Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is NANO (RaiBlocks) the best currency in crypto?  (Read 1635 times)
witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:33:41 PM

Is NANO really the best crypto(currency) right now? As in pure currency, since it contains almost instant transcations speeds, has up to 7000 tx/s, no transaction fees, every wallet has a blockchain of its own and a very easy to set up a Node with the wallet meaning more decentralized network.

This puts it ahead of XRP in terms of decentralization, as well as XLM in tx/s and fee's. It basically should be able to replace Bitcoin since its better than it in every single way. Am I wrong? Are there downsides to NANO?

Arguments was there's no incentive to run a node on the NANO network but its very easy, simple and almost no cost to set up within the wallet.
I was a big fan of Nano, but I am really disappointed how the team handled bitgrail exchange hack situation. :/ Lost much money there. why no emergency fork?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thefrolly

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:08:00 AM

NANO is relatively fairly distributed. The total supply of Nano (133,248,289 XRB) got distributed through a faucet everybody could use by filling out Google Captchas. It’s like ‘human mining’. At the time ‘Raiblocks’’ was still worth next to nothing, one had to -manually- solve small puzzles and a bit of ‘XRB’ was given as a reward. This meant anybody with a simple computer was given an honest chance to earn some. I like that idea.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:23:36 AM

Over the past year, I’ve used many cryptocurrencies, but many of the above stated arguments held back my belief that one of them could eventually break through as ‘the internet’s spending money’. With Nano it seems to me the technology is finally ready to take on the world. I really can’t wait to use this in my local Belgian Frituur or to order a great beer.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:04:42 AM

I've heard of this thing "the best coin" but nothing defeats bitcoin. Every year a new alt would come up and a few more will come in a few years to come. Some prove to be better than the others.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:20:05 AM

There are more and more altcoins with all kind of new blockchain features and transactions speeds coming out and rate of innovation is so high that it is hard to know what coin is ahead of others at what time and on what terms.  There will always be only Bitcoin as the king of coins and after it the rest of top coin rankings will keep changing.
NS-Soul

Activity: 497
Merit: 110

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:44:26 AM

I've heard of this thing "the best coin" but nothing defeats bitcoin. Every year a new alt would come up and a few more will come in a few years to come. Some prove to be better than the others.
thats true, if they can even think of beating the best coin bitcoin. Think first if they can beat the top 5 rank next to bitcoin. Many years have past and still there is always a coin will come to the market and will claim them to surpass bitcoin. Nano is known but i think until they can't provr that they are the best they will not be the best coin.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
mitrajkt

Activity: 508
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:36:18 AM

I think Nano may have good points in terms of quick response transactions, low cost and even free, but that does not mean the best among all the coins
janhllr

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:37:44 AM

Great coin but not the best. I still have high hope with Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple.
I think time will tell as many innovative coins with excellent usage is coming for us.
Osech1

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:57:54 AM

Nano is not the best coin, but it has a good team and good progress
Due to the many problems in nodes and bitgrail cases, it can be a serious problem if the problem is not addressed
fabi90

Activity: 204
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:34:58 PM

Ignore the fud.   Ignore the day to day price.   Just keep marching forward and checking off goals.  The price will take care of itself!

look to this great update from the lead developer https://twitter.com/ColinLeMahieu/status/997104224734412800?s=19
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:47:53 PM

I think this tweet is even better than the one above.

"Colin LeMahieu:

The delay right now is because we’re making sure the legal aspects of releasing the wallets are covered. We’re aiming for global adoption of Nano and with a global audience we need a complete risk assessment. Not sexy but necessary nonetheless."

I think it's the best crypto and it will be more easy to use than bitcoin!
Sher123_

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:58:50 AM

Nano [NANO] integration by a betting platform, PVP.ME - This is a signal to buy NANO now? Voting here for this news - https://yeenot.today/catalog/news/283
nemagia

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:34:01 AM

It can not be said that it is the best coin, but it is much better than bitcoin yes, and there are more effective about other alts. So a coin for an amateur to hold a coin for about three years until it passes all the stages of development and becomes a top. But to believe in it and buy is worth it.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:54:07 AM

I don't think that NANO is the best currency in crypto right now. I like Ethereum much more, because I really love the smart contract and their nice and fast Blockchain network. NANO is very great if you don't want to pay some fees on your TXes Smiley
Waitingforlightning

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Securix: Next Generation Crypto Mining

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:41:49 PM

a friend once told me about it when it was barely 0.1$. If I had invested then it would've been a x300 ROI. Sadly I didn't see the light lol

yurimir
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:49:10 PM

The project develops gradually, but the price does not react to it, and continues to downtrend. IMHO the growth of NANO will start when BTC starts to grow too.
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:41:44 PM

The project develops gradually, but the price does not react to it, and continues to downtrend. IMHO the growth of NANO will start when BTC starts to grow too.
The same we can say about any coin from top300. Now you can buy absolutely any. And I'm sure that it will be pumped after BTC rally up. Nano is good. I watch for Raiblocks but don't participate in the faucet. And now I'm sad  Cheesy
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:32:08 PM

There are a number of coins that seem better than bitcoin
or can perform bdtter than bitcoin but it comes down to adoption.

Its looking like there is nothing that can topple bitccoin.

Look at litecoin for example, it outperformed bitcoin in 2017
but it will never take the no. 1 spot.

Look at Ethereum as it becomes more successful its network
struggles and it is a long way off taking the top spot.
The fact that litecoin cannot overtake is not really a surprise since it is basically a copy and with ETH something different happens, many people are never going to forget the issue with the DAO that created the hard fork of ethereum so it is not really a surprise that ethereum cannot surpass bitcoin, but if a coin is truly better than bitcoin in all aspects including decentralization it will have a fair shoot but whether that happens or not will depend on the community.
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:14:19 AM

As far as I can tell personally, this project appears to be very much alive and progressing quite nicely. A lot of you think that marketing should be the #1 priority and I'm sure many of you just think that is the only way to help the price come back. That's understandable to some extent since many of us are looking at this as some sort of investment. However, this project is a long-term play, not some get-rich-quick scheme. This tech is so incredible that it is highly likely to survive even if the entire crypto market takes a further nosedive. I firmly believe NANO is going to change the world to some extent as to how we will transfer value in the coming years. What other coin can do what NANO can do?
Waitingforlightning

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Securix: Next Generation Crypto Mining

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:37:15 AM

Is NANO really the best crypto(currency) right now? As in pure currency, since it contains almost instant transcations speeds, has up to 7000 tx/s, no transaction fees, every wallet has a blockchain of its own and a very easy to set up a Node with the wallet meaning more decentralized network.

This puts it ahead of XRP in terms of decentralization, as well as XLM in tx/s and fee's. It basically should be able to replace Bitcoin since its better than it in every single way. Am I wrong? Are there downsides to NANO?

Arguments was there's no incentive to run a node on the NANO network but its very easy, simple and almost no cost to set up within the wallet.
I was a big fan of Nano, but I am really disappointed how the team handled bitgrail exchange hack situation. :/ Lost much money there. why no emergency fork?

did you sell, cause otherwise you didn't lose money. This coin still has massive potential, the tech hasn't changed and the future prospect is still very much there

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: