or someone else) a tremendous investment which people like me hedged would push them forward into the future. Apparently they are taking that investment and going forward with a slew of designs from gen 2 to 4.

So if you still have enough money/BTC to continue, then I hope to see you in the next gen. If not, then thank you for securing the network with your Avalon purchase.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:29:21 AM

Word to the wise,

Liquidate your chips if you still have them. (If you can't find any Open Manufacturers who are willing to assemble the boards and chips into a productive miner.)

Take a hit, then reset your game plan on whatever is next. Do it now, before everyone starts liquidating gen 1 hardware and it's derivatives.

A ton of BFL hardware that no one wants is about to flood Ebay, BitMit and BitCoinTalk. So you might want to sell now before the prices are driven into the ground. At that point (if you still desire it) you can rebuy hardware no one wants at below their sale price as people compete to get it off their hands.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:15:09 AM

I'll be OK with Avalon about the time they send me a check to cover the 250 BTC or so I ended being screwed out of due to deliberately delayed chips. 

But I really wish TAV the best of luck.  Packaged inside a TAV product is about as close as I'd want to get to anything BitSynCom related from here on out.

while i find your posts offensive more often than not, i wholeheartedly agree with this post.

i 'only' lost out on 5 months worth of profit, while them cnuts 'tested' the arse right out of all our rigs - probably in the region of a few hundred BTC.

without sounding racist i dont know how yifu can show his bloated face anywhere around here without offering to compensate us for his dishonesty & theivery.

As you all may recall form his interview 'he will not be held responsible for financial advice'...

i promise you, he WILL if we ever meet.
I think you meant "without being racist", rather than "without sounding racist".
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:53:39 AM

When you set the date to October, TGB shows an initial difficulty of over 298 million which is completely wrong. Our miners start shipping 3 days from now when the difficulty will still be 149 million. This is a big flaw of TGB due to its coarse 1-month granularity. I explained it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303376.msg3249572#msg3249572

Another dramatic way of observing the flaw is this: TGB with October as initial date will suddenly start showing profits if you use the calculator on October 1st (because the initial mining date will fall in a month the same as the current day).

By auctioning these off to the highest ("stupidest") bidder, we get a good look at what those miners think this is worth; its an interesting experiment, and one that will yield TAV the highest possible revenue. I dont believe miners will profit from these, unless they have free electricity and most 28nm asics are significantly delayed, but at least this is much fairer than selling untold amounts of preorders with unknown future delivery date.

Just one question; your photo's show 60+ machines, current auction lists 27; how many do you intend to auction off over the coming weeks/months?
mrb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 10:13:36 AM

Just one question; your photo's show 60+ machines, current auction lists 27; how many do you intend to auction off over the coming weeks/months?

Well, not all machines can be sold. Some were never filled in with chips/hash units due to Bitsyncom's delays. Some are stock held for warranty claims. Some have non-working parts.

With that said, I cannot comment on our future plans. Surprises Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: