Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:20:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to calculate profit  (Read 1454 times)
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:23:11 PM

I think in every exchange, we can see our trading history for each coin so we can calculate how much profit that we get. for example, if you have an account in the poloniex, you can open your trading history, click on one coin, and then you can see that how much your average buy price, you can see that how much Satoshi that you need to make to earn green positive color or to earn a profit. this is simple if you want to check on your trading history so you can find how much profit for each coin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Lagrood

Activity: 728
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:36:23 PM

Your message is incorrect because digits are wrong as it seems for me because $10,400 - $10,400 = 0 in this case you do not have any profit and even more you spend some money for the commission.
You would better to figure out with specification of an asset which you trade and pay attention on a price step and a min lot.
DMCR lah

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:55:31 PM

Every company is required to document the company's financial history formally. If you can do this, it's usually easier to calculate your retained earnings over the period by using figures from the official report to find out how much retained earnings on a given date, net profit, and paid dividends, than if you had to manually calculate . The retained earnings of the company up to the last listing period will be shown in the balance sheet, while the net income of the company will be shown in the income statement for the current period.
For example, for example at the end of 2011 your business has retained cumulative retained earnings of Rp512 million. During 2012, your business generates a net profit of Rp21.5 million and pays dividends of Rp 5.5 million. The final balance of retained earnings from your business is:
Rp21,5 million - Rp5,5 million = Rp16 million
Rp512 million + Rp16 million = Rp528 million
So, your business already has retained earnings of Rp528 million.
Gila uang

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:55:58 PM

in investing the initial purchase or basic capital as small as possible in the trade for the next day can be sold at high prices therein lies the advantage gained

I think you have to learn how you can maximize your money while trading so you have to learn about candle charts or how to read graphs, how to decide what price we should sell or buy depending on the history of the market or judge your decision while understanding the real demand and supply in certain crypto currency markets, the more you trade the more experiences you will accumulate and the more profits you get so do not hesitate to make mistakes.
it's just simple math even you've taught in your math class.
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:50:06 PM

It's a ridiculous question. how much did you deposit? and now how much money do you have? what's the difference between the two? Is that your answer to your problem?
funnynews

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:15:34 PM

I think after the price past the buy position then we can calculate how much profit we get, but with market conditions are red and lower than when buying then hold or trading is the thing we have to do.

Much easier is to calculate your profit from the selling price of the tokens on your wallet right now, like for what amount you can sell them if you would sell them right now. And this is the key.

btc78

Activity: 2548
Merit: 216

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:28:40 PM

I never calculate my profit i just put them all to folio specially bitcoin once i sold my pumping coin i will convert this to bitcoin right away since i have my compensation from my regular work so all my income in crypto as being gathered together

And besides why need to calculate when this is not your main source of income,unless youre a full time cryptonians then the answer is different

Maame Esi Sergio

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 12:48:41 PM

Did you really entered the figures well? Okay, the i guess you have no profit. You will only withdraw you hundred dollars back since the price at which you bought them was the same price you sold them. Simple business mathematics. Profit = Selling Price - Cost Price. You can do the deductions and you will get to know your profit.
Lostchickens102

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:38:58 PM

For me I would compute it the simplest way possible. For example, I add all expenses that I have made when buying coins using fiat currency until it reaches  the wallet on cryptocurrency exchanges and multiply it by two. This is for the sending back process to fiat. Now if I am going to sell my coins it should be more than the expenses that I have computed in advance. By deducting I wil know how much did I gain.
ainajane11

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:47:46 PM

So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?

You don't get any profit as what you have said u gain nothing since the price still at $10,400. And if you going to sell it then you will just loss some because of the transaction fee.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:56:28 PM

So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?
why are you calculating your profit first ,instead of finding more another kind of profitable coins that can give you more profits,maybe you have a right to count your profits,but in this situation,i think you cannot gain profits instead you loss a small amount of your investment,because you only buy $10,400 and you sell its in the same price and you paid a processing fee in the exchange when you doing transaction,therefore those amount  that you invest will getting a certain amount of paid in transaction pay you've done.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
hexline11

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:01:28 PM

You don't get any profit as what you have said u gain nothing since the price still at $10,400. And if you going to sell it then you will just loss some because of the transaction fee.

If you buy with 100$ the price of your BTC will have reduced. To gain profit the price of BTC should be at $11,000.
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:07:04 PM

Investments in knowledge always yield the greatest profit.
                                                                                    Benjamin Franklin.
vegethegreat

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:43:03 PM

The basic computation to check your profit is to determine your gross income minus the capital & expense, or the other way is selling price less buying price. Selling price should always higher than to your the buying price. So obviously in your case you don't have any profit.
funnynews

Activity: 278

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:14:32 AM

I have chose the easiest way, I calculate my profit only from the money that I get from crypto currency and turn it to fiat, so if I have them in my physical wallet I count it as income my real. Only in that case.

geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:48:00 AM

Suppose an android phone purchased at a price of Rp.2.000.000, - then resold at a price of Rp.2.300.000, -. Then sales profits can be calculated in the following way.
Profit = 2,300,000 - 2,000,000 = 300,000
So the sales profit is Rp.300.000, -
Simple as ABC. Unfortunately in the case of the OP, he is not even making any profit at all since he is selling back for the same amount. I would have actually called that break-even but for the fact that he is going to be paying some transaction or trading fee, apparently, he is going to be at a little loss which would depend on the trading fee of the exchange he has decided to use.

This is basics, which anyone should know at this stage and for someone that could open an account on this forum, should simply be a teenager or an adult, and asking this kind of question? #SIGHS!#
It is a very easy thing to calculate your profit if you know how to make profit which is not easy for which you need a little struggle. You should learn to handle and run your crypto investment and if your desire place is the Bitcoin then you should know that this is a long term investment. You will make money here by investing in it in its low market so that at the end you get maximum profit.
boksoon

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:51:34 AM

Sir, let the Blockchain market calculate your income just make a proper business weather investment, trading or HODL to bitcoin, people are not given the exact or specifically amount  because it depends upon the trend of market, just try to transact even a small amount of capital just for sample on how to do it.
alyssaxx

Activity: 193

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

In profit is being calculated by adding add all the expenses like materials used, labor, gas and other that is used and less it from the total amount gained that what's you called profit. In terms of crypto, it must be total amount you buy less from the current amount. That's why we can't sell our BTC  lower the amount we purchase it coz you'll be having a loss..
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:42:52 PM

Multiplication formula is just your problem but always remember to buy coins when the prices are low at the market then sell it again when it increases and always try to higher your patience like today because the market price is dumping in order to avoid losing a huge amount of your investment.
meandmrjones

Activity: 131
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:34:32 PM

You can refer to primary school math lessons.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: