Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:09:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if USA and China made bitcoin legal tomorrow?  (Read 313 times)
Ayam1fish (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:30:39 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 10:03:28 PM by Ayam1fish

What if you woke up tomorrow to realize USA and China decided to make bitcoin legal, what would have been your emotions, and what price would bitcoin attain within the next 1 week?

EDITED
Apologies, i was rather referring to ICOs but not bitcoin. Apologies once more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:35:36 PM

What if you woke up tomorrow to realize USA and China decided to make bitcoin legal, what would have been your emotions, and what price would bitcoin attain within the next 1 week?

It isn't illegal in the USA or China, so I'm not sure what you're smoking over there.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Fayamba

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:36:48 PM

Well, i would quit my job full time and do bitcoin with all my body, mind and soul. lol. But on a more serious note, it would have been a massive message for the crypto community. We would probably see the price shot to 30k within the next one week. Thats my prediction.
gotminer

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:38:59 PM

What are you guys even talking about?  BTC is not illegal in China.  And it sure as hell is not illegal in the USA. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Ayam1fish (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:40:18 PM

It isn't illegal in the USA or China, so I'm not sure what you're smoking over there.
Most ICOs restrict participants from these countries. Maybe i didnt get the concept clearly. To me i thought it was virtually the same.
eucalyptus

Activity: 280
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:43:04 PM

We cannot say they will make it legal or illegal. They can do regulations. If we have good news of course, price of bitcoin will rise significantly. At least some countries will create their own cryptocurrencies. But these coins should obey to Bitcoin as well Smiley

gotminer

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:43:07 PM

Most ICOs restrict participants from these countries. Maybe i didnt get the concept clearly. To me i thought it was virtually the same.

You should get back to your studies young lad.  You have a lot of learning to do and a wealth of information at your fingertips.

Sorry, but BTC (Bitcoin) is a currency.  An ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is a way of raising investor money for a new project, coin, currency, ect.

gotminer

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:45:14 PM

We cannot say they will make it legal or illegal. They can do regulations. If we have good news of course, price of bitcoin will rise significantly. At least some countries will create their own cryptocurrencies. But these coins should obey to Bitcoin as well Smiley

Well in the United States, our regulators are not looking to ban Bitcoin or any other crypto currency for that mater.  However, they do wish to regulate it in order to weed out all of the scammers and punish those for stealing from others.

This is a good thing.

mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:47:33 PM

then you would have start ups with crazy ideas coming up on every corner. 90% of the time it will be a scam of some sort.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
maaydin

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:49:10 PM

it would be great for the whole community as there for sure would be so many newcomers and the demand would rise so much resulting in the rise of their value.
gotminer

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:51:35 PM

it would be great for the whole community as there for sure would be so many newcomers and the demand would rise so much resulting in the rise of their value.

I think you know about as little as the OP does, if you're in the camp that believes the USA or China has outlawed BTC.  Why is there so much mis-information out there.  You both are extremely confused.

Marine8

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 09:52:27 PM

Am glad you corrected yourself to mean ICOs. Well, that will have caused a massive shot up in the population of the crypto community. Most fake projects would have risen to add to the small already existing ones. The price of bitcoin would have increased significantly, no doubt.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
gotminer

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:53:39 PM

then you would have start ups with crazy ideas coming up on every corner. 90% of the time it will be a scam of some sort.

Exactly.  That's why treating ICO's as registered securities is a good idea.  In general, it's going to make a person think twice about starting an ICO will the sole purpose of stealing investor funds.

In the United States, the Securities and Exchange Commission is starting to come down hard on these thieving bastards.

Ayam1fish (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:02:15 PM

I made a mistake initially, which i corrected later, but i have seen that my mistake will serve as a basis for some of us to learn a lot over here but not me alone. @gotminer,@mast3rm1nd etc. Thanks for the education.
gotminer

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:41:36 PM

I made a mistake initially, which i corrected later, but i have seen that my mistake will serve as a basis for some of us to learn a lot over here but not me alone. @gotminer,@mast3rm1nd etc. Thanks for the education.

Not a problem.  Check out some of the beginner crypto podcasts.  There are a ton of them out there and they helped me out a lot when I was trying to wrap my mind around a lot of the terminology that I didn't understand.  Crypto 101 is a pretty good one.

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:58:50 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 11:29:37 AM by r32godzilla

EDITED
That would definitely be a big breakthrough in the ICO industry.Lots of companies related to ICO would once again shift their attention towards these two countries.

As we know that mostly bitcoins are preferred to raise the required funds via ICO,there would be a huge increase in demand for bitcoins which would increase its price.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:30:18 AM

I would be really sad. USA can't move that fast though and China would be taking a huge risk in many ways.

Banning bitcoin won't stop it though, it will damage the price for a while though, so let's hope they do not. Maybe next week

sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:38:58 AM

EDITED

i'm sure that would be the big-bang for bitcoin and the prize will explode and reach new ath. with this move i see a great future for bitcoin. it is a nice dream. maybe we'll see it soon.
yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:49:02 AM

China's policy capital controls on ico have closed some small exchanges. Some exchanges are facing rectification!

And China is a total ban on ico project, they think the ico is a kind of illegal public financing without approval, the alleged illegal sell promissory notes, illegal securities issuance and illegal financing, financial fraud, pyramid schemes, such as illegal and criminal activities.

guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:58:25 AM

EDITED
I think the price of them will go up immediately and it will be very high which may not have been before.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: