Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:41:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin As a subject in school  (Read 1490 times)
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:25:28 AM

That would be a great idea if ever. At young age they could earn money to support their own needs in school. And at young age they know the reality about cryto currency world. If ever it's happen there are many student will enroll that subject.
This will be best step taken by any institute to get their children in field so that they can familiar with bitcoins and other crypts at such low level. Once they would gain enough knowledge about crypts then surely they can lessen the burden of finances from their parents. They themselves would have enough skills to earn and grasp handsome money pay their own fees.
Btcjunpitz18

Activity: 160
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:46:14 AM
Merited by Ekimzjames20 (2)

In my opinion, it is not necessary to add subject like bitcoin because if you are interested about btc you can learned through searching in youtube, btc forum, ebooks, google search and etc. If subject like this will be added students will take for granted the other subjects because their focus will be in btc. Anyway some subject taught already in our school about finance, economics and investment.
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:01:43 AM

Bitcoin as a subject. Are you serious about it.
Then Bank is your piggy bank. father as the richest person and mother as your financial advisor.
But the most required thing, You as a great learner.
Bitcoin has lots of opportunity. but make sure you are up-to that mark. You have to be very decisive.
If you are not good, even you have the courage to learn it or embrace it.
All the best!
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:05:29 PM

How about if there's a subject added in school
For crypto trading?
I think if this will happen that bitcoin will become as a subject in school many students will be aware about in bitcoin.Also if they will know already they can have their own source of income even if they are just a student. It can help many student to sustain their personal needs especially in financial because they earn from bitcoin.
andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:08:39 PM

For crypto trading?

I think that is good idea. But if added as subject on school, its much better if not bitcoin but blockchain. By studying blockchain, student can understand more about bitcoin and other altcoin
Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:13:59 PM

If bitcoin will be added as one of the subject in school well I guess in no time there will be bitcoin course too because as the students and young generations exposed in the world of bitcoin they will get more interest on it and also in other cryptocurrencies most specially when they will took part in investments and tradings but on the other hand if this will be added then there's a possibility that they will tend to lose their interest in their major subjects.
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:20:34 PM

In my opinion, it is not necessary to add subject like bitcoin because if you are interested about btc you can learned through searching in youtube, btc forum, ebooks, google search and etc. If subject like this will be added students will take for granted the other subjects because their focus will be in btc. Anyway some subject taught already in our school about finance, economics and investment.

You raised some good points here. Here is  my opinion about this:

1) Regarding people learning about bitcoins from sources like YouTube or blogs, you are right about this. Something like finance and accounts can be learned only with self interest. This has real life application and thus any interested person will himself find the ways to learn about it.

2) Regarding students ignoring other subjects, this might not be true. We all have some favorite subjects but that does not mean that we ignore other subjects. We are still aware of the fact that we have to pass all subjects so as to qualify for next class.
zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:33:44 PM

For crypto trading?

I think that is good idea. But if added as subject on school, its much better if not bitcoin but blockchain. By studying blockchain, student can understand more about bitcoin and other altcoin
I agree. Bitcoin is too narrow. If there will ever be a subject about cryptocurrencies, it should be called Blockchain technology. But this is more appropriate for Computer Science high schools or faculties, not general grammar schools and primary schools.
lesinset

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:39:14 PM

Actually, our school is starting to adopt the cryptocurrency idea. We're now diving into the topic and exploring it more. But, it doesn't have it's own subject yet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
U20

Activity: 546
Merit: 103

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:41:47 PM

I think this is a great idea. I know that there have been studies about cyrptocurrency in the universities, as academically. but they are inadequate. I hope we are aware of this issue.

Asuka

Activity: 115

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:44:14 PM

You have a point, if they want to learn about in CryptoCurrency or bitcoin they can do a research from Google, YouTube and any social media to have knowledge about that. If CryptoCurrency added as a subject in school there possibility the students focusing on Bitcoin.
plaintiff77

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:47:51 PM

I dont think it will happen because bitcoin is not advisable to students due to the reason that they might use it in a bad way even though they will have a knowledge on what bitcoin is.They might use it in gambling or other illegal transactions.They are just minors and I think it is not fit for them to learn crpyto in their young age.
Karie_Legend

Activity: 514

●●

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:48:36 PM

It would be great if cryptocurrencies and blockchain tech be added to subjects in school. This will make kids aware of how the tech works and its implications in modern day society. Obviously, wider adaption will be the side effect.

It is very useful for students to know how great the technology at this time. This is a great move to expand Bitcoin known to everyone in the world.
belford11

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:49:57 PM

it is very important for children to give knowledge on financial literacy, because this is their future! I picked out the news already have crypto - kindergartens!
vergel24official

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:55:53 PM

May be not a subject but they can give a lesson about what really a bitcoin is and because we are in digital age. Having an awareness about PROS and CONS about bitcoin is important because bitcoin is a digital money and maybe  in future it will be the number one currency in the world and by having the knowledge about bitcoin people will be able to use it wisely.
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:58:17 PM

bitcoin subject to school?!

we're at the very early stage of development of cryptocurrency. A lot of people still in doubt how it fares in the future, so basically it's the grown up that need first to learn and know blockchain and cryptocurrency and how it will make the future better. I think what the children need to learn first is financial literacy and not just cryptocurrency. In that way, they will be able to give importance to the value of money and how to grow it.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
Asawakobana2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:02:29 PM

It is a good idea to put bitcoin as a subject in school. And in my opinion mostly young people gonna binifits on it. They can easily adapt on this kind of environment because on this era are now the best thing to learn about bitcoin or in digital currency world. So that they are knowledgeable enough if they now encountered bitcoin.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:06:43 PM

For crypto trading?
This is really very good idea. In future the person do not know about Bitcoin or Crypto will be called illiterate. So Bitcoin as a subject in school will be good.

I will support this idea because its good improve in school if they can learn about bitcoin.
But i dont agree if the students under 18 years old study about bitcoin because i think they are not ready yet.
mr.bean865

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:14:57 PM

That will not be a bad idea but bitcoin is something that needs to be learn practically not theoretically.
Instead of dding it as a subject, if school arranges a seminar per week over bitcoin in which students learn how to use, invest, trade and sale bitcoin that would be much better.
jamesscorpin88

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:29:30 PM

Though the idea is good, then not will good for the School students, as a subjet; I do believe. The mind of our school students is very soft. If they are taught Bitcoin,  then there is a possibility to incur themselves into business. Resulting that study will hamper. In liew of Bitcoin, online business may be good as their textbook subject.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: