Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:20:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust spam report + suggestion  (Read 743 times)
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:53:28 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2018, 05:13:46 AM by bones261

I don't think OP should worry about untrusted feedback. It will not reflect on your trust rating unless they become DT. However OP question is good, it will very difficult to moderate trust system. There is no easy way except investigation. Only admin could remove or delete left feedback so obviously he is busy too much. I don't think there is other way to report about left feedback except open thread on meta.

Yes, I wouldn't worry about untrusted feedback. This joker, Tanglemymind, gave me negative feedback for spreading a fictitious disease. His feedback to others was also dubious.  Cheesy

Edit: After actually examining the OPs situation, I can see were it presents more than a mild nuisance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:06:39 AM

I don't think OP should worry about untrusted feedback. It will not reflect on your trust rating unless they become DT.
The problem with this is that it is difficult to pressure someone to remove the rating long after they give the rating if they are later included in the DT network. Also, if someone not in DT starting leaving questionable ratings that do not receive pushback, then someone in DT might start leaving similar questionable ratings.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 07:38:41 AM

I don't think OP should worry about untrusted feedback. It will not reflect on your trust rating unless they become DT. However OP question is good, it will very difficult to moderate trust system. There is no easy way except investigation. Only admin could remove or delete left feedback so obviously he is busy too much. I don't think there is other way to report about left feedback except open thread on meta.

Yes, I wouldn't worry about untrusted feedback. This joker, Tanglemymind, gave me negative feedback for spreading a fictitious disease. His feedback to others was also dubious.  Cheesy

Edit: After actually examining the OPs situation, I can see were it presents more than a mild nuisance.

Yea, I'm surprised mods don't have more abilities here with this. It took me wayyyy longer than it should have to scroll down his trust feedback.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
EcuaMobi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 04:21:35 PM

Exactly. The problem is the spam. I know all of them are not DT and never will but their spam makes my trust page unusable, at least everything shown below "Untrusted feedback".

I don't think OP should worry about untrusted feedback. It will not reflect on your trust rating unless they become DT.
The problem with this is that it is difficult to pressure someone to remove the rating long after they give the rating if they are later included in the DT network. Also, if someone not in DT starting leaving questionable ratings that do not receive pushback, then someone in DT might start leaving similar questionable ratings.
That's not really my point here, just the spam. If someone who is not DT leaves a totally incorrect, lying comment on my feedback then I know they'll never be DT so I can ignore it. But if a single user leaves 2,430 lines of spam in my profile as I mention in OP then I would expect an admin to remove it.

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:52:40 PM

Exactly. The problem is the spam. I know all of them are not DT and never will but their spam makes my trust page unusable, at least everything shown below "Untrusted feedback".

That's not really my point here, just the spam. If someone who is not DT leaves a totally incorrect, lying comment on my feedback then I know they'll never be DT so I can ignore it. But if a single user leaves 2,430 lines of spam in my profile as I mention in OP then I would expect an admin to remove it.

DT system should not be like this at all. You seem to care way too much about DT (not the trust system itself but *Default Trust list*). Earlier you were totally fine with Vod abusing his DT position against me, and now you're so vocal about the importance of what's shown on "trusted" and "untrusted" feedback. What would you do if someone on DT left a totally unjust shitty lying rating on you?

I'd be happy if the whole Default Trust list was removed. It should merely be a list of "unlikely to scam" people, but not represent any higher amount of trust in any case. Right now it seems to be "reserved" for spam fighters etc, which is not the focus or only use of DT. Everyone should make their own lists, and if they did, you nobody would need to care about these things as everyone's trust list was their own.

EcuaMobi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 04:08:19 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2018, 05:14:26 PM by EcuaMobi

DT system should not be like this at all. You seem to care way too much about DT (not the trust system itself but *Default Trust list*). Earlier you were totally fine with Vod abusing his DT position against me, and now you're so vocal about the importance of what's shown on "trusted" and "untrusted" feedback. What would you do if someone on DT left a totally unjust shitty lying rating on you?
Read again what I posted and try to understand this time. You totally missed it. As I've posted in my previous post and OP I care about the spam, not DT. It's not OK for someone to leave 2,430 lines of trust spam.

And no, I'm not OK with Vod or anyone else abusing anything. Do not lie again about me.
However of course we may have different opinions about whether a specific case is an abuse or no.

This thread is to discuss trust spam. Please keep it on topic.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:01:06 PM

And no, I'm not OK with Vod or anyone else abusing anything. Do not lie again about me.
However of course we may have different opinions about whether a specific case is an abuse or no.

Blackmailing/threatening and resulting red trust when blackmail was unsuccessful doesn't count as abuse? That's what Vod did to me. I recall you commenting this and siding with Vod, seeing it not as abuse, who knows why. I might be wrong and maybe it was not you, but I am pretty sure it was you. Which way is it?

Of course by-default trusted/untrusted, so DT feedback, is related to trust spam. It changes the way the whole trust system is used. If it was more like a real trust network, these spam cases and other total bullshit ratings wouldn't matter to anyone at all. DT's do shitpost ratings too, just like Vod did. Spam and shitposting are alike as we're talking about the effects of those ratings that should carry no value.
Trust spam wouldn't be any different from regular spam at all if it's untrusted, right? So apply the same rules as forum applies on regular spam.

It's not OK for someone to leave 2,430 lines of trust spam.

I agree. Same policies should apply to that as applies to other spam.

EcuaMobi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 05:15:01 PM

It's useless to discuss with you so I prefer not to. I'll just tell you I haven't even posted here if that's what you mean.

And I repeat: This thread is to discuss trust spam (not "shitpost ratings" as you apparently call feedback you disagree with). Please keep it on topic.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:21:20 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2018, 06:06:29 PM by Anduck

It's useless to discuss with you so I prefer not to. I'll just tell you I haven't even posted here if that's what you mean.

And I repeat: This thread is to discuss trust spam (not "shitpost ratings" as you apparently call feedback you disagree with). Please keep it on topic.

OK. Then I probably remember it wrong, sorry for that. How is it "useless to discuss" with me?
Again, a feedback given as a result of blackmailing attempt is not me "disagreeing" (which I obviously also do) but it's also blatant abuse. Washing it as "disagreeing with a rating" is not cool. It would be the same as calling your received untrusted feedback as something you just "apparently disagree with" and now want deleted.

My posts are on-topic. The DT system significantly affects the whole trust system. If it was a real trust network, all untrusted feedback could be ignored 100% whether it was spam or not. In a real trust network, ratings that have *any* value are in your trusted feedback section. Right now it doesn't work like that because of DT twisting how this trust system in practice is used.

It's not just that simple to go remove ratings based on them being spam. I would agree that removing them is an OK solution but I understand the reasons to not touch any ratings. You can simply exclude them off your trust network. See #bitcoin-otc Web of Trust for example.

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:45:00 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

My posts are on-topic.
They are not on topic, you are ranting around about perfectly valid -ve you received from Vod while this topic is all about trust spam.

Read again this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3039025.0 and this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3039025.msg31524743#msg31524743 and then click here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=1714509 and after that click here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=740675.
Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:59:09 PM

They are not on topic, you are ranting around about perfectly valid -ve you received from Vod while this topic is all about trust spam.

Perfectly valid? Is it perfectly valid to blackmail/threaten and then leave a negative rating when blackmailing fails?

Ok. Maybe slightly off-topic, yes. My point was to describe how all these problems (this kind of spam you linked) as well as other obviously wrong rating activity could be possibly dismissed. (That would be promoting use of trust system that makes "untrusted feedback" completely irrelevant.)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: