Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:43:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto for Teenagers  (Read 313 times)
Vaflia

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:59:27 PM

It seems to me that teenagers understand cryptocurrencies much better than many investors from wall street. Don't worry about them)

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
totnaksquad

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:01:47 PM

These young folks will surely be billionaires in just few years of getting into cryptocurrencies,because early adopters will be the ones who will benefit in the long run,you can guide here if you saw some potentials,young people should be aware of the things in their environment because the technology is fast phasing,so these people needs to be aware to all the things.

Victor Beckham

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:03:58 PM

I think it is nothing wrong that teenagers want ti know more about crypto and they can read all they want. I don't think it is wise idea that they should risk money they did not earn.

Card

Activity: 263

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:16:11 PM

A student from another class came to me last week asking for help on doing a research paper about bitcoin.
She was pretty fascinated by it all and was intuitive enough to realize that blockchain technology can revolutionize small scale businesses, particularly in the developing world, and disrupt mega conglomerates.

So, fast forward a week, she comes back to tell me that she has bought some eth and is looking to invest in an ICO!

I had a student before who had gotten into crypto pretty seriously, but he was 18 and was doing it alongside his father.

It really made me wonder, what do you think of teenagers getting into crypto?
yes crypto is so popular by now that's why they do reasearch about it and how to earn here so it's recommended to do
My first reaction was, "No no no no no no! It is way too risky and you have no idea what you are getting into!"
yes you can,this is so risky to anyone but still the chance to earn is big and we can only do a little investing like the affordable for us to lose
But then, an informed, educated 16 year old who does her due dilligence and research is a much better investor than a 30 something millenial who is just trying to make it rich and investing in whatever mcafee or supoman shills.
Am I mistaken?
yes that's right all of your thoughts
in my opinion it does not matter teenagers understand how the development of crypto. it would be great to mean that they spend their free time not in vain. this will make the teenagers become independent because they can make money from their own efforts and hard work.
parents should also keep an eye on their child's development so that he / she stays on the right path.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:23:49 PM

Age is not a problem , as long as he/she totally understand the risks and know what they getting them self into . I read a couple of stories about high school boy    who become millionaire because he choosed to invest in  BTC ( You can read the story here LINK ) . Just make sure you was honest and that you gave her all the information she needs then the rest is on her .
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:43:25 PM

You shouldn't treat them different than adults, they're old enough to make their own decisions. If she is truly passionate about Bitcoin then why would you stop her from doing it, I feel it's better that someone learns about some valuable technology instead of buying games. I started with Bitcoin when I was a teenager too, even younger than 16. Bitcoin thought me a lot about computer science, economics and I still learn more about this fascinating technology.
yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:52:33 PM

A student from another class came to me last week asking for help on doing a research paper about bitcoin.
She was pretty fascinated by it all and was intuitive enough to realize that blockchain technology can revolutionize small scale businesses, particularly in the developing world, and disrupt mega conglomerates.

So, fast forward a week, she comes back to tell me that she has bought some eth and is looking to invest in an ICO!

I had a student before who had gotten into crypto pretty seriously, but he was 18 and was doing it alongside his father.

My first reaction was, "No no no no no no! It is way too risky and you have no idea what you are getting into!"
But then, an informed, educated 16 year old who does her due dilligence and research is a much better investor than a 30 something millenial who is just trying to make it rich and investing in whatever mcafee or supoman shills.
Am I mistaken?
I think you are not mistaken. And in general, I think that cryptocurrency is for young people who like to take risks because it is an extremely volatile market

engrshu

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:55:14 PM

Am I mistaken?

The generation now is far different in the past generations, even they are just 16 years old their thinking is pacing up with the thinking of the adults. For sure her decision is not an impulsive response and I commend you for answering her questions leading her to understand what she needs to understand (of course, researching also plays the big part). Blockchain is a booming technology, and it is better for the young adults to understand and be involve in it this early.

[
qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:56:52 PM

Am I mistaken?
It's a psychological question. For investments, a person must have not only the necessary knowledge, responsibility, intuition and extra funds. But also it should not be gambling.  I doubt that bitcoin for students.
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:59:25 PM

It seems to me that teenagers understand cryptocurrencies much better than many investors from wall street. Don't worry about them)
If they get their advice from someone at Wallsteet then they need to stop trading coins immediately. Wallstreet is a scam.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:10:27 PM

crptocurrency need to understand of every people in the world even the teenager or younger age because i believe bitcoin or cryptocurrency as decentralized virtual currency the teenager as aprt of the new era of the new technology is easy to expalin them the impotance of crypto, because the young ages is knowledgeable to understand how to use computer system.

chaa123

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:19:21 PM

It is actually good to introduce teenagers to bitcoin instead of letting them waste time somewhere else. It is good in a sense that it will teach them to be more responsible with the resources they have at the same time, they get to earn for themselves at an early age...
peterthegreat

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:23:20 PM

Teenagers don't need to handle crypto as it is very risky to use crypto currecy. They can learn about it and you should tell them about it but you should not give large amounts of crypto to teenagers because they will either lose the crypto or spend it on scams.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
CoPil

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:24:05 PM

Am I mistaken?

That is very true, I could not agree more. That teenager who is fascinated by her discovery ...out of her curiosity is a better investor and a better part of the cryptoworld. Rather than those who just tried to engage because nahh 'it's all about money'. It is very wonderful how young generations (more and more younger people) engage in the digital world.. and now in cryptos and blockchain... and even saw the potential of it. Crypto can be great for teenagers who knew what they are engaging into. Since it is very risky, the younger generation (teenagers) are not advised to engage/transact -but with sufficient knowledge, proper guidance and eagerness triggered by their interest, why not right?  Smiley
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:30:05 PM

I think teens are processing the information a way faster than us/me.
It's riskier if they are playing with money who doesn't belongs to them. Otherwise they are capable of making more faster and more accurate decisions than 40+. Most of the successful traders I know are 18-25y. If you are trading for 10+y, you are risking a complete burn out.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:31:57 PM

There's no age restriction for involving yourselves in cryptos as long as you understand the technology and able to comprehend for the outcome of your actions then you are good to go. Exposing teenagers how to earn is not a bad idea because they will value the importance of managing their money/income and may teach them to spend wisely because its not easy to earn from investments there's always risk involved.

creamy08

Activity: 102
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:39:49 PM

Am I mistaken?
Age doesn't matter it terms of crypto,it is open to everyone.
Have you heard or read the story of erik finman? the 12year old boy that becomes a millionare because of cryptocurrency (specifically bitcoin) because of investment.
Here's its article https://www.neowin.net/news/a-12-year-old-kid-from-idaho-turned-a-1000-bitcoin-investment-into-a-million-dollars
ramayor

Activity: 102
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:49:15 PM

There are lots of teenagers who involve in a cryptocurrency world. Most of them earned a lot of tokens but first they make sure that they will do a research first before involving in this kind of activity. It will be good as long as the teenager know their limitations. There is no problem if the user is well educated and informed about the happenings in cryptocurrency.
Bokugo

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:59:12 PM

Am I mistaken?
Age doesn't matter it terms of crypto,it is open to everyone.
Have you heard or read the story of erik finman? the 12year old boy that becomes a millionare because of cryptocurrency (specifically bitcoin) because of investment.
Here's its article https://www.neowin.net/news/a-12-year-old-kid-from-idaho-turned-a-1000-bitcoin-investment-into-a-million-dollars
Now the technology is not looked at the age of, all the accessible by anyone...
Many young people who became the billionaire in just a few years into cryptocurrencies,
I feel better that someone to learn about some of the technology instead of purchase or bet in the match.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:07:13 AM

Crypto for teenagers has good effects and bad effects for teenagers. Crypto currencies can affect students in learning because their minds can be branched out while learning, this is because they are thinking about profits in investing or thinking about their duties in a bounty campaign.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: