Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:47:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to calculate profit  (Read 1452 times)
ttking

Activity: 324
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:22:57 PM

I think that you did something wrong that's why you earned so little money but maybe this was just bad luck. I don't have a calculator now with me but it seems that the profit is less than $40. It seems to me that it was bad experience

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:09:54 PM

So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?
You just wrote that you invested when coin was at 10.400 and you sold at the same price so you didn't earn anything, you need to buy lower and say higer, like you buy when it was 10k and you sell when its price was 11k$.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:27:32 PM

Look what the price of buy and sell. Seems you have nothing to gain, buying and selling atvthe same price will not cause any profit. If you want investment look for a cheaper one that has a high possibility to go pump. Then sell  more than your buy order to make profit. Note  that dont buy any currency without good basis, to avoid scam or lost of money

tuturutmunding

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:47:58 PM

in investing the initial purchase or basic capital as small as possible in the trade for the next day can be sold at high prices therein lies the advantage gained
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:33:27 PM

Perhaps you misjudged the value, if you want to feel your profit, we have to focus from your capital. Record each day of capital + profit hat you got. Then your $ 100 start-up capital and you have $ 10 profit. Then your capital tomorrow $ 110 and so on. When we make a profit on that day you should be grateful for it, don't feel greedy no matter what. The target that day for you enough and continue tomorrow. But when you get a profit don't buy coins right away tomorrow to start again with another coins that potentially pump.

Smack 1

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:38:41 PM

So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?
look at your buying and selling prices if you buy at $ 10,400 and sell them at the same price you will not get any profit. it looks like you are bad at investing. my advice if you want to get profit in investing you have to buy when the token price at the lowest peak and hold until the token price is higher than the initial price you buy. for example you buy a coin at the price of $ 10k and you sell it at the price of $ 11k you will get profit, from the money you invest.

Safein.com                     
M A K E   I T   S I M P L E

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:48:13 PM

You minus the value you get from selling and then minus it on the 100$ that you used to buy bitcoin. Let's say when you sell the btc you had from the 100$ that you invest is 200$ then 200$-100$ equal to 100$ therefore your profit is 100$. That is one way to compute for the total profit you had for your investment.
The calculation of profit is as simple as we think it is the selling price minus the purchase price, then we will have a certain deviation or also the profit we get from the investment bitcoin or other currencies
Pemburu dollar

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:16:24 PM

You earned $4 within that certain period of time.

I think you have to learn how you can maximize your money while trading so you have to learn about candle charts or how to read charts, how to decide what price we should sell or buy depending on the history of the market or judge your decision while understanding the real demand and supply in certain crypto currency markets, the more you trade the more experience you will accumulate and the more profits you get so do not hesitate to make mistakes.
I do not get you, it's just simple math even you've taught in your math class.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:23:47 PM

What? Why would you sell it for an equal price in the first place? You will be deducted by fees because of that.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:28:33 PM

I think that you did something wrong that's why you earned so little money but maybe this was just bad luck. I don't have a calculator now with me but it seems that the profit is less than $40. It seems to me that it was bad experience

Calculating the profits are very simple you can list the profits by using this way  subtract the total that you have your nerdy from investment with how much you invest in it simple way to find the profits that you have earned
PayneCharity

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:31:19 PM

If you sell at a price when you buy, you will lose a small amount. That is the transaction fee on the exchange. If you use Bittrex exchange, you will lose more transaction fees than Binance exchange
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:35:51 PM

Just multiply your current bitcoin holdings to the number of the price today or the value of the bitcoins then you can get the computation of your profit that easily.

bowals

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 03:38:04 PM

Nothing if you sell them back at $10,400  Roll Eyes you will rather have to pay some fees for the trades. Ok, I know it is a typing mistake, so I'm just messing with you.
You can calculate your profit by the grown percentage of price. Let's say if the price is at $10k and you invest $100, and the price gets a little movement to reach $10,100 by tomorrow. It means the price has grown 1% since you invested, so your profit would be 1% of what you invested, which if you've invested $100 would be $1. All you need to do is to remember the starting price and then see the current price at the time of selling and then calculate the percentage of growth. Apply that percentage to your invested amount and you will come to know how much your investment have gained by now. It is actually quite complicated but you can do it if you know basic mathematics.

you'd equally have to factor in exchanger fees with most set at 0.5% thereby cutting the profit to 0.5%
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:43:12 PM

I just heard about buying low and selling high and selling low, but I never thought that there would be buyers and sellers at the same price. That action is for silly and lack of thinking

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
rat03gopoh

Activity: 2086
Merit: 639

Your keys your responsibility

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 03:43:29 PM

Profit = output - input
              $104 -$100
            = $4

You earned $4 within that certain period of time. Smiley Willing to be corrected if i'm wrong.

You're right with your calculations, it's just your calculation if it does not include the fees of all kinds. However low capital will have very little profit because it has to pay various fees until the money gets handled.

▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██ ▄█▀▓█████▓██   ██▓  ██████   
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒    ██▄█▒ ▓█   ▀ ▒██  ██▒▒██    ▒   
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓███▄░ ▒███    ▒██ ██░░ ▓██▄     
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▓██ █▄ ▒▓█  ▄  ░ ▐██▓░  ▒   ██▒ 
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ▒██▒ █▄░▒████▒ ░ ██▒▓░▒██████▒▒ 
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ▒ ▒▒ ▓▒░░ ▒░ ░  ██▒▒▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░ 
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░   ░ ░▒ ▒░ ░ ░  ░▓██ ░▒░ ░ ░▒  ░ ░ 
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░    ░ ░░ ░    ░   ▒ ▒ ░░  ░  ░  ░   
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░        ░  ░      ░  ░░ ░           ░   
 ░ ░                                                 ░ ░                 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄██▀▀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀▀▀█▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄█▀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐▀█▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐████████████⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████████████▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█████████████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▐⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▄██▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀███████████⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀██▌⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀███▄▄▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀██▀▀██▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀▐▀███▀▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▌⠀⠀▄██⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀██▀██▀██▀██▀████▄⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀▀█▀▀▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀█⠀█▀█▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀`⠀⠀▄⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀▀▐▀██▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀█⠀⠀▀██████▄▄⠀⠀█▀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀██⠀▄⠀⠀⠀`▀███⠀█⠀▀▀██████▄⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀▄███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀▀▀▄▄⠀⠀▀████▀▄⠀▀██████▄▄▄█▄█████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀▐███▄█⠀▄⠀▀▀█████████▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████▄▀⠀⠀▀▀▀▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▌▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▀███▀▀⠀⠀▐█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██▀███  ▓█████   ██████  ██▓███   ▒█████   ███▄    █   ██████  ██▓ ▄▄▄▄    ██▓ ██▓     ██▓▄▄▄█████▓▓██   ██▓
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒   ▓██ ▒ ██▒▓█   ▀ ▒██    ▒ ▓██░  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██ ▀█   █ ▒██    ▒ ▓██▒▓█████▄ ▓██▒▓██▒    ▓██▒▓  ██▒ ▓▒ ▒██  ██▒
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓██ ░▄█ ▒▒███   ░ ▓██▄   ▓██░ ██▓▒▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▀█ ██▒░ ▓██▄   ▒██▒▒██▒ ▄██▒██▒▒██░    ▒██▒▒ ▓██░ ▒░  ▒██ ██░
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▒██▀▀█▄  ▒▓█  ▄   ▒   ██▒▒██▄█▓▒ ▒▒██   ██░▓██▒  ▐▌██▒  ▒   ██▒░██░▒██░█▀  ░██░▒██░    ░██░░ ▓██▓ ░   ░ ▐██▓░
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ░██▓ ▒██▒░▒████▒▒██████▒▒▒██▒ ░  ░░ ████▓▒░▒██░   ▓██░▒██████▒▒░██░░▓█  ▀█▓░██░░██████▒░██░  ▒██▒ ░   ░ ██▒▓░
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░░░ ▒░ ░▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░▒▓▒░ ░  ░░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░ ▒░   ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░░▓  ░▒▓███▀▒░▓  ░ ▒░▓  ░░▓    ▒ ░░      ██▒▒▒
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░     ░▒ ░ ▒░ ░ ░  ░░ ░▒  ░ ░░▒ ░       ░ ▒ ▒░ ░ ░░   ░ ▒░░ ░▒  ░ ░ ▒ ░▒░▒   ░  ▒ ░░ ░ ▒  ░ ▒ ░    ░     ▓██ ░▒░
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░      ░░   ░    ░   ░  ░  ░  ░░       ░ ░ ░ ▒     ░   ░ ░ ░  ░  ░   ▒ ░ ░    ░  ▒ ░  ░ ░    ▒ ░  ░       ▒ ▒ ░░
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░           ░        ░  ░      ░               ░ ░           ░       ░   ░   ░       ░      ░  ░ ░            ░ ░   
 ░ ░                                                                                                            ░                           ░ ░     
bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:02:25 PM

I just heard about buying low and selling high and selling low, but I never thought that there would be buyers and sellers at the same price. That action is for silly and lack of thinking

in my opinion to calculate profit earned, we must see the price of people who want to buy and volume and fee. you can insert assets held on usual calculator at the top, from which the results will appear. it is possible also suppose the volume is not sufficient you will sell with different prices
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:07:53 PM

Just multiply your current bitcoin holdings to the number of the price today or the value of the bitcoins then you can get the computation of your profit that easily.

Well if he buy at 10400 and sell at same price as he mentioned then it could be only a loss as he would even had to pay the transaction fees of the exchange. Unless he has typed the wrong figure then calculation may vary. Also do include all the cost incurred while buying and selling to get the right calculation.
super5star

Activity: 313

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:52:49 AM

Lol… I don’t even understand what you’re talking about. You invested $100 at the price rate of $10,400 and sold when it’s also at the rate of $10,400…then you have no profit 😂, well… And no loss too. What you will be getting is that same $100 that you invested, unless the price happens to go up above that $10,400 at which you invested. Let’s say that it gets up to $15000 then you will be able to make profit, but if it goes down, that’s loss.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:57:16 AM

The question is weird. How can you buy at 10400 USD and claim that it raised to 10400 USD. I mean its the same value. You might even have losses since you have to pay transaction fees and such. But if you want to knw how much you earned you just look at how much for the same volume today and compare the price from when you bought them.

funnynews

Activity: 278

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:50:48 AM

I am not doing so deep so I would calculate my profit only by those money that I get from and put into my wallet

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: