Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:21:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 580 3card RIG / hashrate issue  (Read 154 times)
HarryTheHarry (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:01:02 PM

hi,
I know there were zillion of similiar threads, but honestly I have tried all possible tricks, read everything upon this on internet. here is my problem.

I got 3x RX 580 rig, installed on ubuntu 16.04.
> 2x RX 580 Sapphiro Nitro+ 8GB (Micron)
> 1x RX 580 XFX  8GB (Samsung)
> Ubuntu 16.04
> amdgpu-pro-17.40-483984 blockchain drivers
> ZEC -> claymore z cash v12.6
> ETH -> claymore 10.5

i modded bios in all possible ways, with flipped and default switch position. in seems that in default (gaming?) mining works best. anyways in first slot i got XFX with coppied time strips in first channel I managed to copy 1500 all the way up and in second from 1750 all the way up, other combination either are instable or less efficient. as per gpu and memory volting i did no changes because when im trying with that cards are instable. as per micron cards i coppied timing from only channel from 1750 all the way up.

in this setting ZEC mining looks like below
gpu0 344h/s t=57 fan 60
gpu1 333h/s t=45 fan 60
gpu2 333h/s t=43 fan 60
as per ETH single mode
gpu0 21,4Mh/s t=64 fan 72
gpu1 19h/s t=58 fan 52
gpu2 19h/s t=56 fan 52

as per ZEC mining results are not that bad, but as per ETH it sux all the way. really these are the best settings I could achieve. I was wasting 5-8hrs for like week and resigned stays with that. however after two months of mining I decide to give it one more try, maybe some knowledgable miner could shed a bit light to my problem. basicaly best would be to provide appropriate bios files to test them up, i tried everything wich was avalaible in the interned nothing worked out. I would be much, much obliged for the help, if need I can provide all the extra info.
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:19:59 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 06:08:56 PM by Steamtyme

Did you test and benchmark your cards before making any of the adjustments/mods you made?

One thing I ran I to this week with my first rig was changing the cards from graphics to compute in the and settings. I was only getting 17 MH out of my cards then went up to 24.7 after that. I have 570's.

Also sometimes you need to go back and start from scratch and change things one at a time to monitor the results you get.

Sidenote you are in the bitcoin section, I've reported to mods and they will move it to altcoins
Good luck

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:22:40 AM

You need to be in computer mode, not gaming.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
HarryTheHarry (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:30:38 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 10:50:49 PM by HarryTheHarry

the point is in compute mode I have way worse results ;/ any1 could share with me their bioses in compute mode? so I could double check the differences, maybe there is something I am doing very wrong
XFX RX 580 8GB (Samsung)
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB (Micron)
below you will find my default computing bios
https://imgur.com/a/g7Vm0
and below gaming mode already flashed with best avalaible performance I managed to achieve
https://imgur.com/a/SXAVE

first part is for gpu0 - xfx and second part the same for both remaining sapphiro. any guidelines would be extremely welcome.

compute default bioses below
gpu0
https://ufile.io/u3b62
gpu1
https://ufile.io/iq3uq
HarryTheHarry (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:55:43 PM

Did you test and benchmark your cards before making any of the adjustments/mods you made?

One thing I ran I to this week with my first rig wad changing the cards from graphics to compute in the and settings. I was only getting 17 MH out of my cards then went up to 24.7 after that. I have 570's.

Also sometimes you need to go back and start from scratch and change things one at a time to monitor the results you get.

Sidenote you are in the bitcoin section, I've reported to mods and they will move it to altcoins
Good luck

out of the box I got something like 17mH/s in gaming mode, at that stage I didnt even know about computing mode. I would like to get back from the very begining but basically I am running same way, thats why I would love to see some modded computing bioses from same model to verify differences.
HarryTheHarry (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:09:14 PM

really there is no one who could help me up? Sad
Pekine

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:21:29 PM

I had the issue as well that my cards gave 17 hash. My isseu was that I the driver I ahd installed had a bug.

de-install your driver with DDU and install the latest blockchain driver. Now my cards are running at 32 mh/s
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:28:32 PM

I had the issue as well that my cards gave 17 hash. My isseu was that I the driver I ahd installed had a bug.

de-install your driver with DDU and install the latest blockchain driver. Now my cards are running at 32 mh/s

Dude, he is using Linux Cheesy

really there is no one who could help me up? Sad

What I see is that in your Modding issue, try to use the one click patch otherwise follow these steps.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: