Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:19:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid auto-buy links, mainly locked or self moderated. Register before dealing  (Read 85205 times)
bolinao

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 07:19:40 PM

So I'm looking to buy giftcards, and I stumbled upon this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1674707.0
I was close to buying from him through discord, but decided to register on the forum to learn more.
He's got a -200 trust score and his reviewers also have negative trusts. Ain't this a red flag? Can a mod please confirm if he's a scam or not? This will save other newbies like myself.

Kind Regards

I would not buy from him with his neg score, the mods don't care if he is a scammer, they won't do anything about it, scammers are tolerated here, that's why there are so many.

Donate: 35o4ZzUNr1oEKYyhoBW8MgfgTWsrm5YLaw  thanks
bolinao

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:24:58 AM

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

letitbethere

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 05:31:48 PM

So, just lost $50 on this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1807733.0

My question is why do you guys even let this post stay here in forum.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3776

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 05:55:00 PM

Did you check the trust before buying? Your account is not new and it is easy to note the red Warning on his account.
Did you read the sticky thread in this section? This topic warns you of these deals.

Sorry for your loss but the forum tries to prevent these abuses, and since Possible (or real) scams and Trust ratings are not moderated (to prevent moderation abuse), prevention is better than cure.

More solutions may need to be added, such as preventing members of red trust or small ranks from posting Auto-Buy
 links.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 6424

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 01:39:09 AM

So, just lost $50 on this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1807733.0

The forum Moderators can't tell you who to trust and who not to trust, but the members here try to warn about scammers , you need to look at the user trust page, most of the time scammers have at least 1 negative tag. but a general rule on this forum is to always assume that whoever has a locked/self-moderated topic is scam by default, there are however a few legit sellers who make self-moderated topics to avoid spam, but that will be 1 in 100 at best case scenario.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bolinao

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 02:56:00 AM

and another

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5118213.0

bolinao

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:45:25 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5118885.0

gr8fuldea

Activity: 136
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 11:26:15 AM

And a "new" arrival to the game:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5122693.0
semifamou5

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 05:16:46 AM

Now why the hell would you leave these topics open?

Listen, obviously i'm a noob here -  but you need to understand a couple things, i'll own up to it being my fault but here's how I just fell for the first scam ever in my life.

- The missing 'reply' button doesn't stand out until you go to reply.

- The trust system isn't part of any other forum i've been a member of, so I don't even know to look for that.

So what you're basically doing is leaving up topics that have replies with good (fake) feedback on them - a noob like me sees that, and that it's been up for days.

Why would you not at least edit out the links from the OP?Huh

This is the STRANGEST moderation of scammers i've ever seen, leaving the links to purchase from them live on your forum under any circumstances.  I'm at a loss on who thought there was any need to preserve this info.

Thankfully only out $50 but still - shocked.
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1919
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:46:26 PM

Listen, obviously i'm a noob here -  but you need to understand a couple things, i'll own up to it being my fault but here's how I just fell for the first scam ever in my life.

- The trust system isn't part of any other forum i've been a member of, so I don't even know to look for that.

So what you're basically doing is leaving up topics that have replies with good (fake) feedback on them - a noob like me sees that, and that it's been up for days.

This is the STRANGEST moderation of scammers i've ever seen, leaving the links to purchase from them live on your forum under any circumstances.  I'm at a loss on who thought there was any need to preserve this info.

Thankfully

only out $50 but still - shocked.

It's not the "strangest" it is non-existent. Sadly, the owners of this forum do not moderate scams so the folks in this thread try to help.

No one here can do anything. Since you didn't post where or who scammed you which is strange, if indeed it happened to you we can't say to you "did you read his TRUST"?  You have been registered for 6 months so the scammers trust should be right there in red under their name unless he too is new. Sorry you lost $50.
bolinao

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 03:55:59 AM

Listen, obviously i'm a noob here -  but you need to understand a couple things, i'll own up to it being my fault but here's how I just fell for the first scam ever in my life.

This is the STRANGEST moderation of scammers i've ever seen, leaving the links to purchase from them live on your forum under any circumstances.  I'm at a loss on who thought there was any need to preserve this info.

Oh man these “not a scam” rants are hilarious to read now.

People tried warning you, but look how you behaved.

You all deserved it.

Pretty ironic that you laugh at others who have been scammed and tell them they deserve it, then get scammed yourself.  Grin

bolinao

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 03:59:44 AM

It seems mod Hilariousandco finally banned the YouTubeTV account.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5124209.0  (but not for scamming Cheesy )

Hilariousandco is pretty cool, he helped me about a year ago delete multiple scamming threads started by one of YouTubeTV's aliases.

TheBigPayBack

Activity: 38
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 08:59:47 AM

Great reading here. As a member here I will put my hard work in to get rid of these scammers. I was scammed by Skeptical One and YoutubeTV. I loss total of $90. I was stupid for sending money upfront but now it's times for the big pay back and put my best support to rid off the rest of these lowlife scammers. Alot of these scammers now are recognizing that locked threads are red flags for being labeled as a scammer so alot are not locking their threads now. I'll make sure to tag them and reply if I notice funny business.

I GET MONEY AND SO COULD YOU! RESELL MY GIFTCARDS
gr8fuldea

Activity: 136
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 02:14:44 PM

Great reading here. As a member here I will put my hard work in to get rid of these scammers. I was scammed by Skeptical One and YoutubeTV. I loss total of $90. I was stupid for sending money upfront but now it's times for the big pay back and put my best support to rid off the rest of these lowlife scammers. Alot of these scammers now are recognizing that locked threads are red flags for being labeled as a scammer so alot are not locking their threads now. I'll make sure to tag them and reply if I notice funny business.

They may not lock the threads but 90% of the time they self-moderate, it which is the same thing. Gives them control to remove any post in the thread they wish. So all that negative feedback disappears like it never existed.
semifamou5

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 11:40:09 AM

Oh man these “not a scam” rants are hilarious to read now.

People tried warning you, but look how you behaved.

You all deserved it.

Pretty ironic that you laugh at others who have been scammed and tell them they deserve it, then get scammed yourself.  Grin

Not really.  

Bitconnect being a scam was literally EVERYWHERE.  If it was mentioned it was followed by an argument over if it was a scam or not.

I fell for a scam post followed by 3 pages of (fake) replies all saying they successfully made a purchase from the scammer.

The ironic part is how you just posted an example of what I just said.
EcuaMobi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 02:30:02 PM

Not really.  

Bitconnect being a scam was literally EVERYWHERE.  If it was mentioned it was followed by an argument over if it was a scam or not.

I fell for a scam post followed by 3 pages of (fake) replies all saying they successfully made a purchase from the scammer.

The ironic part is how you just posted an example of what I just said.
Both cases can be argued to be "obvious" scams. But that doesn't meant anyone deserves to be scammed, not you and not them.
I totally agree much more should be made by this forum's admins to make things harder for scammers.
You could post here to add some pressure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3058480.0 It will be a good real life example.
bolinao

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:27:13 PM

For those who care just banned YouTubeTV is back:  http://archive.fo/PgVKh  or  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5124852.0

Bub bye - mods sent him packing.  Next alt?

I am surprised he got away with it for so long.

sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1919
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 12:25:33 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2019, 02:45:49 PM by sandy-is-fine

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5126176.0

Interesting website this "seller"  links to.  Googled this websites (severnadze dot com) supposed physical street address.  There are about 10 other websites with the same fake street address of "557-6308 Lacinia Road NYC" all pretty sleazy all all made with wordpress and a few say "bandwidth exceeded."  Malewarebytes blocks it as a phishing website. Obviously the street name doesn't even exist in NYC or anywhere in ny.   Least they could do was take 10 seconds to find a real fake address.  

Even better yet the fake phone number +639480718795  links to about 10 scammers here  including at least the following usernames: indpol1, AWSbhw, ne91K, ne92k. cpmzin, KentSupplier, bysmoith66, iliair110, Hagenuk1976, NutrichMass, SuWang91, hpot82. SoftW888, MinecraftKeys, SoftwareKeysXYZ, XYCHRIZZY who uses this and softwarekeys.xyz as a website and other crossposted details.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5121075.0

Google is always your friend.  Scammers aren't.
MiLkz

Activity: 617
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 02:02:35 PM

Here is one that could use a few more tags:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5120516.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2562244
claudiauit

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 07:44:56 PM

Can you tell me for what? Because you are false accusing me? You give me negative trust without doing any business with me. For that reason you get negative back from me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: