Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:13:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO  (Read 69691 times)
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:49:17 AM

Still going on I got too many emails to count. This is getting annoying.  There should be a system to temp ip ban for small amounts of time 10-15 min

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:50:47 AM

Received literally hundreds of emails in an hour with failed authentication attempts on CEX.IO, from different IPs. Bot-net obviously. Enabled two-factor authentication, but those emails every minute are really annoying. Can CEX admins ban those IPs with repeated failed attempts?
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:31:34 AM

Received literally hundreds of emails in an hour with failed authentication attempts on CEX.IO, from different IPs. Bot-net obviously. Enabled two-factor authentication, but those emails every minute are really annoying. Can CEX admins ban those IPs with repeated failed attempts?

Same for me, it eventually stopped a few hours later
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:57:08 AM

How come your username got known by the botnet owner?
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:34:34 AM

How come your username got known by the botnet owner?

I have no idea. It eventually stopped this morning at 2:35 (GMT), maybe it has something to do that I've emailed CEX support about the mail spam problem.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 04:25:20 PM

Where is cex in all of this?

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:37:27 AM

Got same myself today, contacted support and let them know - was advised simply to change password.

I'll point out that it looks like a mass attack to them.
zebroid

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 03:49:24 PM

Oi! cex.io and ghash.io down today Huh
Just getting to CloudFlare error page.
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:07:11 PM

Oh no! not another one! LOL! I hope this is just a temp thing. Maybe they are redoing their system. I know they are doing something to add more to the website. I had to relog in earlier and hit a terms of service agreement. feels like it will be back up soon.

cafminer1

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:10:07 PM

Possibly starting trading fee and new exchange channels...
zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:17:36 PM

your might be right. even the ghash is down too.
zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:21:02 PM

They are back up! nice Smiley
drason

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:17:28 AM

On April 16, CEX.IO on its official twitter account (https://twitter.com/cex_io) made an announcement: "CEX.IO ‏@cex_io  21h
Monthly Maintenance Cost for cloud-based GHS has been lowered to $0.26 per 1 GHS! Read more: http://blog.cex.io/?p=1616". Soon after the announcement, the linked article was removed from CEX.IO blog site, and the monthly maintenance cost per GHS is still $0.30 on the fee calculation page (https://cex.io/maintenance). Ironically total maintenance fee percentage went from 19% to 26% on the same day. Would someone with CEX.IO please explain what is going on here?
cafminer1

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:39:04 PM

On April 16, CEX.IO on its official twitter account (https://twitter.com/cex_io) made an announcement: "CEX.IO ‏@cex_io  21h
Monthly Maintenance Cost for cloud-based GHS has been lowered to $0.26 per 1 GHS! Read more: http://blog.cex.io/?p=1616". Soon after the announcement, the linked article was removed from CEX.IO blog site, and the monthly maintenance cost per GHS is still $0.30 on the fee calculation page (https://cex.io/maintenance). Ironically total maintenance fee percentage went from 19% to 26% on the same day. Would someone with CEX.IO please explain what is going on here?

This last change from 19% to 26% is due to BTC price in the calculations. CEX was using 665, but it is now updated to current 503.

I just hope it is reviewed when BTC goes up, for this is now more than a quarter of everything mined and has resulted in more than 20% elevation from already high fees.

About electricity costs, no doubt it is time to review that as well...
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:10:02 PM

this is what they want Wink then they get to start removing GH from your account when you can't foot the bill
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:43:31 PM

Hi guys, just wanted to stop by in this thread to let you know about a Derivative product I run called BDD - the Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative.

One of its components, B.MINE, acts as a 5GH/s miner and makes daily payouts based on about what a 5GH/s miner would mine in a day. You can trade it just like a stock on the exchange, just like CEX.io. However, there are no other fees because the shares are backed by formula, not actual hardware. This means no variance and no electricity bills  Smiley

Currently, CEX.io runs at about .0094 BTC for 1GH/s; B.MINE runs at about .00572 BTC per GH/s (about 40% cheaper per GH/s!) - B.MINE is sold in 5GH/s shares, however.

I've never really mentioned or 'promoted' B.MINE outside of the Securities subforum, partially because it's part of a larger set of Securities that are all linked together. B.SELL, which is B.MINE's counterpart, actually allows people to bet that B.MINE is overvalued on the market. I highly recommend reading up on BDD if you do consider purchasing any shares, as there are some key differences between BDD and CEX.io.

So, thanks for reading - if you have any questions please feel free to stop by the BDD Thread or shoot me a PM.

Happy trading-
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:56:30 AM

Hi guys, just wanted to stop by in this thread to let you know about a Derivative product I run called BDD - the Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative.

One of its components, B.MINE, acts as a 5GH/s miner and makes daily payouts based on about what a 5GH/s miner would mine in a day. You can trade it just like a stock on the exchange, just like CEX.io. However, there are no other fees because the shares are backed by formula, not actual hardware. This means no variance and no electricity bills  Smiley

Currently, CEX.io runs at about .0094 BTC for 1GH/s; B.MINE runs at about .00572 BTC per GH/s (about 40% cheaper per GH/s!) - B.MINE is sold in 5GH/s shares, however.

I've never really mentioned or 'promoted' B.MINE outside of the Securities subforum, partially because it's part of a larger set of Securities that are all linked together. B.SELL, which is B.MINE's counterpart, actually allows people to bet that B.MINE is overvalued on the market. I highly recommend reading up on BDD if you do consider purchasing any shares, as there are some key differences between BDD and CEX.io.

So, thanks for reading - if you have any questions please feel free to stop by the BDD Thread or shoot me a PM.

Happy trading-

I actually use this derivative a lot for mining and if you sell at the right time is much more profitable.
You would not happen to be promoting it more now that you make that management fee 2% Tongue but seriously its a great alternative but again risky as well
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:06:51 PM

Happy trading-

I actually use this derivative a lot for mining and if you sell at the right time is much more profitable.
You would not happen to be promoting it more now that you make that management fee 2% Tongue but seriously its a great alternative but again risky as well

Though you may not believe it, it is coincidental to my management fee being instituted recently. I was already getting a (small) cut of the exchanges fees generated from it trading on the Exchange.

The reason I bring this up to CEX customers now is because, yesterday, BDD was mentioned in the PETA-Mine thread. This caused me to go and compare GH/s (GHS) rates at CEX.io - I really had NO idea that people were trading GHS at such a premium (what I consider a premium) compared to B.MINE.

Looking at the Derivative as a whole, it is definitely complicated - not for the casual trader. But, in the context of B.MINE vs. 5 GHS at CEX.io? I feel like that's a no-brainer. You're getting similar payouts for 40% less and, if the difficulty continues to increase, you get paid out 200 days of dividends at the end. I am admittedly trying to 'drum up' business for B.MINE - I think that there is a serious market for it with those that trade on CEX.io right now, but I don't see anything unethical about that.

Thanks for trading in it!
cafminer1

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:45:47 PM

From a quick reading of TOS version 2, and maintenance page, CEX is changing GHS maintenance fee calculation for a flat monthly tax of $0.26 per GHS. First analysis: seems better! At least, seems fair enough. Of course, when mining does not result in blocks, user will still be charged the maintenance. So difficulty will tell profitability. All in all, I think it is more easily understandable to the user.

We ll see how it works. So far, congrats CEX. Changing was needed.

PS
Trading fee is also here now, TOS v2, but in a 1st glance of my existing orders I didnt see a % value.
Pritt

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:59:07 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 04:19:06 PM by Pritt

From a quick reading of TOS version 2, and maintenance page, CEX is changing GHS maintenance fee calculation for a flat monthly tax of $0.26 per GHS. First analysis: seems better! At least, seems fair enough. Of course, when mining does not result in blocks, user will still be charged the maintenance. So difficulty will tell profitability. All in all, I think it is more easily understandable to the user.

We ll see how it works. So far, congrats CEX. Changing was needed.

PS
Trading fee is also here now, TOS v2, but in a 1st glance of my existing orders I didnt see a % value.

CEX.IO currently charges a fixed 0.2% commission on all buy/sell transactions, excluding those of trading Futures Contracts (FHA and FHM).

The monthly fee is something what we have to take a look at today the diff will change and then we have to wait how much blocks will be found. Another question is the fee charged at the end of the month ? What will be charge if im selling all my GHs before end of month ? It will be charged for the days im owning the GHs ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: