Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:44:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO  (Read 69699 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:11:10 PM

I've bought 0.5GHs just to try this and the site/service is super cool. Right way to compare prices with bunch of hardware options, if it is more expensive than CEX.IO per GHs = no motivation to buy.

One thing puzzles me: Is there any time-frame in which they guarantee the service to us? What will happen when this hardware becomes to expensive to operate with next generations of miners?
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:30:37 PM

Ok lets see if u can see past your rose colored glasses

price was ~.24  diff increase was ~ 28% ... 0.24 - 28% = ~.17

So if we get 1% returns for 8 days = ~ 9-10%

All of this does not add up to the price drop of only 9%  ...So .21 + ~9-10% returns = 0.19 if we where being generous   ... I am commenting on the supposed VALUE from 0.24 to 0.21

When bitfury holds the lions share of the hash or the bank they can and are manipulating the price at will ... dont fool yourself that their is some free market in operation here

Good luck to them...and no ones forcing u to buy ..blah blah blah ... but dont get caught up in trying to find the pea in this shell game  Cheesy

Perhaps some people here do wear a rose coloured glass, but yours is perhaps pitch black...

Just some numbers.

Currently an inhand BFL Singles sell for around BTC10-12

Let's assume you buy expensive @ BTC12 for 60gh/s
This is BTC0.20 p/ghs

Though a Single uses 360watt power which computes to 8.64kWh a day.
Let's say I run this Single for 3 months, total electricity used will be: 8.64*90=777.6 kWh

777.6 x $0.25 = $194,40 which is ~BTC1.58

So mining hardware + electricity for 3 months is BTC12 + BTC1.58 = BTC13.58

BTC13.58 / 60 = BTC0.226

Which isn't far away from current prices on the cex.io exchange

Just to comment on the price, I'm not talking about making ROI, that's a complete other discussion.

PS: yes electricity in The Netherlands is damn expensive.

Plain and simple ... ASICS are totally over priced ...if there is NO ROI dont touch it

12btc for 60Gig ... Nigga please ... Avalon could not get anyone to but 1 60gig unit for 9btc let alone 12btc !!  They have dropped the price to btc 6.3 and so far I dont think they are russhing out the door !

Look explain it to me like i am 5 ... If it is supposed to be an exchange then when a diff change comes and therefore decreases the value of the product by 28% then the product is now worth ~ 20-25+% less (add your returns for mining)

Thats it... Is there some other way to look at it other than this Huh

OBJECT NOT FOUND
mutex

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:20:09 AM

Look explain it to me like i am 5 ... If it is supposed to be an exchange then when a diff change comes and therefore decreases the value of the product by 28% then the product is now worth ~ 20-25+% less (add your returns for mining)

Thats it... Is there some other way to look at it other than this Huh

Yep. Coming difficulty increases (and yield drops) are already included in the price. It's not like all the participants of cex.io market can't plan further than today's evening... although an average bitcoin investor is rather short-sighted, but it comes with the fast pace and unpredictability of this whole bitcoin enterprise.
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:21:17 PM

Lets get that sell price above 0.23!  Tongue

rynmln

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:15:45 PM

Very impressed with the service. It does, however, seem like someone has the market cornered and is using that power to their advantage. Tread carefully and be sure to have an exit price plotted. Also, keep your eyes on the diff increase.

TL/DR: Be smart. Carelessness leads to coinlessness.

Disclosure: I have shares at cex.io
juhakall

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:22:44 PM

The price graph only shows up to 3 days of history. Monthly & weekly views would be much appreciated.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:22:47 PM

The price graph only shows up to 3 days of history. Monthly & weekly views would be much appreciated.

agreed, Ive been having to snapshot the graph in order to keep historical data.

gh/s are cheap is sin at the moment. about to reenter my position. you pretty much have to wait for the market manipulator to drop the price (hes been at work recently). otherwise you might get stuck holding a very expensive bag. at the current market price a ghs yield a 1.4% daily interest rate (.198 per Gh/s). Purchase feasibility holds til .265, which would yield a solid 1% daily interest rate. And if you get caught holding the bag, the percent gain acts as a hedge against losing the principle. It's an interesting concept to say the least. Russian Roulette with training wheels Smiley

GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:36:14 PM

seems the chart view has been expanded to 3 months. someone is monitoring this thread Smiley excellent attention to detail, guys. so far, no complaints as far as customer support and this service. Highly recommended.

you even did right by me for my free gh/s. promised i'd mention it.
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:56:56 PM

Will CEX.io provision percentages of GHS, or does it have to be whole numbers?  Can I play with 0.125 GHS, just to poke on it?
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:03:00 PM

Will CEX.io provision percentages of GHS, or does it have to be whole numbers?  Can I play with 0.125 GHS, just to poke on it?

I was impatient.  They do provision percentages of GHS, neat!  I'll play with this over the weekend and see how it works.
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:53:06 PM

sorry, was breaking my fast, but as you see, even fractional pieces of ghs.

Grin

this seems like a clever way to issue a security-like , mining related offering that offers "dividends". without stepping on any regulatory toes, that is. 

im optimistic, because when this becomes trusted and everyone recovers from the recent exchange shenanigans (lot of value lost), people will realize what this really is (a legitimate, working cloudhashing service with instant payouts/an extremely high risk, high return investment/really fucking cheap mining) and drive the ghs price higher. until then, i get an awesome rate of return. you'd be a fool not to utilize stop loss however. 10% market movement today.

as i type this, the site has a new feature: instant notification of payout when the block solves. you used to have to keep a ghash.io open as well as a cex.io window open to monitor this info. Appreciate you Smiley

and because obviously this can generate interest and thereby influence the market;

disclosure: i own 71.46433540 ghs with this service , and if the price dips lower, i intend to own more.

YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:55:29 PM

Grin

this seems like a clever way to issue a security-like , mining related offering that offers "dividends". without stepping on any regulatory toes, that is. 

im optimistic, because when this becomes trusted and everyone recovers from the recent exchange shenanigans (lot of value lost), people will realize what this really is (a legitimate, working cloudhashing service with instant payouts/an extremely high risk, high return investment/really fucking cheap mining) and drive the ghs price higher. until then, i get an awesome rate of return. you'd be a fool not to utilize stop loss however. 10% market movement today.

as i type this, the site has a new feature: instant notification of payout when the block solves. you used to have to keep a ghash.io open as well as a cex.io window open to monitor this info. Appreciate you Smiley

and because obviously this can generate interest and thereby influence the market;

disclosure: i own 71.46433540 ghs with this service , and if the price dips lower, i intend to own more.

Full disclosure ..I own 0 and if the price dips further I intend to own 500% more on my current amount

OBJECT NOT FOUND
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:23:21 PM

Grin

Full disclosure ..I own 0 and if the price dips further I intend to own 500% more on my current amount

well dammit, thats no fun,Yip Smiley
androsyn (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 11:34:05 PM

Very impressed with the service. It does, however, seem like someone has the market cornered and is using that power to their advantage. Tread carefully and be sure to have an exit price plotted. Also, keep your eyes on the diff increase.

TL/DR: Be smart. Carelessness leads to coinlessness.

Disclosure: I have shares at cex.io

so true
we need to plan a security exit, it's easy to invest 10-20 BTC on this and mine cheerfully, but price is going to fall every day a bit more.
The guy who suggested Cex.Io warned me about this. Said to be ready to sell back.
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:41:44 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2013, 05:58:30 AM by GreenBits

mayhap we should make a wall watching thread? ive had my eye on that 17.6 @ 0.19621 since lunchtime. watching the panic sellers/ microholders sell off
but indeed, def dont buy on an uptrend
and dont be greedy. plan an appropriate exit. you can buy back in later
kabrok

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:21:56 AM

Forgive me but, when will the difficulty rise? Is there a stabilished date for that?
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:25:28 AM

Didn't even notice there was a referral system, but what the hell:

This is my referral link:
https://cex.io/r/1/Zeek/0/

GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:59:19 AM

Forgive me but, when will the difficulty rise? Is there a stabilished date for that?

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

near the top
kabrok

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 09:08:31 AM

Thank you, green bits =)
juhakall

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:57:17 PM

Please add a feature to download CSV history of transactions. Or at least add another view that doesn't include any canceled orders, only actual trades. It's quite hard to keep track of my performance now, I have to keep a manual log of my trades to stay on track.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: