Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:51:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 105 Gh/s ASIC miner: Redhash by TAV. (Limited availability on eBay).  (Read 41972 times)
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:37:20 PM

And the pictures do a pretty good job of it, too...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:49:56 PM

Nice job and miners but power use of chips too much or I might get 1 or 2.
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:03:07 PM

Do you offer local pickup in Lake Forest?? If so, do you offer a discount for local pickup?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:29:08 PM

Regardless of spec major praise for bringing the product to the community the way you did.
This is refreshing!
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:39:12 PM

I'm impressed by what you did. Congratulations TAV!

Wesly

Activity: 185

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 05:41:46 PM

Why run it in an auction format and not just fix a price for sale?   I would think you want these units sold asap.  

Question
:  Are you mining with units that will be auctioned currently?

Really?  No, they are not, they are already taking a heavy loss, so no, they are not and should not be mining with these units.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:57:19 PM

Why run it in an auction format and not just fix a price for sale?   I would think you want these units sold asap.  

Question

Really?  No, they are not, they are already taking a heavy loss, so no, they are not and should not be mining with these units.

sarcasm is strong with this one.

Yes they are mining with them.

Wesly

Activity: 185

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 06:01:42 PM

Question

Sorry, just can't help myself.  I usually take the stance of there is no dumb question, and I probably won't be brother if it is a newbie who doesn't know anything.  But this coming from someone who is running a Bitcoin hosting services?  Come on now!
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 06:38:26 PM

Question

Sorry, just can't help myself.  I usually take the stance of there is no dumb question, and I probably won't be brother if it is a newbie who doesn't know anything.  But this coming from someone who is running a Bitcoin hosting services?  Come on now!

It is a legitimate question actually.   I guess I would expect a fixed price if they were being mined with.  I personally am interested but not in an auction format. 

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
mrb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 06:50:25 PM

what's its noise like? what ambient temps are safe to run them? also can you guys arrange lower declaration value?

Noise: you definitely not want the machine to be in a living room. However you may replace the fans with quieter ones. Adjust the chip MHz clock accordingly.

Safe ambient temps: same as original Avalon units.

Declaration value: we will declare the true value of the unit.

mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 06:52:12 PM

When would these be shipping by?

24 hours after your payment clears. Auction ends on October 1st, so those paying quickly (eg. bitcoins) will have their units ship on October 2nd.
EdManet

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:57:28 PM

I have to applaud the fact you stayed away from the pre-order nonsense and have produced what looks like some pretty well designed equipment.

But... at 15BTC there is no ROI.  The break even point is about half that price.
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/31d85cc849

Please keep up the good work.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 06:58:48 PM

This is old Avalon tech? Is the stuff about it being way too late for old Avalon chips to ROI just FUD?
In the K16 threads everyone seems to have decided some time ago those old chips are useless/worthless now. Are they wrong?

-MarkM-

Our customers should be able to achieve ROI (by some reasonable difficulty increase estimates and at least at the starting bid of 15 BTC), because TAV is selling these units below their manufacturing cost, even below the raw Avalon chips cost.

This is the price of doing things rights by not taking pre-orders. We take financial risks, so that our customers don't have to.
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 07:05:37 PM

But... at 15BTC there is no ROI.  The break even point is about half that price.

Actually this estimate is incorrect. If you look carefully, the first mining month is estimated as having a diff of 293 million(!) Our units will start shipping on October 2nd, when we will still obviously be at the current difficulty 149 million.

This is a big flaw of the mining.thegenesisblock.com calculator... The granularity of 1-month in its table of numbers is too coarse to accurately predict the revenue of a miner shipping in the next few days because there is a big difference between a miner shipping on October 1st vs October 30th, but in both cases mining.thegenesisblock.com will show the same revenue!

So to work around this flaw, you have to fudge with the "current difficulty" so that the October 2013 starting mining difficulty starts at 149 million, in which case you see that at 15 BTC our miners are clearly profitable even assuming a 100% month-over-month difficulty increase: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/db4d60faba
scooter

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:11:02 PM

This is the way to sell a product.. make it first.. bring it to the market

Tru dat!
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:13:47 PM

This is the price of doing things rights by not taking pre-orders. We take financial risks, so that our customers don't have to.

+1000000

Can't wait to see your next product.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:17:53 PM

Actually this estimate is incorrect. If you look carefully, the first mining month is estimated as having a diff of 293 million(!) Our units will start shipping on October 2nd, when we will still obviously be at the current difficulty 149 million.

This is a big flaw of the mining.thegenesisblock.com calculator... The granularity of 1-month in its table of numbers is too coarse to accurately predict the revenue of a miner shipping in the next few days because there is a big difference between a miner shipping on October 1st vs October 30th, but in both cases mining.thegenesisblock.com will show the same revenue!

So to work around this flaw, you have to fudge with the "current difficulty" so that the October 2013 starting mining difficulty starts at 149 million, in which case you see that at 15 BTC our miners are clearly profitable even assuming a 100% month-over-month difficulty increase: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/db4d60faba

+lots.  People really use TGB calulator wrong.  Besides these units are so cool looking, and ACTUALLY IN STOCK, who cares about ROI?
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:18:05 PM

Another calculator gives break-even near Christmas.  This is the calculator that I use, but I don't have any smart way to decide what parameters I believe.

I try to be respectful and informed.
shapemaker

Activity: 238

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:25:09 PM

This is old Avalon tech? Is the stuff about it being way too late for old Avalon chips to ROI just FUD?
In the K16 threads everyone seems to have decided some time ago those old chips are useless/worthless now. Are they wrong?

-MarkM-

Our customers should be able to achieve ROI (by some reasonable difficulty increase estimates and at least at the starting bid of 15 BTC), because TAV is selling these units below their manufacturing cost, even below the raw Avalon chips cost.

I simply can't applaud this too much. Other manufacturers, take note.

The only bad thing in this is that you guys have to take a heavy loss because of Yifu's idiocy.

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:30:55 PM

Which exchange do you use to calculate BTC to FIAT for CC payments?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: