Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:02:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] batch #32 0.65 btc per Blade, 49-port HUBS .30 or less  (Read 55608 times)
gidi337

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:14:16 PM

i am sorry i had to write this here but i feel it needs to be resolved

i have tried my best to resolve it privately but canary will not do so and therefore i am forced to make it public

This thread is in regards to a scam accusation i have in my trust feedback.

it was made by canaryinthemine.  i may be wrong but i firmly believe it was a revenge attack on myself.  although it was left a while ago i only noticed it now due to the red line under my name Warning: Trade with extreme caution!  which i believe was due to a change in the trust system see here    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327573.0

I had bought a over 50 miners from him previously.  then came the day when voucher distribution was announced for 0.10 per miner plus 0.05 shipping and handling.  i paid him that day and provided all the necessary info that he asked me for.  i also immediately asked him for a shipping quote internationally and asked him if some of that 2.5btc (0.05 x 50) i am paying for shipping and handling could go towards my international postage which is fair.

i did not get a responce for a few days until i wrote in the forum that i had pmd him.  all i got was a short snappy answer recieved thanks. i had no mention of shipping prices.  it only takes him a minute to write to me a shipping quote and he would know what it was as he had sent thousands of parcels international before including my own previous one for the same weight.

then he announces that he is taking a nice holiday.  which meant he would only be back on tuesday 3 september 7 days after i had paid him.

i felt this was dishonest as i was losing a lot of money as i sell on ebay.  (even if i mined i was losing a lot).  i had paid him and i estimated a 3 day shipping and therefore did not purchase other miners to sell.  Little did i know that he was going to mess me around.  i felt that i had given him the btc and now he had no pressure on himself and he could do whatever he pleased.  I therefore left him negative feedback and clearly wrote that he ships orders but he is delaying mine which is causing me a loss and is not fair and honest. that was the only way i felt that perhaps i could get him to speed it up. the feedback details that i left i feel were  honest and correct. i was hoping he would rectify the matter similar to sveetsnelda and i could then proceed and remove the feedback. instead he just abruptly told me to have a nice life and am banned from doing business with him.

again as i believe he took a revenge attack and left me negative feedback stating i did a scam  and he wrote abused the feedback system.

according to my understanding i have not abused and what i wrote was correct it but i am only human and i may be wrong.  i have removed his bad feedback in any case.   But i do believe that his negative feedback is wrong for two reasons.  firstly the feedback says he risked 7.5btc which is incorrect as i was the one risking it.  a quote from the website
"Risked BTC amount is money that the person could have stolen or did steal. For example, if you do a currency trade where the other person sends first, your feedback for them would have 0 risked BTC and their feedback for you would have risked BTC equal to the BTC value of the trade."
secondly i have not done any scam and what is the point in the trust system if any time i feel i have been treated dishonestly the other party can just leave me negative feedback say i am misusing the trust feedback.
I have tried to resolve it peacefully with canary and even apologized to him for the issue but he is not relenting.

therefore i am posting this here.  please can anyone help me

you can see the pm's in this link (one link is the pm's i sent to him the other is pms he sent to me)
you may need to use the zoom in function at the bottom right of the image

http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/gdi449/media/canary2_zps98f04b84.png.html

http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/gdi449/media/canary1_zps9914da7e.png.html

you can see ..

where canary says he is going on holiday and will only be back september 03 tuesday

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279776.msg3039070#msg3039070

where canary says all who sent their funds and PMed info as requested before 4:30 AM this past Thursday got their shipments out

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279776.msg3045103#msg3045103

where people had similar issues to me dealing with canary

sveetsnelda   see here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277332.msg2982743#msg2982743

bitwhizz  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279776.msg3041475#msg3041475

a quote of the feedback i had left him.  (i removed it in order to try and peacefully resolve the issue)
"dear sir. i have sent payment to you on 27 august. i asked for shipping price to abroad as instructed in your pm. i have asked you for this numerous times. I only recieve 1-2 word answers and not related to this subject at all. i know you are busy and generally fulfill orders but why do you have to treat me like this. all it takes is two minutes to write me shipping price and it could have shipped with the rest of other peoples shipments. I am losing a lot because of this (for various reasons). I am at your mercy and it is not fair to delay expecially as you are saying you are now on holiday! Will i recieve any compensation for this. "

well you deleted  your trust so how can we judge if you are right or wrong?  

canary has been good with me  not perfect but at least a  9.5 out of 10.  In the world of BTC that is very good.
Frankly the USA sellers of am sticks  (canary, silent and crazy) have all been pretty good.  So I am inclined to think you may not win out here in the court of public opinion.

Lets put it another way  he has had under 10 more likely under 5 complaints on the threads…  He has sold to over 500 people     so  even if he was fully wrong with 5 people that puts him at 99 percent good.

thank you all

i have written a quote of the feedback i left him in the end of my post.  if you want to verify that it is correct you can ask canary.  i don't know how else to prove that it is correct.  i explained the reason i removed it first it was to try and resolve the issue privately with canary without any success.

i have never said that he doesn't deliver or is not 99percent good.  what i am saying is that he delayed my order after paying him without reason and that cost me a lot of money for nothing. so i left him the negative which was perfectly honest and i hoped that would push him to resolve the issue similar to sveetsnelda    .  you see on ebay when you sell if you mess someone around the buyer can open a case ect. but with bitcoin i am at the other persons mercy so that is the only thing i could do.

well you can decide for yourselves.  even if he has delivered a 1000 items it doesn't mean that he doesnt take the liberty to decide when he wants to do things.  on the forums people compare canary to bfl or yifu and in comparison he is 100 times better but in real world i have lost money through his delays.

the biggest proof is he has not even responded to one of my posts so this implies  the impression of .. i am so big i do not care about you.

listen i have over 950 feedback on ebay all 100 positive so if you feel i am a wrong i would not have that on ebay

regards

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gidi337

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:17:57 PM

His comments clarify his rating on you.

Canary is legit.

i have not ever said once he is not legitimate.  his rating is misusing trust system.  i have not done that.  he delayed the shipment for over a week for no reason and it cost me a lot of money.  that is exactly what i wrote and was hoping to remove it as soon as it was rectified see my previous posts.

in actual fact he wrote in his feedback risked 7.5btc which is false as he has never risked anything with me.  i paid him.  so if anything that is abuse of the trust system

gidi337

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:20:50 PM

His comments clarify his rating on you.

Canary is legit.

Agreed!  Never had any issues..... ive ordered many things... lots of packages!  Everything was sent faster than expected!  A+++++

i agree with you that many people never had issues. but as you see from my posts that other people have had see sveetsnelda

you did a hit job on me... that's the effect of your actions. 
I provided you with an explanation and refunded what you asked for.
You provided me with one/two liners until you eventually blew up and said I was "bullying you".  No, you didn't refund what I asked for.  You refunded what you felt was appropriate (which is more than what others in the group buy paid if they created their own label...  which didn't even exist in the thread when I made the purchase).

without stating exactly what you want, you left the feedback you did and I'm sure you are enjoying yourself... whatever.  what goes around comes around... I do not wish to communicate with you as I stated. enough already... go enjoy the fruits of your labor and leave me alone.
...without stating exactly what I want?  I stated it so many times and in so many different ways that you eventually made fun of me for being so verbose.  I couldn't have been more clear.  Here is a quote from one of my PMs:

This is how it appeared from my side, and I asked for clarification.  A return at this point doesn't solve anything.  A return means I pay even *more* money for the mistake of over-paying you.  Try to put yourself in my shoes and wonder if you'd be upset/confused and asking questions.

If you're still confused as to where this is going, I want you to either:

a.  convince me that I'm misunderstanding something and that I didn't actually pay more than your other customers in the same group buy (put your customer at ease about it)
b.  send back the rest of my coin that was overpaid.  Shipping didn't cost BTC0.5.  It was 1/3rd of that.

-Mike

I do not wish to communicate with you as I stated. enough already... go enjoy the fruits of your labor and leave me alone.
This basically sums up your attitude/behavior in most of your PMs, and it earned you a negative trust rating.  You took my extra coin, can't communicate, and refused to communicate.  If you're truly done with the situation, move on with it and quit telling your other customers that it was a "hit job".  If you make an inaccurate accusation toward me, I'm going to defend myself.

I've been on this forum for years, and I've witnessed plenty of fraud.  It's my duty as a buyer to report on my transactions -- both positive and negative.  Once again, if your transaction with him was smooth -- great.  Post it.  If someone does something that makes me not trust them, I'll post it as well.

and the other fellow i mentioned. i was one of those that did have issues and am still having an issue which you can see.  i am perfectly happy to delete all these posts if he rectifies the unjust situation.

regards

hayseed

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:35:37 PM

I am also having issues with a 49 port hub on Mac OS X. Both 10.7 and 10.9 on two different computers.

I am waiting on another PS to make sure it is not causing problems. I doubt it though as it was bought new (5v 38amp) and I do have two fans running  on the 12v rails.

Have swapped out usb cables and moving miners around from 49hub to regular anker hub to narrow down problems.
pjviitas

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:46:02 PM

I am also having issues with a 49 port hub on Mac OS X. Both 10.7 and 10.9 on two different computers.

I am waiting on another PS to make sure it is not causing problems. I doubt it though as it was bought new (5v 38amp) and I do have two fans running  on the 12v rails.

Have swapped out usb cables and moving miners around from 49hub to regular anker hub to narrow down problems.

What kind of problems?
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:52:31 PM

Gidi,
Take a clue.  I have no intentions of changing my opinion about you.  You are shady and a selectively misrepresentative person.  I would not do any business with you and cant recommend anyone else to do business with you.  Your postings are pretty much stalking at this point.  You should stop.  I have no problems asking mods to step in if you continue harassing me.  I have nothing else to talk about with you, I've discussed everything with you.  Your antics further solidified my opinion of you when I took a few days to make sure emotions were not involved.  This post is more for others since you keep insinuating that the feedback isn't valid.  It is valid and it stays.

I'm in the default trust of the forums now and I do watch out.  Some feedbacks can be resolved and some can not.
hayseed

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:57:42 PM

What kind of problems?

Client being used is bitminter. Have to scan ports multiple times to get most recognized. Can never get all to run. Even when dropped miners down to 30 on 49 port hub. Some will not mine unless moved around etc.

I also can not run an anker hub plugged into same computer as 49 port hub as same issues will affect the anker where some will just not be recognized and or fail during mining.

moved anker to another computer. it works perfectly. move 49 hub to that computer issues again.

also having some miners with issues which I am trying to sort out by rotating them through anker on other computer to find the dead or fringe ones.

I suspect it is the way the hubs are cascaded on the 49 port hub. on OSX I can see the hierarchy of how they are recognized. I also suspect noise issues on the 49 port hub.

All of my equipment gets clean power from online UPS/AVR

== Added

I have been in touch with the seller and he will make good as needed. The techie in me just wants to sort out the issue's so I know as close to 100% what is causing it. Just not enough free time.

CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:00:54 PM

Make sure that that 38A rating on 5V rail is actually delivering... Several folks (philma and bitterdog from the top of my head, please correct me if I'm wrong) have tested a few PSUs that claim high amperage but fail to deliver.  That's the first thing to rule out...
hayseed

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:10:26 PM

Make sure that that 38A rating on 5V rail is actually delivering... Several folks (philma and bitterdog from the top of my head, please correct me if I'm wrong) have tested a few PSUs that claim high amperage but fail to deliver.  That's the first thing to rule out...

That was the first thing I suspected. But I reduced down to just two rows of 7 (14) and had same issues. Waiting for my good fluke I loaned out to be returned to monitor voltage and also ordered a usb current/volt monitor.

The other thing is the normally solid anker when plugged into same computer as 49 port hub developed same issue's.

When I first started mining with just 6 miners I had ordered cheap usb hub. had all kinds of problems. bought the highly suggested anker and all problems went away.
hayseed

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:26:35 PM

on 49 port hub I notice it is laid out:

main usb chip (star)
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports

Anker is laid out

hub (daisy chained)
 + 3 ports
 +hub
    + 3 ports
    +hub
      + 3 ports

What this means (shrug). Just noticed the difference.

== added

I suspect anker did their layout to allow a pause for each hub to sync before the next one.

With the 49 port laid out the way it is, all 7 sub hubs try to sync at once and cause timing issues.

(Note I am not a chip design/board layout artist nor do I play one on tv)

gidi337

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:43:02 PM

Gidi,
Take a clue.  I have no intentions of changing my opinion about you.  You are shady and a selectively misrepresentative person.  I would not do any business with you and cant recommend anyone else to do business with you.  Your postings are pretty much stalking at this point.  You should stop.  I have no problems asking mods to step in if you continue harassing me.  I have nothing else to talk about with you, I've discussed everything with you.  Your antics further solidified my opinion of you when I took a few days to make sure emotions were not involved.  This post is more for others since you keep insinuating that the feedback isn't valid.  It is valid and it stays.

I'm in the default trust of the forums now and I do watch out.  Some feedbacks can be resolved and some can not.

hi there.  regarding what you accuse me of please speak clearly for everyone to see.  you have written shady and a selectively misrepresentative person  i have not misrepresented anything i have written everything as it happened.  if you feel that something has been misrepresented let me know what it is. i have written the exact feedback i left you and why it was left and that you delayed my order over 7 days and cost me a lot of money.

Your antics further solidified my opinion of you when I took a few days to make sure emotions were not involved  i cannot understand this line.

It is valid and it stays  the feedback is not valid as firstly it states that you risked 7.5btc which is incorrect and secondly the purpose of the feedback is for when there is a scam or something which is dishonest such as long delays for no valid reason.  just doing a revenge feedback when you are in trusted showes the system is flawed.

i can post all the pm's here for everyone to see that what i am saying is totally honest or you can see them in the links above.  justice needs to be done

regards

CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:48:25 PM

on 49 port hub I notice it is laid out:

main usb chip (star)
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports
+sub usb
   +7 ports

Anker is laid out

hub (daisy chained)
 + 3 ports
 +hub
    + 3 ports
    +hub
      + 3 ports

What this means (shrug). Just noticed the difference.

== added

I suspect anker did their layout to allow a pause for each hub to sync before the next one.

With the 49 port laid out the way it is, all 7 sub hubs try to sync at once and cause timing issues.

(Note I am not a chip design/board layout artist nor do I play one on tv)

It's definitely something with syncing.  Other 49 port hubs have similar behavior on some systems too.  I've also noticed that on freshly installed systems the 49 port hubs behave cleanly.  On a system where I had, over time, connected and disconnected all kinds of USB hubs and devices, it slows down significantly and doesn't behave well...
pjviitas

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:29:21 PM

What kind of problems?

Client being used is bitminter. Have to scan ports multiple times to get most recognized. Can never get all to run. Even when dropped miners down to 30 on 49 port hub. Some will not mine unless moved around etc.

I also can not run an anker hub plugged into same computer as 49 port hub as same issues will affect the anker where some will just not be recognized and or fail during mining.

moved anker to another computer. it works perfectly. move 49 hub to that computer issues again.

also having some miners with issues which I am trying to sort out by rotating them through anker on other computer to find the dead or fringe ones.

I suspect it is the way the hubs are cascaded on the 49 port hub. on OSX I can see the hierarchy of how they are recognized. I also suspect noise issues on the 49 port hub.

All of my equipment gets clean power from online UPS/AVR

== Added

I have been in touch with the seller and he will make good as needed. The techie in me just wants to sort out the issue's so I know as close to 100% what is causing it. Just not enough free time.

Sounds like you have a number of problems.

Troubleshooting tips as follows:
1. Test your hardware in this order BE sticks first, usb hubs second, computer hardware third and driver & miner software last
2. When testing BE sticks its not enough to see if they are recognized by the computer, they actually need to be mining before they are proved good
3. When testing usb hubs plug it in empty first then start plugging BE sticks in one by one.  Again, its not enough that the sticks are recognized...they need to be mining to show that they are working right
4. There is a myriad of hardware configurations on computers when it comes to usb ports.  The number of levels of daisy chaining is just one example of how the usb hardware setup can be different between one computer and another.
5. Lastly there is the driver & miner software.  Of course keeping up with the latest versions is always a good idea but I have seen different behavior between versions.  The hot-swapping on the latest version of cgminer for example will pick up say 30 of my BE sticks and hot-swap in the last 20 over the course of up to 2-3 minutes and be completely stable after that.

Hope this helps.

Hedghog
helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:23:16 PM

As far as power supply goes, I am using an old Sparkle FSP300 Pentium 4 unit I had in a spares box at work.

It claims 30A 5V and FULLY lives up to is.  Measured with a Mulitmeter it shows 5.01V.  This is while mining too. Cheesy

Might be cheaper somewhere else but...

http://www.amazon.com/Sparkle-Power-FSP300-60PLN-Supply-150x140x86mm/dp/B000J1AV1S

Been running two fully loaded hubs off of these supplies for over two weeks.  They don't even get warm!
RBCastro

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:24:46 PM

The hubs have arrived.  ready to ship out.  They are approximately 10x6 inches in size.  definitely made so that you could stack them and create very interesting "rigs", but to stack them you'll need to visit a local RadioShack etc... to get necessary parts.

one order of 50 USBs + a Hub fits into a Medium Flat Rate box.  Or it fits a Region B box if that is cheaper for you (weight: about 4 pounds).  

for those with multiple batches of 50, I'd have to work with you on the label requirements, so please PM me (ofcourse if you don't want to bother, you can just email a medium box label for each block of 50 USBs + hub).

Start with this:

Next add some USB miners:

I used this PSU which I picked up at a local Frys under $50: ( 30A on 5V ATX)

Connected and all 49 powered up! :

And we're hashing:

Where can I find this 24 pin PSU?
pjviitas

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:49:07 PM

The hubs have arrived.  ready to ship out.  They are approximately 10x6 inches in size.  definitely made so that you could stack them and create very interesting "rigs", but to stack them you'll need to visit a local RadioShack etc... to get necessary parts.

one order of 50 USBs + a Hub fits into a Medium Flat Rate box.  Or it fits a Region B box if that is cheaper for you (weight: about 4 pounds).  

for those with multiple batches of 50, I'd have to work with you on the label requirements, so please PM me (ofcourse if you don't want to bother, you can just email a medium box label for each block of 50 USBs + hub).

Start with this:

Next add some USB miners:

I used this PSU which I picked up at a local Frys under $50: ( 30A on 5V ATX)

Connected and all 49 powered up! :

And we're hashing:

Where can I find this 24 pin PSU?

Any old 5V 30A PSU will do...5mins of searching on the internets should yield something.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:52:45 PM

As long as the PSU is delivering all 23 amps without an issue on the 5 v ATX, it should work.
Plenty do not work even with the 30a printed rating.
hayseed

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:35:04 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 03:45:24 AM by hayseed

I am waiting on another PS to make sure it is not causing problems. I doubt it though as it was bought new (5v 38amp) and I do have two fans running  on the 12v rails.

I narrowed it down to the power supply not putting out enough 5v amps. Even though it was rated for 5v 38A !!!!

Some of the confusion was that on them mac at least using an anker hub at same time as the 49 port caused issues. Once I moved the anker off then reduced the amount of miners down to 35 no problems. I even walked them around the ports to be sure that ports were not bad.

While one of the first things I tried was reducing miners down to just 7, the anker was still attached and causing issue. Brain fart and violated first rule of trouble shooting. Change only 1 variable at a time.

So I guess PS labels are like clothing tags. Sort of semi accurate not. Gotta love that labels don't mean sh*t!!!
pjviitas

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:55:23 AM

I am waiting on another PS to make sure it is not causing problems. I doubt it though as it was bought new (5v 38amp) and I do have two fans running  on the 12v rails.

I narrowed it down to the power supply not putting out enough 5v amps. Even though it was rated for 5v 38A !!!!

Some of the confusion was that on them mac at least using an anker hub at same time as the 49 port caused issues. Once I moved the anker off then reduced the amount of miners down to 35 no problems. I even walked them around the ports to be sure that ports were not bad.

While one of the first things I tried was reducing miners down to just 7, the anker was still attached and causing issue. Brain fart and violated first rule of trouble shooting. Change only 1 variable at a time.

So I guess PS labels are like clothing tags. Sort of semi accurate not. Gotta love that labels don't mean sh*t!!!

What make of PSU?
hayseed

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:39:59 AM

What make of PSU?

Logisys Corp. 550W 120mm Ball Bearing Fan with PSU ATX 550

PSU provides up to 38 amps on the +5V rail and up to 25 amps on the +12V rail. Fits 20- and 24-pin ATX motherboards.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MU8VCS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: