Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:35:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XSPEC x200 this year  (Read 2089 times)
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:18:37 PM

xspec is a scam, stay away from this shill hype coin.  Devs have a massive amount.

The Devs have kept no coins. Check you have the right coin, spectro and spectre are different coins.
I am new, but a claim like this needs proof, or it is just attempted fud.

There are always very negative statements about the crypto crystals that are developing very well and I really do not understand what they are using to say that. Currently XSPEC is growing very well and I think it could reach $ 10 in the next 2 months. It's really hard to increase 200 times this year and I'm not sure.

preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:18:11 AM

I believe that spectrecoin added tor, obfs4 and some wallet improvements, as well as tweaking ring sigs, and other relatively minor things. SDC did not have these.

Also, spectrecoin tor runs completely within the tor network. It does not use exit nodes. Exit nodes are a weakness, they could be compromised. Spectrecoin is unique, I believe it is the only coin that does this, other tor coins run through proxy.

Progress is slow, but the aim is to release stealth staking and mobile wallets this year. Richlist will be gone when stealth by default is introduced.

You will prob call me a shill, but I researched the coin, this is what I know.

It is a risk, but rewards could be big. Not sure about 200x though!

Not true, look in the top right corner of the Umbra wallet I posted on page 1, see the TOR button? right in the same place as the xspec TOR button Wink
shadow cash also has ring signatures, changing colour isn't a wallet improvement either, name these minor things please.

xspec is a scam, stay away from this shill hype coin.  Devs have a massive amount.

The Devs have kept no coins. Check you have the right coin, spectro and spectre are different coins.

Where is your proof? I can view the richlist and see 10 people hold 30% of xspec, I wonder who that is, the top holder has had no wallet activity for over 1 year and 33 days, it's not been on the market this long so my guess is that's the dev or atleast one of his wallet, be around $1.7 million at current price

42% of xspec is held by the top 20 wallets, check the richlist.

Please people just because you've bought it and you are wishful, doesn't mean you should start ignoring facts, best to be open minded about what you hold.

Any developer could take an open source project, change the colours, change the icon and rebrand it, it's not even a weekends work, then all you have to do is pay cryptopia to put it on their exchange and design a nice website, most have enough morels to not do this thankfully.
GuppyMan

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:30:57 AM

What do you think the future of XSPEC, will it do x200 this year or its just a hype coin?

Three months ago, ZClassic was at $1, went to $235 in Jan.

Is it good to hold this coin?
The biggest problem of this coin is most likely in marketing and financing. But the technical potential of the coin can be compared with the Monero, and the price is very low. Yes, and pumping from the mega bulls was not, so we are waiting for an increase until x10 and then on increasing.

opennera

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 08:48:52 AM

I will buy XSPEC again if the price down to 0.2$ as before pump and wait the new cycle  Cool
ducnguyen3293

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:53:57 AM

This is an extremely risky coin. But if dev made the commitment, then maybe x100  Smiley
Teagannr

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:05:12 AM

What a shot in the dark. I strongly don't recommend to listen any advices from topics like this. You may loose your money and give them to someone who made these posts.

Dan123456

Activity: 79
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:19:02 AM

I believe that spectrecoin added tor, obfs4 and some wallet improvements, as well as tweaking ring sigs, and other relatively minor things. SDC did not have these.

Also, spectrecoin tor runs completely within the tor network. It does not use exit nodes. Exit nodes are a weakness, they could be compromised. Spectrecoin is unique, I believe it is the only coin that does this, other tor coins run through proxy.

Progress is slow, but the aim is to release stealth staking and mobile wallets this year. Richlist will be gone when stealth by default is introduced.

Not true, look in the top right corner of the Umbra wallet I posted on page 1, see the TOR button? right in the same place as the xspec TOR button Wink
shadow cash also has ring signatures, changing colour isn't a wallet improvement either, name these minor things please.

xspec is a scam, stay away from this shill hype coin.  Devs have a massive amount.

Where is your proof? I can view the richlist and see 10 people hold 30% of xspec, I wonder who that is, the top holder has had no wallet activity for over 1 year and 33 days, it's not been on the market this long so my guess is that's the dev or atleast one of his wallet, be around $1.7 million at current price

42% of xspec is held by the top 20 wallets, check the richlist.

Please people just because you've bought it and you are wishful, doesn't mean you should start ignoring facts, best to be open minded about what you hold.

Any developer could take an open source project, change the colours, change the icon and rebrand it, it's not even a weekends work, then all you have to do is pay cryptopia to put it on their exchange and design a nice website, most have enough morels to not do this thankfully.

Not true, first change for xspec was tor by default. Shadowcash had an option, but required setup. It was not default. Xspec did not use shadowcash tor implementation. Every xspec wallet runs within the tor network, no proxy, no exit nodes.

No comment about obfs4, so I assume you agree this was added by xspec devs?

I cant list all the changes, but they are to do with syncing, bug fixes etc I believe, and making setup easier. Not just changing the graphics...

And I said tweaked ring sigs, not added them. They did something to make them slightly different, more secure.

You can go back and see the ICO transactions on the blockchain, all but 5% (1 million) were issued. These were sold quite early on to fund Devs. The Dev has access to very few xspec, as can be seen in the donation wallet. The donation wallet is used to pay the two Devs and the cryptopia listing fee.

The idea that a Dev holds the dead address is not true, and the project been going since early Jan 2017. If you search through the blockchain you will see all the ico transactions and the date. If the Dev had access to 1.5 million xspec do you not think they would use it to get it listed on big exchanges? Or spend some on marketing? Increase volume so they can actually try and sell their coins? Spectrecoin has very little money, hence two Devs, no paid marketing, and only one paid listing.

The distribution of coins is not a strength, it was a very poor ico that raised less that $20k. It is not uncommon for ico to have this distribution, although usually Devs do keep (and hold) a big % for themselves these days. The original Xspec team kept too few, sold too early and spent the proceeds on Devs.

At the time of ico, a lot of people called it a scam for forking shadowcash. But 3-4 months later shadowcash devs dumped the project anyway and started particl instead.

It's not a scam because of what you say, some is incorrect, but it is a risk. And has potential for big returns. I researched all this, and know a lot about the coin like any investor/supporter should. Your choice was not to invest, please respect that before calling a project a scam.
preshpr1nce

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:00:09 AM

I don't view obfs4 as any type of achievement, you can download open source code for obfs4 and implement it easy enough, 2 minutes on google and you can find code in most common languages, turning tor on by default vs via a switch = removing an if statement, TOR (thanks shadow cash) is the complex part here not obfs4

a donation wallet = you believe they can only have 1 wallet? back in December (use the waybackmachine on the richlist) you can see the top 5 held 25% of xspec

So just to clear up, they've added an authentication layer over TOR which is open and on the internet and removed an if statement? sorry people this must make the coin legit (ignore the sarcasm)

It's a scam... I'll eat my words if stealth staking comes out, feel free to bring this thread back when it happens and I'll admit I was wrong, pretty sure this won't happen though, over 1 year to implement this much work is a joke.

Tweaked ring sigs? explain please.. And as for bug fixes, got before and after examples or just taking the 1 devs word for it?

No paid marketing? ever seen a coin shilled like this one from Jr members? either some ones got a ton of time or...

Thanks atleast for putting up some form of an argument, sure beats the standard replies in these type of threads but I'm sorry doesn't cut it for me, Most mid level developers putting in as little as an hour a week would achieve more than xspec has.

wouldn't get stealth staking done with such a lack of effort.
bboyjohn

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:24:34 AM

Are you crazy? No coin can make 200x in any given year. If there is a coin that can do it, it is a name that has never been heard.
xspex is a coin known and spoken by everyone and its impossible Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Dan123456

Activity: 79
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:51:34 AM

I don't view obfs4 as any type of achievement, you can download open source code for obfs4 and implement it easy enough, 2 minutes on google and you can find code in most common languages, turning tor on by default vs via a switch = removing an if statement, TOR (thanks shadow cash) is the complex part here not obfs4

a donation wallet = you believe they can only have 1 wallet? back in December (use the waybackmachine on the richlist) you can see the top 5 held 25% of xspec

So just to clear up, they've added an authentication layer over TOR which is open and on the internet and removed an if statement? sorry people this must make the coin legit (ignore the sarcasm)

It's a scam... I'll eat my words if stealth staking comes out, feel free to bring this thread back when it happens and I'll admit I was wrong, pretty sure this won't happen though, over 1 year to implement this much work is a joke.

Tweaked ring sigs? explain please.. And as for bug fixes, got before and after examples or just taking the 1 devs word for it?

No paid marketing? ever seen a coin shilled like this one from Jr members? either some ones got a ton of time or...

Thanks atleast for putting up some form of an argument, sure beats the standard replies in these type of threads but I'm sorry doesn't cut it for me, Most mid level developers putting in as little as an hour a week would achieve more than xspec has.

wouldn't get stealth staking done with such a lack of effort.

Thanks for the reply, so stealth staking. We wait and see Smiley

There is only one donation address, as it goes back quite a way.  There is Def a whale who has been accumulating, but that does not mean it is the devs, these coins have been bought. A whitepaper is being written, so that will hopefully explain changes made so far.

Anyway, I too cannot believe that conversations about coins in general on here are sometimes limited to "it's a scam" or "it's going to moon".

Calling coins scams isn't helpful, a higher risk investment is not a scam, a rival coin is not a scam. A coin you bought is not going to go x200 because you agreed on a forum post.

But even worse are twitter polls saying stuff like "which coin would you use for anonymity and privacy transactions today" and you get xvg and deeponion in top three.
Xvg doesn't have ringsigs, deep onion doesnt have stealth or ring sigs. So a vote like that is completely pointless, pure lies.

For me, spectrecoin is a functioning privacy coin, so that is a good start for a privacy coin investment. I have come here because do hope to have better quality discussions. I can assure you I am not a paid shiller Smiley for any of my coins

djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:39:09 AM

it's not the only coin that does that. Again, the umbra wallet did that and there are many other coins that have integrated meek and obfs bridges. These tor bridges are open source and a good dev can implement these in any wallet with a few weeks of work. It's really not a big deal.A lot of people on this forum shilling various shitcoins are go tell you other wise, but tor integration is a wallet feature, not a coin feature. I could do that do to ANY coin with a few weeks of work.

Again I'm not saying XSPEC is a shitcoin. If they deliver on stealth staking they are going to be revolutionary. If they don't it will go straight to 0. Not much middle ground.
gunner833

Activity: 73
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:00:05 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 12:32:59 PM by gunner833
Merited by preshpr1nce (2)

This is what they mean by tweaking ring signatures:

https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre/commit/df2535113495145cbed015a7ceae572020903da3

look at src/qt/walletmodel.cpp, 30 characers repetead twice.

It's embarassing only mentioning it. I mean guys, github is public, why don't you stop repeating the words you listen around and check yourself?

Why 1.4 code is not public on github in a separate branch yet? jbg promised it multiple times and never done it, more than a month has passed now.

Guess why he hasn't done it?
gunner833

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:15:08 PM

Ah, and this one:

https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre/commit/f22bac358d048fa43d48c44d9f414f83f0c97298

note he removed also the comment "and harms the network", made by the original developers  Cheesy so probably that change is not even good!
preshpr1nce

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:32:59 PM

This is what they mean by tweaking ring signatures:

https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre/commit/df2535113495145cbed015a7ceae572020903da3

look at src/qt/walletmodel.cpp, 30 characers repetead twice.

It's embarassing only mentioning it. I mean guys, github is public, why don't you stop repeating the words you listen around and check yourself?

Why 1.4 code is not public on github in a separate branch yet? Promised and never done, more than a month has passed now.

If this is the change this makes me think scam even more, why on earth would some one advertise this as a change?
They've changed the timeout for the connectSignal function from 500 to 200 milliseconds (absolutely nothing change), changed the version number, moved some init code up and called connectSignals after this instead of before

And this is the most interesting one to me
if (!wallet->AddAnonInputs(RING_SIG_2
Changed to
if (!wallet->AddAnonInputs(nRingSize == 1 ? RING_SIG_1 : RING_SIG_2

nRingSize == 1 ? RING_SIG_1 : RING_SIG_2
=
if nRingSize is 1 then use 1 else use 2

They've actually not improved anything but taken a step backward, Shadow Cash = enforced a ring size of 2, XSPEC allows for a ring size of 1, 1 = weaker anonymity than 2, I believe Monero has a minimum of 5 for it's ring size, higher ring size = slower speeds/more secure, lower ring size = faster/less secure.

Also about 2 minutes max worth of coding involved in these "changes"

Depending on the replies, if I feel the need I'll dig more through the code and show their scam some more, I might see if I can find their changes relating to obfs4

Also to Dan123456, I'm not accusing you of being a shill, just others Smiley

preshpr1nce

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:33:51 PM

Ah, and this one:

https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre/commit/f22bac358d048fa43d48c44d9f414f83f0c97298

note he removed also the comment "and harms the network", made by the original developers  Cheesy so probably that change is not even good!

Ah I was writing my last reply as you posted this, funny isn't it.
gunner833

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:35:51 PM

preshpr1nce, if you haven't, read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2839833.0

I did a in depth research of all his commits. There is almost nothing apart of library updates and UI changes, in 9 months.
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:37:02 PM

10x is more than feasible. XSPEC remains a crypto that I'm extremely bullish on

Dont think too much because you can be easily regret with your activity.
2x is more than enough for us to gain profit. If we talk too high profit dont forget also about higher risk.

preshpr1nce

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:48:52 PM
Merited by gunner833 (1)

preshpr1nce, if you haven't, read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2839833.0

I did a in depth research of all his commits. There is almost nothing apart of library updates and UI changes, in 9 months.

Thanks mate, good to see other people with a bit of knowledge showing it on here, we have top level members on here who believe in this coin, it blows my mind, this one to me as a developer is as clear scam as it gets, seeing a detrimental change being advertise as an enhancement sums it up, makes me wonder if the xspec developer even understands the basics of ring signatures, I'll dig through the commits some more and get more in depth if I have to, but your post sums it up nicely.

Very very sad for the forum when I see such senior members believing in this even when given 10/10 proof it's a scam, that's the biggest let down in all of this for me.

Also we gave way too much credit on him even taking open source obfs4, check this out

if (stat("obfs4proxy.exe", &sb) == 0 && sb.st_mode & S_IXUSR) {
      clientTransportPlugin = "obfs4 exec obfs4proxy.exe";
    }
#else
    if ((stat("obfs4proxy", &sb) == 0 && sb.st_mode & S_IXUSR) || !std::system("which obfs4proxy")) {
      clientTransportPlugin = "obfs4 exec obfs4proxy";

It just keeps getting better! he's taken obfs4proxy.exe from the Tor browser installation!

I am now willing to do an escrow bet with any one on here for 1 whole BTC that SpectreCoin (XSPEC) will not produce stealth staking, who's up for it? we will say end of 2018 seeing as the roadmap says Q2 2018
gunner833

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:07:06 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 02:29:21 PM by gunner833

Well the bet can be closer. 1.4 should have been released end of Feb. Of course it didn't happen. Since my post (end of Jan) jbg promised more than once to make 1.4 code (work in progress) public on github, to clear some doubts, and he never did. 1.4 should include *months* of development. Guess why he didn't?

jbg is just buying time, probably so he can dump his coins. Problem is there are not many buy orders on exchanges, so he needs a lot of time. He will try to keep this going for as long as he can.

tuansemazi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:16:25 PM

I don't think it x200 because when it raise 200$ then cap market is 4 bilion. This is cap market of coin top 15 but i think it can raise x50-x100!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: