Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:57:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone hacked my wallet.  (Read 6697 times)
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 12:48:12 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 01:04:07 PM by sublime5447

Oh all i need to do is go get a second computer? Is that all? Get real.

I know i am being a bit of a dick here, but every time I see someone getting robbed it is their fault. There is nothing wrong with the system no changes need to be implemented there is nothing to fix because the problem isnt the way that it works but my ignorance or my behavior.

What do you have against learning? It's one of the greatest joys in life. It enables you to do shit.

If you go on demanding that the world change to suit your current level of understanding or lack thereof, it's going to be pure butthurt from here on out.

Nothing I love learning, but about the things that I value. There are other people to learn about the things that do not interest me  

First of all, I'm sorry for what happened.  That sucks, and it was not your fault you had bitcoins stolen from you.  But, there are three parties involved here, and each has their own responsibilities.  The thief is responsible for the theft, blockchain.info is responsible for its website, and you are responsible for management of your funds and whom you entrust them to.

Second, how long did you say you were using bitcoins for?  Why did you use them?  It seems you value(d) them, hence this thread.  So, it's confusing to me why you never learned about Bitcoin, a part of which involves learning how to manage your funds.  Your self-disclosed lack of knowledge indicates to me that you relied on blockchain.info because you didn't even trust yourself to know what you were doing.

Third, blockchain.info is not the "standard bearer" of Bitcoin.  What were you even trying to say in suggesting that?

Fourth, blaming bitcoins themselves is just a logic fail.  You might as well just blame the Internet as a whole because it had about as much to do with this heist as bitcoins did.  Or, blame computers.  You could commit to never using a computer ever again until the "tech guys" figure out how to make a computer that is invincible to all cyber attacks.

1. I understand how the system works and I know my blockchain wallet wasnt super secure. but I created a strong password. Like I said I wasnt to worried about it because I dont use it for storage in fact I never had any use for bitcoin as savings it is a currency and currencies are a poor way to store wealth.  

2 I have been involved for a little over a year, I sold coins for paypal on ebay (at first) and facebook (cant say the other uses), I didnt rely on blockchain I know that no site is safe. I valued (past tense) because I thought that it had potential to help defund the government

3. I mean they are the face of bitcoin, they set the price for the most part. ( I mean the market sets the price) but the market is the SR and they use blockchain.info pricing

4. Bitcoin is flawed IMO. This theft is not why I am quieting. The main reason to post was to get the address used to steal out on the internet as linked to a thief. That way if someone searches it they will know that they would be buying stolen coins and to warn others not to deal with the person associated with that address. The problem with bitcoin is that it can not bridge the gap between the conventional banking system and its self. It should have been introduced with a feedback mechanism built in and the option to transact out in the open and anonymously. Those things are having to be built now and it is gonna take a very long time. Until people can use bitcoin as quickly and easily as a debit card it will remain irrelevant.        

It works well for illicit purpose as long as there is a feedback mechanism, but will not have wide spread adoption. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 12:56:51 PM

I strongly suggest you download install and run this. 

http://www.safer-networking.org/mirrors16/

Sounds like a hassle. Someone else can worry about it. It is their job to protect my accounts if someone steals it is their job to get the money back to me. I am a user it is for tech nerds to prevent this shit from happening. I dont care and I shouldnt have to care. I hate tech shit this is my dads company http://www.norlinx.com/ he is a computer engineer that writes software to manage data centers. He tortured me with programming when I was a kid. I dont like it and couldnt care less about it. I am a user i dont care about the details. I put my efforts in other places.   

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

It truly is priceless to me not to have to care about the details, It either works or it doesnt and I dont care why in regards to programming and web services.

My interest lie in other areas of life.

Just like when I did automotive work the customers didnt know shit about it and didnt want to know shit about it. That was my job.

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 02:11:51 PM

Any of this look like the problem?

--- Search result list ---
CouponBar: [SBI $EFE6495E] Class ID (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C}

CouponBar: [SBI $CB95FB49] Class ID (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{A85A5E6A-DE2C-4F4E-99DC-F469DF5A0EEC}

CouponBar: [SBI $CB95FB49] Class ID (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{A85A5E6A-DE2C-4F4E-99DC-F469DF5A0EEC}

CouponBar: [SBI $51FE8B2E] Root class (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\cpbrkpie.Coupon6Ctrl.1

CouponBar: [SBI $51FE8B2E] Class ID (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C}

CouponBar: [SBI $51FE8B2E] Root class (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\cpbrkpie.Coupon6Ctrl.1

CouponBar: [SBI $7A5ACBCB] Interface (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{6E780F0B-BCD6-40CB-B2DB-7AF47AB4D4A4}

CouponBar: [SBI $7A5ACBCB] Interface (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{6E780F0B-BCD6-40CB-B2DB-7AF47AB4D4A4}

CouponBar: [SBI $7B15781E] Interface (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{A138BE8B-F051-4802-9A3F-A750A6D862D4}

CouponBar: [SBI $7B15781E] Interface (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{A138BE8B-F051-4802-9A3F-A750A6D862D4}

CouponBar: [SBI $E3788A7B] Type library (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{87255C51-CD7D-4506-B9AD-97606DAF53F3}

CouponBar: [SBI $E3788A7B] Type library (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{87255C51-CD7D-4506-B9AD-97606DAF53F3}

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $62C73F03] Program directory (Directory, nothing done)
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Ask.com\

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $EBE53777] Settings (Registry value, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{9B0CB95C-933A-4B8C-B6D4-EDCD19A43874}\

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $EBE53777] Settings (Registry value, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{9B0CB95C-933A-4B8C-B6D4-EDCD19A43874}\

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $79D146BB] Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\GenericAskToolbar.DLL

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $79D146BB] Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\GenericAskToolbar.DLL

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $0907DD9E] Settings (Registry value, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\GenericAskToolbar.DLL\AppID

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $0907DD9E] Settings (Registry value, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\GenericAskToolbar.DLL\AppID

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $115DC360] User settings (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-92017458-1332265864-186628869-1000\Software\Ask.com

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $0D694C0E] Settings (Registry value, nothing done)
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\Ask.com\

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $AEAA4F26] Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-6E41-4FD3-8538-502F5495E5FC}

Ask.MyGlobalSearch: [SBI $FF43E383] User settings (Registry value, nothing done)
  HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-92017458-1332265864-186628869-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\{00000000-6E41-4FD3-8538-502F5495E5FC}

DoubleClick: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: againes) (Cookie, nothing done)

MediaPlex: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: againes) (Cookie, nothing done)

Right Media: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: againes) (Cookie, nothing done)

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 02:45:13 PM

Oh all i need to do is go get a second computer? Is that all? Get real.

I know i am being a bit of a dick here, but every time I see someone getting robbed it is their fault. There is nothing wrong with the system no changes need to be implemented there is nothing to fix because the problem isnt the way that it works but my ignorance or my behavior.

What do you have against learning? It's one of the greatest joys in life. It enables you to do shit.

If you go on demanding that the world change to suit your current level of understanding or lack thereof, it's going to be pure butthurt from here on out.

Nothing I love learning, but about the things that I value. There are other people to learn about the things that do not interest me  

First of all, I'm sorry for what happened.  That sucks, and it was not your fault you had bitcoins stolen from you.  But, there are three parties involved here, and each has their own responsibilities.  The thief is responsible for the theft, blockchain.info is responsible for its website, and you are responsible for management of your funds and whom you entrust them to.

Second, how long did you say you were using bitcoins for?  Why did you use them?  It seems you value(d) them, hence this thread.  So, it's confusing to me why you never learned about Bitcoin, a part of which involves learning how to manage your funds.  Your self-disclosed lack of knowledge indicates to me that you relied on blockchain.info because you didn't even trust yourself to know what you were doing.

Third, blockchain.info is not the "standard bearer" of Bitcoin.  What were you even trying to say in suggesting that?

Fourth, blaming bitcoins themselves is just a logic fail.  You might as well just blame the Internet as a whole because it had about as much to do with this heist as bitcoins did.  Or, blame computers.  You could commit to never using a computer ever again until the "tech guys" figure out how to make a computer that is invincible to all cyber attacks.

1. I understand how the system works and I know my blockchain wallet wasnt super secure. but I created a strong password. Like I said I wasnt to worried about it because I dont use it for storage in fact I never had any use for bitcoin as savings it is a currency and currencies are a poor way to store wealth.  

2 I have been involved for a little over a year, I sold coins for paypal on ebay (at first) and facebook (cant say the other uses), I didnt rely on blockchain I know that no site is safe. I valued (past tense) because I thought that it had potential to help defund the government

3. I mean they are the face of bitcoin, they set the price for the most part. ( I mean the market sets the price) but the market is the SR and they use blockchain.info pricing

4. Bitcoin is flawed IMO. This theft is not why I am quieting. The main reason to post was to get the address used to steal out on the internet as linked to a thief. That way if someone searches it they will know that they would be buying stolen coins and to warn others not to deal with the person associated with that address. The problem with bitcoin is that it can not bridge the gap between the conventional banking system and its self. It should have been introduced with a feedback mechanism built in and the option to transact out in the open and anonymously. Those things are having to be built now and it is gonna take a very long time. Until people can use bitcoin as quickly and easily as a debit card it will remain irrelevant.        

It works well for illicit purpose as long as there is a feedback mechanism, but will not have wide spread adoption. 

No, they don't set the price whatsoever.  Blockchain.info isn't even an exchange, and if you click "markets" on Blockchain.info you will see that they simply track Bitstamp's API to reflect the current price.  Saying SR "use(s) blockchain.info pricing" is inaccurate, because whose pricing does blockchain.info follow? 

The SR isn't the market either.  SR is about as much of an exchange as this forum is, and I can tell you first hand that the market is way bigger than either SR or this forum.

As far as stating that there is some "flaw" with Bitcoin as a result of its "gap" between its self and the conventional banking system, I think you're just letting your recent, bad, personal experience influence your reasoning at this point.  Bitcoin was specifically designed to BE radically different from the conventional banking system, i.e. the gap is entirely intentional.  You do get this, right?  There is a differential gap between Bitcoin and the banking system because Bitcoin was intended to be, well, different.  There are also many "feedback mechanisms" already built into Bitcoin, and as a currency its been used for years to transact out in the open (I've done it many times, and on this very forum).  There are many people who use Bitcoin without transferring in and out of fiat, such as miners who directly use their earnings to purchase goods and services. 

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:24:04 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 08:32:54 PM by sublime5447

My mistake I used poor wording. You are correct, my point is the only real market in bitcoin is the silkroad and they use blockchain price which happens to reflect bitstamp price for now it was mt gox.

So the only real market place with any volume at all uses blockchain.info's price. It is the face of bitcoin.

"transact out in the open" transparent as in with your real world identity associated with it.

"There are also many "feedback mechanisms""  I should be able to rate an address. If people could rate addresses then when some one stole you would know it.
I had a guy a couple weeks ago steal on otc and sell to me here. I do not like buying stolen coins.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 06:56:24 PM

Every time I deal with tech guys I tell them what I want to do and they tell me why it cant happen. Like I want 2 cell phones with the same number and the guys at best buy just want to tell me why it cant happen.

Your solution and the typical answers around here are always such bullshit. I say what I want and you tell me that i need to have 2 separate computers. That is not an acceptable answer. It is always that i should switch around my behavior to accommodate the system.

For some reason the cell-phone example bugs me. There are sound technical reasons cellphones can't share a phone-number. It sounds like you want the phones to work like the extension lines at your home. This is possible, but you won't like the hoops you have to jump though to get there.

The phone number is used for call routing. If you insist on using the same number for two different phones, you will need to set up out-of-band call routing. The phone companies will likely insist on assigning numbers to those phones regardless (otherwise it will not work, unless you find wifi). What you can do is set up a VOIP gateway at your home and have a VOIP client on your cell-phones. You would then have the VOIP software ring your phone whenever somebody calls your home phone. I have not tried this myself yet; it is possible that cell-phone providers block VOIP. If somebody wants to call your VOIP cell from home, they would need to use a VOIP phone since you refuse to use the assigned phone-number.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:23:06 PM

Every time I deal with tech guys I tell them what I want to do and they tell me why it cant happen. Like I want 2 cell phones with the same number and the guys at best buy just want to tell me why it cant happen.

Your solution and the typical answers around here are always such bullshit. I say what I want and you tell me that i need to have 2 separate computers. That is not an acceptable answer. It is always that i should switch around my behavior to accommodate the system.

For some reason the cell-phone example bugs me. There are sound technical reasons cellphones can't share a phone-number. It sounds like you want the phones to work like the extension lines at your home. This is possible, but you won't like the hoops you have to jump though to get there.

The phone number is used for call routing. If you insist on using the same number for two different phones, you will need to set up out-of-band call routing. The phone companies will likely insist on assigning numbers to those phones regardless (otherwise it will not work, unless you find wifi). What you can do is set up a VOIP gateway at your home and have a VOIP client on your cell-phones. You would then have the VOIP software ring your phone whenever somebody calls your home phone. I have not tried this myself yet; it is possible that cell-phone providers block VOIP. If somebody wants to call your VOIP cell from home, they would need to use a VOIP phone since you refuse to use the assigned phone-number.

It is ridiculous how long have cell phones been around? I want a phone for the shop and a phone for the house. You would think I ask to put a man on the moon. I know it can be done. I dont want to hear the stupid ass excuses for why it cant happen that is garbage.

I would love it if my wife and I both had phones with the same number, I cant be the only one.  

Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 08:45:25 PM

It is ridiculous how long have cell phones been around? I want a phone for the shop and a phone for the house. You would think I ask to put a man on the moon. I know it can be done. I dont want to hear the stupid ass excuses for why it cant happen that is garbage.

I would love it if my wife and I both had phones with the same number, I cant be the only one.   

Google Voice can do this, but setting it up is somewhat complicated.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:57:50 PM

Either of you guys see any thing that looks like a key logger a few post up? 

Google is a good

Cell phone Companies have been rapping us all for a long time. I personally think they want to force people to have 2 plans and 2 bills. I dont need two bills just 2 phones, i could add as many lines as I wanted when we were hard wired.   
dyingdreams

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:53:40 PM

My mistake I used poor wording. You are correct, my point is the only real market in bitcoin is the silkroad and they use blockchain price which happens to reflect bitstamp price for now it was mt gox.

So the only real market place with any volume at all uses blockchain.info's price. It is the face of bitcoin.

"transact out in the open" transparent as in with your real world identity associated with it.

"There are also many "feedback mechanisms""  I should be able to rate an address. If people could rate addresses then when some one stole you would know it.
I had a guy a couple weeks ago steal on otc and sell to me here. I do not like buying stolen coins.

I wouldn't say poor, more like confusing. You keep saying market, which most people would assume to mean a bitcoin exchange (see: http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/). However you seem to be using the word to refer to "markets" that accept bitcoin, of which you are correct in that SilkRoad is probably the largest in terms of volume. However Bitmit is also quite large, and they offer several price options for a seller to use when listing items in USD: Bitstamp, Mt.Gox (24-hr and last), and something they call bitcoinaverage which I assume to be a composite figure.

Furthermore, Blockchain.info seems to use the Mt.Gox weighted average, so saying that SilkRoad uses the Blockchain.info price, which in turn uses the Mt.Gox weighted average is a misrepresentation of the facts, even if for some reason SilkRoad actually retrieves their price from the Blockchain.info site.

Bottom line is, you're giving Blockchain.info far too much credit, and by extension too much culpability.

I've never had any dealings with you before, but from what I can tell you seem to be a valued member of the bitcoin community (or at least the bitcointalk.com community), and provide a beneficial service. I realize such a loss can be greatly discouraging, but don't let it drive you away from bitcoin as a whole. From what you have learned if this thread you should be able to prevent this from happening again if you decided to stick with it.

As for the list you posted, all of those items look disconcerting, with the exception of maybe the Ask Toolbar.

A virus scan may help clean up your computer, but no anti-virus software is perfect, and in the end it will be up to your to educate and protect yourself from malicious software, or as someone else suggested relegate different tasks to different devices. From personal experience I can tell you: knowledge is power. I haven't used anti-virus software regularly for the past decade; I download something every so often to scan my computer, but always end up not finding anything. When people ask me what anti-virus software I use, I laugh and say, "I don't download viruses."

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:59:46 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 10:22:45 PM by sublime5447

Relax brother i dont advocate for regulation by the government, I advocate for the regulation of the market and no one can escape market forces.

Me sitting here saying I am gonna vote with my feet, because the system works poorly is imposing market forces.

Some one will come out with a wallet that allows everyone who uses it to rate wallet address and has a Id verification system and maybe builds a business model that can offer insurance for digital transactions for debit card and credit card and paypal.

But to get rid of institutions like banks or make them to small to care about there has to be a huge trust network someone is gonna have to figure a way for people to import trust into bitcoin.

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:20:22 PM

I wouldn't say poor, more like confusing. You keep saying market, which most people would assume to mean a bitcoin exchange (see: http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/). However you seem to be using the word to refer to "markets" that accept bitcoin, of which you are correct in that SilkRoad is probably the largest in terms of volume. However Bitmit is also quite large, and they offer several price options for a seller to use when listing items in USD: Bitstamp, Mt.Gox (24-hr and last), and something they call bitcoinaverage which I assume to be a composite figure.

Furthermore, Blockchain.info seems to use the Mt.Gox weighted average, so saying that SilkRoad uses the Blockchain.info price, which in turn uses the Mt.Gox weighted average is a misrepresentation of the facts, even if for some reason SilkRoad actually retrieves their price from the Blockchain.info site.

Bottom line is, you're giving Blockchain.info far too much credit, and by extension too much culpability.

I've never had any dealings with you before, but from what I can tell you seem to be a valued member of the bitcoin community (or at least the bitcointalk.com community), and provide a beneficial service. I realize such a loss can be greatly discouraging, but don't let it drive you away from bitcoin as a whole. From what you have learned if this thread you should be able to prevent this from happening again if you decided to stick with it.

As for the list you posted, all of those items look disconcerting, with the exception of maybe the Ask Toolbar.

A virus scan may help clean up your computer, but no anti-virus software is perfect, and in the end it will be up to your to educate and protect yourself from malicious software, or as someone else suggested relegate different tasks to different devices. From personal experience I can tell you: knowledge is power. I haven't used anti-virus software regularly for the past decade; I download something every so often to scan my computer, but always end up not finding anything. When people ask me what anti-virus software I use, I laugh and say, "I don't download viruses."

Ya I need to be saying market place.

Guys this hack and theft are small time. I have had 2 k in charge backs, I am not quitting because of this hack i am quitting because i believe this wont work the way it is currently set up it has to be better than this.

I sold 80k worth of coin all p2p with paypal I know it is a profitable business that can be insured.   

There has to be a better system

When I can say hey mom go to this site an get a wallet and know she will be safe and that she will be able to move funds around the internet and can get money into and out of the system easily without going to the bank then I will support it again until then I am out. I already took the bitcoin sticker off my car.   
dyingdreams

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:04:41 PM

It looks like you want your cake (freedom) and want to eat it too (no responsibility). Life doesn't work like that and neither does Bitcoin. They never will.

Agreed, in order for bitcoin to become what you want it to become sublime, it would have to give up all of its advantages over conventional currency.

When I can say hey mom go to this site an get a wallet and know she will be safe and that she will be able to move funds around the internet and can get money into and out of the system easily without going to the bank then I will support it again until then I am out. I already took the bitcoin sticker off my car.   

If you change that to, "hey mom go to this site and get a wallet and set up two-factor authentication," then she would be safe. SMS or GAuth 2FA would have protected your funds. When the hacker tried to log on to your wallet, it would've either sent a code to your cell phone or required an authentication code to be entered before it would've permitted him access. This goes back to separation of devices since without access to your phone no key-logger in existence would be able to overcome 2FA.

dyingdreams

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:08:43 PM

You might as well be arguing, "why bother having a deadbolt or a security system in your house. One lock should be enough, and if it isn't then the police should protect you."

BitcoinLeader

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 11:25:14 PM

And in addition for removal (not prevention), I recommend HijackThis:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Sublime, you've probably been a victim of a drive-by trojan. If you really want to watch adult content on your computer, just turn off Java and Flash in Chrome or Firefox before fapping.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:49:45 AM

And in addition for removal (not prevention), I recommend HijackThis:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Sublime, you've probably been a victim of a drive-by trojan. If you really want to watch adult content on your computer, just turn off Java and Flash in Chrome or Firefox before fapping.

http://www.uproxx.com/technology/2013/07/church-websites-are-three-times-more-likely-to-give-you-a-virus-than-porn-sites/

Reinstall your OS.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:13:56 AM

That exact service may exist some day soon or not-so-soon. It will have fees (visible or hidden). It will also remove the benefits of decentralization. You are going to have to trust that service provider to protect you. You are going to have to comply with the various laws which exist for those types of services. This means you are going to have to trust your government (or the government of the service provider) as well.

Again, due to Bitcoin's decentralized nature, it is up to each user to protect themselves.

In fact, this is true for most things in life, regardless of how many safety nets seem to be in place.

It looks like you want your cake (freedom) and want to eat it too (no responsibility). Life doesn't work like that and neither does Bitcoin. They never will.

"That exact service may exist some day soon or not-so-soon. It will have fees (visible or hidden)."

Not so-soon. Bitcoin has massive hidden fees the extremely high rates of theft and visible mining fees. I can load currency into paypal send it any where in the world for free, but I have to take the risk in that transaction

"or the government of the service provider"

You are talking about the need for escrow that will always exist.

Yes I want my cake and eat it too. I want a currency that i can use anonymously if I choose and if i choose transparently.

I want one that that I can send to people I trust any where in the world where I bear the risk and one where I can be protected

"Again, due to Bitcoin's decentralized nature, it is up to each user to protect themselves."

For now.

"In fact, this is true for most things in life, regardless of how many safety nets seem to be in place."

Absolute security does not exist, but there are acceptable risk and unacceptable ones.  

"It looks like you want your cake (freedom) and want to eat it too (no responsibility). Life doesn't work like that and neither does Bitcoin. They never will."

No I want options I want the option to engage in completely free trade P2P at my own risk or the option to trade transparently in a protected environment. It is a trade off

It doent require government regulation to achieve what I desire.

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:28:24 AM

You might as well be arguing, "why bother having a deadbolt or a security system in your house. One lock should be enough, and if it isn't then the police should protect you."

I dont lock doors in my cars or home. I dont want to live in a world that it is necessary and it offers no protection, that is just the illusion of safety. Trusted finacial institutions dont offer true security either they steal from me all the time too that is what feedback is all about the best indication of future behavior is past behavior.

We are lucky if we wake up tomorrow. Safety is a illusion, but there are acceptable risk and unacceptable ones   
MerchantMiner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:00:57 AM

Sounds like a hassle. Someone else can worry about it. It is their job to protect my accounts if someone steals it is their job to get the money back to me. I am a user it is for tech nerds to prevent this shit from happening. I dont care and I shouldnt have to care. I hate tech shit this is my dads company http://www.norlinx.com/ he is a computer engineer that writes software to manage data centers. He tortured me with programming when I was a kid. I dont like it and couldnt care less about it. I am a user i dont care about the details. I put my efforts in other places.   

im sorry that someone stole 1.4 bitcoins off you but serious if you dont care so much what ya doing writing in here? shut the fuck up and man up boy its just 1.4 bitcoins. 3 days ago i was talking to someone who lost 19.6 bitcoins in the same way as you!! so far its all down to blockchain.org everyone who goes there get fucking robbed !!!

stop whingeing 1.4 , they guy who lost 19 didn't winge as much as you, and you know what people actually helped him because he was nice about his situation !!!!
MerchantMiner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:07:25 AM

I dont lock doors in my cars or home. I dont want to live in a world that it is necessary and it offers no protection, that is just the illusion of safety. Trusted finacial institutions dont offer true security either they steal from me all the time too that is what feedback is all about the best indication of future behavior is past behavior.

We are lucky if we wake up tomorrow. Safety is a illusion, but there are acceptable risk and unacceptable ones   

after reading further , i find you to be a pathetic excuse for a grown up ........actually how old are you im guessing 17-18 , take responsibility for your life . not locking doors everyone doing everything for you , serious you sound like a fucking PUSSY get over your self man !!!!!!! lifes tuff if you think getting skanked 1.4 bitcoins is bad you wouldn't last 2 seconds in my shoes pal you would be eaten alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the rest of the forum users im sorry for this out burst i just think this guy is Pathetic and someone should point that out!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: