Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:34:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now?  (Read 1142 times)
Bonus777

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:22:49 PM

MyEtherWallet is still a safe wallet. The main thing is to adhere to security rules and not show your private key from your wallet anywhere. And then your coins will be safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:38:57 PM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

My ether wallet is a safe wallet. But you should be careful on your account. Avoid downloading or clicking suspicious links or websites. And be aware that some websites are phising sites dont give your information to them especially your password . Avoid airdrop too there are lot of scammer there you enter the link of your infos like email, passwords, name etc. You are the one who is responsible to your MEW so always be careful on clicking sites.
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:05:25 PM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

MyEtherWallet is always secure to use and it's widely used by most of the Crypto users today.
It is my very first Crypto Wallet because most of my Altcoins are ERC20 so I am only joining ERC20 smart contract altcoins so that I will only use a single wallet.
MyEtherWallet is safe to use when you are very careful on keeping your private keys.

CHILO20

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:09:15 PM

I have been using MEW ever since and i think it's safe, recently i have been reading the news and it still sounds fairly okay to me.
Link your Metamask with MEW to be safer, keep the QR and private key to yourself.
And of course as always, stay clean and don't do anything extra stupid/unsafe on the internet.
Use Vpn, Firewall/antivirus, malware/rootkit etc. etc.
Have a good day!
lolek_bolek

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:15:15 PM

of course its safe why wouldn't it be?
nothing has changed...
matsusomoto

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:16:20 PM

Of course it is,mew wallet is the most trusted and the most recommended wallet by the community and experts.This wallet can hold both ethereum and ethereum based tokens which is ERC20 tokens from these new ICOs,strongly recommended to use together your hardwallet so that it will give you piece of mind when you are asleep.

nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:20:03 PM

It's still safe if you keep your private key safe as well Smiley. Beside at the moment you can use meta mask to make your wallet safer. Otherwise there are a lot of fake MEW website so you should be careful when you use your private key to log into your wallet, remember to check the website address before you do it Smiley

cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:22:25 PM

Why it wouldnt be safe? it is the most recommended and the most commonly used by our community,experts are also using this wallet together with their hard wallets so that it will be more secured that any other wallet out there,make sure that you use metamask so that phishing sites wont have any chance to steal your private keys .
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:42:50 PM

It should be because it is the most trusted and recommended wallet for ethereum and erc20 based tokens,i have been using it for 2years without any problems,you should use it with a hardwallet so that you will have a hack proof wallet,always remember to use metamask extension in your broswser so that these hackers wont have any chance to steal your keys.

mrPix

Activity: 308
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:59:54 PM

Ultimately safe.
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:26:56 PM

I have been using myetherwallet for quite some time now and have used it yesterday for selling some coin that is getting dumped rapidly. Judging by how I haven't encountered any problems yet in using myetherwallet, I do not see any reason as to why I need to worry about it being unsafe to use. What's happening is not something that is very alarming, it is nothing but a healthy competition about who will be the best online ethereum wallet. So unless you are careless with your private keys and other security measures, you really have nothing to worry about and can sleep soundly tonight.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
shwetaji

Activity: 134

CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:46:57 AM

MEW is totally safe to use now. We can use MEW to put our tokens safe. MEW address should be right, then our tokens are safe.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com- SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS    ◆    [Join ICO Now]    ◆    Whitepaper / ANN Thread    ◆    TFSTL
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
spiderm4n15

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:53:20 AM

MyEtherWallet (MEW) is a 'Free, open-source, client-side interface for generating Ethereum wallets & more.'

To put it simply, MEW is a cryptocurrency wallet which supports Ethereum and all tokens that are built on Ethereum's blockchain - called ERC20 tokens. This is extremely helpful for the investor that has many cryptocurrencies and doesn't want hundreds of wallets for all of them.

Make sure you are on the correct website and write down your private key and only store it on an offline memory stick
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:54:45 AM

I guess so. There were glitches in the past related to myetherwallet but the developers behind the website are always quick to fix all of them. Actually, I have not gone through some very serious issues with MEW. I only went through a single concern when I used my MEW in connecting to etherdelta. I guess the problem was not with MEW but with etherdelta. So far, there is no other problem that I encountered with MEW.
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:01:10 AM

I do think its still safe, i got plenty coin in there and i do think to hold my coin in there rather than on exchange site. Mew got a good reputation so far so ill keep stick with it.

mdn2007

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:02:39 AM

ok MEW Safe to use. but before you yourself be careful in save your private key. let me be more secure and comfortable when we use MEW and always check his web original or phishing
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:05:28 AM

Provided you have not expose your private key to phishing site and you follow the advice and recommendation of MEW itself, you should be relatively safe. There is no absolute security, anything can be bridged! Practising safety procedures will however keep you safe.
mcconah

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:10:38 AM

I think it's safe but we still be careful. I connect MEW with metamask. I think it will reduce the risk

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:28:43 PM

I also still trust and use MEW. The main thing is to keep the private key safe, and each time you look at the address string of the wallet that you use, because scammers are everywhere.
Yeah, as long as the private keys are safe, then the OP should discard any worries. MEW has even always been safe for those who are using ledgers to make transactions since you do not have anything to do with your private key on the site, and I am sure if there is anything wrong with MEW itself, by now, someone would have raised a flag. I have done some transactions recently, and I had no problem.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:45:25 PM

Yes MEW (Myetherwallet) is still safe. As long as it does not know your private key, and you can not log in to a phishing site that MEW is still safe.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀