Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 06:21:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to calculate profit  (Read 1454 times)
bakekang

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:48:54 PM

So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?
You gained no profit because you sold it the same amount when you purchased it.  You will gain profit if sold it with higher price. Total amount when you sold it less the amount when you purchased it and the fee equals profit(if possitive) (if negative then it will be net loss)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:23:51 PM

Suppose an android phone purchased at a price of Rp.2.000.000, - then resold at a price of Rp.2.300.000, -. Then sales profits can be calculated in the following way.
Profit = 2,300,000 - 2,000,000 = 300,000
So the sales profit is Rp.300.000, -
Simple as ABC. Unfortunately in the case of the OP, he is not even making any profit at all since he is selling back for the same amount. I would have actually called that break-even but for the fact that he is going to be paying some transaction or trading fee, apparently, he is going to be at a little loss which would depend on the trading fee of the exchange he has decided to use.

This is basics, which anyone should know at this stage and for someone that could open an account on this forum, should simply be a teenager or an adult, and asking this kind of question? #SIGHS!#
It is a very easy thing to calculate your profit if you know how to make profit which is not easy for which you need a little struggle. You should learn to handle and run your crypto investment and if your desire place is the Bitcoin then you should know that this is a long term investment. You will make money here by investing in it in its low market so that at the end you get maximum profit.

Simple! If you know math then, these problem might quite easy for us. But when you Invest In longterm In bitcoin you could be crazy of calculating your profits after It will arouse Its value, It just required patience of waiting and nothing else.
btctestcolets

Activity: 233
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:31:28 AM

What?! You will buy and sell at the same price? Are you serious? Doing so will cause you losses (due to fees) instead of profit.

If what you mean is that you buy lower than $10,400, assuming $10,000 then here's the solution (disregarding the presence of time), it's like a matter of proportionality.

Input/initial price = output/final price
$100/$10000 = X/$10400

X=$104

Profit = output - input
              $104 -$100
            = $4

You earned $4 within that certain period of time. Smiley Willing to be corrected if i'm wrong.

Well, basically to compute profit you only determine your earnings which is your selling then less your expenses incured including the btc price,taxes and other fees then the remaining amount is your profit.
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:42:19 AM

So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?

There are stuffs like this in the internet...
1.find out your COGS (cost of goods sold). For example $30.
2.find our your revenue (how much you sell these goods for, for example $50).
3.calculate the gross profit by subtracting costs from revenue. $50 - $30 = $20
4.divide gross profit by revenue: $20 / $50 = 0.4.
5.express it as percentages: 0.4 * 100 = 40%.
6.this is how you calculate profit margin... or simply use our gross margin calculator!

https://www.omnicalculator.com/business/margin
sepeda karat

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:04:03 AM

Every company is required to document the company's financial history formally. If you can do this, it's usually easier to calculate your retained earnings over the period by using figures from the official report to find out how much retained earnings on a given date, net profit, and paid dividends, than if you had to manually calculate . If you can not access the net profit value for sure, you can calculate the net income of a business by calculating it manually through a slightly longer process.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:34:41 AM

to calculate the profit you get just need to see from the results you get, where the exchange has given results and record all buy and sell transactions so it can see and calculate the benefits you get.
Dextroboy

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:37:45 AM

it will not benefit if you sell it for the same price even you lose money because of the cost of trade.

SiNeReiNZzz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043

αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 07:21:03 AM

it will not benefit if you sell it for the same price even you lose money because of the cost of trade.
It is really useless. Instead you will only pay for the fees and just waste your time, so better sell it on higher price so aside from you gain profit you also don't have to worry about the fee. That is why you need to be more patient in trading, because if not, you will only lose and you will regret in the end.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
alhaji142
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:14:46 PM

It is really useless. Instead you will only pay for the fees and just waste your time, so better sell it on higher price so aside from you gain profit you also don't have to worry about the fee. That is why you need to be more patient in trading, because if not, you will only lose and you will regret in the end.

Yeah exactly. All what he will be doing is to be donating money to the exchange is the form of fees. Buy low sell high. Don't buy high and sell low  Grin Grin
micheal34

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:38:35 PM

with the information and explanation above, there is zero profit for you, your capital remain the same, you haven't make a single profit when it move 1$ above $10,400 you can start counting profit.
Batask

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:29:45 PM

with the information and explanation above, there is zero profit for you, your capital remain the same, you haven't make a single profit when it move 1$ above $10,400 you can start counting profit.

Yes i agree with you mate, you loss some of your money, imagine you buy at that price, theres a percentage that you already loss, and you sell it in the same price, you cant get that loss anymore, if you want to calculate profit, make sure you sell the coins higher than its price, you but at $10400, sell it if it increas to $10500+, and if you want to calculate profit, what you earn now, just minus to the money that you invest, thats your profit.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:32:33 AM

Every company is required to document the company's financial history formally. If you can do this, it's usually easier to calculate your retained earnings over the period by using figures from the official report to find out how much retained earnings on a given date, net profit, and paid dividends, than if you had to manually calculate . The retained earnings of the company up to the last listing period will be shown in the balance sheet, while the net income of the company will be shown in the income statement for the current period.
For example, for example at the end of 2011 your business has retained cumulative retained earnings of Rp512 million. During 2012, your business generates a net profit of Rp21.5 million and pays dividends of Rp 5.5 million. The final balance of retained earnings from your business is:
Rp21,5 million - Rp5,5 million = Rp16 million
Rp512 million + Rp16 million = Rp528 million
So, your business already has retained earnings of Rp528 million.
A person can invest for short term and for long term but we have to choose currency which is favorable in these cases. The Altcoin, Litecoin and Neo are better for short term investment while the Bitcoin and Ethereum being valuable coins are favorable for long term investments. After successful investment all the money is yours to keep and then you know better how to calculate the profit.
fabrizoc

Activity: 386

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:58:31 AM

There are stuffs like this in the internet...
1.find out your COGS (cost of goods sold). For example $30.
2.find our your revenue (how much you sell these goods for, for example $50).
3.calculate the gross profit by subtracting costs from revenue. $50 - $30 = $20
4.divide gross profit by revenue: $20 / $50 = 0.4.
5.express it as percentages: 0.4 * 100 = 40%.
6.this is how you calculate profit margin... or simply use our gross margin calculator!

https://www.omnicalculator.com/business/margin
These are sensitive things but just speculative. You can’t just make a hundred percent surety about this profit calculation. Or if that can be possible for you, there aren’t enough certain chances for you to take this profit until you make hard efforts in a best possible way. Things can’t be just cleared in early stages of involvement in this world. It takes time and things would be getting better.

mcabrito

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:20:50 AM

Yes i agree with you mate, you loss some of your money, imagine you buy at that price, theres a percentage that you already loss, and you sell it in the same price, you cant get that loss anymore, if you want to calculate profit, make sure you sell the coins higher than its price, you but at $10400, sell it if it increas to $10500+, and if you want to calculate profit, what you earn now, just minus to the money that you invest, thats your profit.

Yes, this is the fastest way to calculate profit and I thing the margin profit is not important as long as we know that we earned profit from selling the coins higher than the price we bought it.
gowobonyok

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:27:50 AM

$ 10,400 to $ 10,400 is not yet a profit, so hold it first. if it has risen to $ 10,500, you have a new profit of $ 100.
kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:36:38 AM

The first is to say that bitcoin and technology. I believe the bible is a start of cryptocurrency. The first place, right to become rich internet applications, the future type of money in other say if we research and technology. I believe that they are respectable with a great mind. I believe in that
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:38:58 AM

No one in this global world would like to trade and lose at the end of the trading. Each and every one would like to maximize profit or gain to his or satisfaction. It is good to deal with all transaction so that the profit calculation would be a bit easier. Not long ago, I lost huge sums of money by buying a coin at a higher price and hodl thinking it’s price will rise for me to gain buy it never happened. I encourage all to trade with caution. 
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:57:20 AM

Calculating exact profit in a highly volatile investment is not advisable, especially if you are doing a short time investment, or multiple altcoin trading. It may be simple as capital minus gain minus fee, equals to profit, but it is not really not that simple. We expect a higher level of profit here in bitcoin. We expect a life changing profit like what the others have actually achieved. It takes time, and it makes your investment simpler than other investment that requires a lot of math to profit.
Smitt

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:48:43 PM

You will not get any profit if your selling price is as same as your first buying price. If it goes like that, you will only get your capital back. But if you, for example, first buying price at $10,400 then suddenly the price goes up to $10,600 you already get a little profit. From that side you can see that the price is up and down, profit or not, you know what choice you have to take. For me it is easy to see wether it is profitable or not, but to predict the price that is hard, but one thing for sure, you have to gain profit above your capital.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:12:06 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 09:28:36 AM by Roboabhishek

You gained no profit because you sold it the same amount when you purchased it.  You will gain profit if sold it with higher price. Total amount when you sold it less the amount when you purchased it and the fee equals profit(if possitive) (if negative then it will be net loss)

Calculating the profit is not that big of a deal as it's made in the thread.

It's easy you're buying bitcoin at price 10,000 and later the price of bitcoin increase up to 10,100 then you're in profit and its vice-versa is losing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: