Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:06:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Fork Coming?  (Read 117 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 03:17:52 PM

Is there a fork for bitcoin in the upcoming months?
Because I think that may help in giving a boost to its value to break the ongoing barriers and slump.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:20:52 PM

Because I think that may help in giving a boost to its value to break the ongoing barriers and slump.

Bitcoin private, I'm pretty sure it's happening today or around about now. Don't rely on forks to really benefit the price too much, other than bitcoin cash the large majority haven't really been of any significance and people will soon learn that buying bitcoin in advance of a fork isn't all that profitable.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
bachanhlac

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:22:35 PM

Dear, bro
I have a question. Why do we hardfolk?
solopay669

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:22:59 PM

The bitcoin network will hardcore Bitcoin Private (BTCP) with the zk-SNARK anonymity protocol based on the zero-disclosure proof. The main peculiarity of Bitcoin Private is that ZClassic, fork of anonymous crypto currency ZCash, will be subjected to the same time.

Bitcoin Private will be the first fork, based immediately on the two blockers, and the PoW-algorithm Equihash will allow BTCP to be produced using video cards.

The block size in the network will be 2Mb, and the frequency of generation of new units will be 2.5 minutes, while each will contain 12.5 BTCP. The required number of blocks to confirm the new block is 100. At the same time, 10 blocks are needed for the building and another 10 for the return return from the shilling, which is due to the peculiarities of the zk-SNARK protocol. It is worth noting that the recalculation of the complexity will be performed after each block found.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:29:09 PM

there are two forks happening today!
one of them was bitcoin dollar which i have no idea what it is but Yobit already gave the tokens to people holding bitcoin there a couple of hours ago and it was dumped at 0.03BTC
in 1.5 hours there is another one called bitcoin private which has not yet happened.

may help in giving a boost to its value to break the ongoing barriers and slump.
i disagree. people no longer care about these forks enough to buy bitcoin and cause any kind of rise.

There is a FOMO brewing...
bachanhlac

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:59:46 PM

one of them was bitcoin dollar which i have no idea what it is but Yobit already gave the tokens to people holding bitcoin there a couple of hours ago and it was dumped at 0.03BTC
in 1.5 hours there is another one called bitcoin private which has not yet happened.

may help in giving a boost to its value to break the ongoing barriers and slump.
i disagree. people no longer care about these forks enough to buy bitcoin and cause any kind of rise.

Dear bro,

Is it a truth? I dont find a information about hardfork? Can you send me a link to proof. Thank you
sjj_kleros

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 04:02:32 PM

Bitcoin Private is an interesting one. Personally, I don't care for forks but this one could go either way. True privacy is the only major feature missing so this could end up being valuable if network gains some hash rate. Won't affect the price of BTC one bit though.
BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:05:37 PM

Dear bro,

Is it a truth? I dont find a information about hardfork? Can you send me a link to proof. Thank you

Yes it's true, here's bitcoin private's site, you can find almost everything you need to know there.

https://btcprivate.org

Agreed, people soon realise that most of the forks are garbage and there's no real value, they lose more when bitcoin dumps after the fork than they gain from the forked coin.

Bitcoin Private is an interesting one. Personally, I don't care for forks but this one could go either way. True privacy is the only major feature missing so this could end up being valuable if network gains some hash rate. Won't affect the price of BTC one bit though.

There are plenty of privacy alternatives, I feel like there will be a demand for bitcoin private but as with most privacy coins it only appeals to the few who really value privacy.

Yes the key one coming up is Bitcoin Private, however I don't think it will generate real value. It is really more of a fork of ZClassic and even then it is hard to see why it is necessary to fork ZClassic which is already a fork of Zcash

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:06:05 PM

Dear bro,

Yes it's true, here's bitcoin private's site, you can find almost everything you need to know there.

https://btcprivate.org

Agreed, people soon realise that most of the forks are garbage and there's no real value, they lose more when bitcoin dumps after the fork than they gain from the forked coin.

There are plenty of privacy alternatives, I feel like there will be a demand for bitcoin private but as with most privacy coins it only appeals to the few who really value privacy.

Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:09:35 PM

Bitcoin forks are the same altcoins or airdrops. They should be sold at once, except for BCC and BTG.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:09:59 PM

You can check the list given by CryptoTicker for information on the upcoming forks:

https://cryptoticker.io/list-upcoming-bitcoin-forks/

The list is not complete and it seems to be outdated.

A more exclusive list is given by 99 Bitcoins here: https://99bitcoins.com/upcoming-bitcoin-forks/

I am not sure about the first two months of 2018, but there were a total of 14 Bitcoin forks in 2017.
tramadols

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:12:33 PM

I did not hear about fork this year. but I hope it does not exist, because I prefer the growth of bitcoin slowly. the effects of rapid growth will lead to new corrections in the next year.

Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:14:35 PM

Oh no, thinking that hard forking is giving a boost to the value of a coin is like the government thinking that printing money is a cure for the fiat many weaknesses. It is just wrong. That cure will undoubtly kill the patient.

The forks are created only with a hidden agenda to make the fork developers rich quickly (or some other, even more malevolent attempt), and as a rule of thumb they are useless and the coins they create have no rael adventages over the base coin.
deepcoreotc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:25:21 PM

Please no more forks! Let Bitcoin grow naturally as the Blockchain technology proggresses further. There aren't any forks that are worth it at the moment.
bitcoinstress

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 04:45:58 PM

The closed is Bitcoin private, this is great project. You should take this opportunity to get much Bitcoin private, they have great team.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: