Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:18:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it wrong...  (Read 6996 times)
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 01:56:57 PM

If you get to the point where you can't take it anymore, just walk out your door, stick out your thumb, and see where you end up.  Some times a hard turn can get you out of a rut.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

July 20, 2011, 02:32:01 PM

Is it wrong to end your life even though it will hurt those who somehow happen to value you?

Yesterday you said:

"The only freedom that is to be respected is a sentient organism's ability to sustain. Life shall sustain without hindrance nor according to the whims of another. Neither misfortune nor ill shall entitle a man to another."

So I guess you admit you're wrong?

Yes it's wrong, get some help.
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 02:45:05 PM

For the love of Ayn Rand just get fucking medicated already, you clearly need it.

Also, actually take the damn medications. You are clearly either manic depressive or bipolar, so don't stop taking them every time you have an upswing or downswing.
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

Your Minion

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 03:27:20 PM

For the love of Ayn Rand just get fucking medicated already, you clearly need it.

Also, actually take the damn medications. You are clearly either manic depressive or bipolar, so don't stop taking them every time you have an upswing or downswing.

Ignore this Atlas and don't take any medication. Reason I don't recommend professional help is they have folks like JeffK thinking magical pills from advertisement in every media format being prescribed by professional's with pockets laced with corporate cash will some how fix your issue.

Check out the book Illusion's by Richard Bach

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 04:00:28 PM

You are a valuable member of this community, and I hope you realize that so you start feeling proud of what you're doing.

It's 10X better to try to create something, as you have been doing, and make a couple small mistakes, then not try at all. The mistakes you've made have been really negligible, and you've gotten way too much flak for it.

For example you put the bitcoin subreddit for sale, and you immediately took the sale down once you got complaints about it, yet people are acting as if you did some horrible thing that reflects badly on you. It's ridiculous that people are reacting this way when you demonstrated that you are willing to quickly learn from your mistakes and change your ways when a mistake has been brought to your attention.

PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 04:06:10 PM

Is it wrong to end your life even though it will hurt those who somehow happen to value you?

Yes, it's wrong.  We aren't talking a minor annoyance. we are talking about a permanent hurt that will leave a hole in the heart of everyone who loves you for the rest of their life.  

Seek a therapist, or seek a religion, seek out someone to love, look for new hobbies or experiences.   Life goes on, it gets better. <3

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 04:09:53 PM

Atlas, You know as well as I do that your life is yours...

But there are better ways to deal with your problems than quitting.

Haters gonna hate. Fuck 'em.
It's not the haters. I just don't feel like playing anymore. I haven't felt like playing more and more often. It's getting hard. I think I can keep going. I can presume I will feel like living soon. I hope.

If you're getting to the point where you're considering suicide, at least order some LSD, mushrooms, or MDMA from the Silk Road and have a few good trips first. Worst case scenario, it provides no additional insight and you kill yourself with a few more experiences under your belt. Best case scenario, you gain a new perspective on life and find a reason to live.

To answer your question, no I do not think it is morally wrong, but from an outside perspective it is stupid and wasteful. It's your life to live or end, but ending it will hurt those that care about you.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 04:43:13 PM

You're going to die anyways. Why rush the inevitable? At least if you stick around you have the chance to have some fun.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:39:45 PM

Why not join Plato on his Bitcoin roadtrip (if that's still underway)? You'd do some cool and enjoyable things with like-minded people.
TeraPool

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:46:10 PM

Atlas, You know as well as I do that your life is yours...

But there are better ways to deal with your problems than quitting.

Haters gonna hate. Fuck 'em.
It's not the haters. I just don't feel like playing anymore. I haven't felt like playing more and more often. It's getting hard. I think I can keep going. I can presume I will feel like living soon. I hope.

Are you claiming you are going to kill yourself?

If so, call the hospital or the police.

P.S. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with your ex 22 yr old girlfriend I saw you posting about on reddit... chicks can really mess a guy up, trust me I know, but they are not worth that much.
JeffK

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 11:14:49 PM

Ignore this Atlas and don't take any medication. Reason I don't recommend professional help is they have folks like JeffK thinking magical pills from advertisement in every media format being prescribed by professional's with pockets laced with corporate cash will some how fix your issue.

Check out the book Illusion's by Richard Bach

Brain chemistry is not some dark art where "magic pills" dictate your behavior, you fucking nutbag. The kid probably does need medication to even out his abnormal mood swings. Yeah, the fact that medications are allowed to be advertised for in America is not a good thing, but most of the drugs on the market today have years of studies behind them that confirm their effectiveness.

Don't ever tell people they shouldn't take medication prescribed to them, especially when it could help someone like Atlas, who is clearly unstable, have a much more enjoyable life, you fucking tinfoil-hat wearing nutcase.
JeffK

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 11:22:55 PM

Also Atlas, stop setting such impossibly high goals for yourself. You are 17, you are not supposed to have accomplished much at this point in your life, you are right on track. Learn to accept that everyone is a dumb teenager at 17, even yourself, and that includes all the terrible get-rich-quick schemes that comes with it.

You will never become some bizarre Randian superhuman that creates impossible new metals and physics-breaking devices, but that's OK because it is normal.

Go down to the town pool and go swimming. Dig up some old N64 games. Go skateboard in a park.

Quit hanging around with this forum full of paranoids and go be 17, for fuck's sake.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 11:24:44 PM

Don't ever tell people they shouldn't take medication prescribed to them, especially when it could help someone like Atlas, who is clearly unstable, have a much more enjoyable life, you fucking tinfoil-hat wearing nutcase.

Wow! Did someone skip his meds today? Wink

(Yes, Atlas, If the doc gives you something to even your moods, FFS take them. MtGox is enough rollercoaster, you don't need two)

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 11:35:26 PM

I'd like to second the Silk Road suggestion, that stuff has certainly improved my life. You're young and the world is changing for the better! Give it a chance!
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 11:36:29 PM

I've lost a lot of friends to cancer, drugs and suicide. I have absolutely no respect for this boo hoo cry baby shit. Be a man and take medication so you can be receptive to counselling. Or shut the fuck up permanently.

Edit: I have DMT if you want it. Free, just have to give me a few days to extract. Or buy it on Silk Road like everyone's suggesting. You need some perspective in your diet.
digigalt

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 11:45:18 PM

We don't agree on anything, but I would never want another human being to end their own life just because we disagree on the Internet.

Off Topic:

digigalt, I have the following to add to another discussion, but the the quote button is missing on that thread:

Winston Churchill was once informed that one should not end a sentence with a preposition. His response was, That is the sort of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put.

The keyword is "pedantry" you used. Hint: Atlas

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and it's not relevant to this thread, anyway.
LokeRundt

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 12:05:35 AM

Having also lived in Texas for the first 21 years of my life, I feel you.  Place made me want to commit suicide too. 

If you decide to go out to vacation/get away, try anyplace but Oklahoma

Hippy Anarchy
*shrug*
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 12:41:27 AM

Seriously. Try a little roadtrip or something before you make a decision with such finality. I find myself picking up and changing my whole life every four or five years cause I fall into a rut. Move to the other side of the country...hell, move OUT of the country. A change of scenery is the best way to see it's beauty.
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 12:43:50 AM

Brain chemistry is not some dark art where "magic pills" dictate your behavior, you fucking nutbag. The kid probably does need medication to even out his abnormal mood swings. Yeah, the fact that medications are allowed to be advertised for in America is not a good thing, but most of the drugs on the market today have years of studies behind them that confirm their effectiveness.

You are aware suicide rates are higher for teens on medication than without. What's far worse is too be on them and swing back and forth not taking them as prescribed. I agree if Atlas is swinging on and off medication he needs to stop that whether taking them or not. Well aware of the psychiatric field and it's practices having a mother that worked in psychiatric ER and currently head of the county's drug rehabilitation center. Myself having been on the client side of those through out my teenage/young adult years and later helping those causes through various means. I speak with empathy and real knowledge of the situation Atlas speaks of. Spouting off the same old one solution fits all that's picked up from the tube is what causes folks to fall through the cracks of the system. I'm glad to agree with you on the prescription drug issue to a degree however you easily forget your pusher will always show you whats needed for the sale.

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 12:49:06 AM

You are aware suicide rates are higher for teens on medication than without.

I hate to over simplify it, but that sounds like it's because kids who take meds have a problem, kids who don't take meds are fine.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: