Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:09:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYCs (Know your Client) is killing crypto  (Read 662 times)
Human_Copy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:41:59 AM

I heard that some bounty campaigns require the KYC in order to get tokens earned by participants. Usually the people do not trust their personal data to unknown third parties.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 10:59:46 AM

I heard that some bounty campaigns require the KYC in order to get tokens earned by participants. Usually the people do not trust their personal data to unknown third parties.

Yes and this KYC ICO or bounties should not be promoted they want to collect more data to be able to use those information and data in their hidden agenda because then have all the personal information and Identity verification of the person so they can mess the life of that person. I think this should be stop for the safety of the people that are using bitcoins and cryptos

sd
V-t.Ester

Activity: 532
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:24:48 PM

Being an incognito attracts people. Exchange markets and ICO managers understand this. However some of exchange houses provide verification and a lot of their clients stopped using them. The same is with ICO. I don't like this new rules with KYC in some bounties. No one knows what for they need personal information about their clients.

The ICO and exchange houses need KYC to comply with the regulation of their respective country. They just don't want their business to be effected by the government agencies. That is the reason why they need KYC data. While the exchange houses asking for KYC data is ok, I don't support ICOs asking for it. Even though they have regulations to comply with, but when we are not sure about their own identity, we don't feel comfortable to provide KYC to them. Because no one know what kind of scam it may open up later.
So,you mean, verification in exchange markets is normal? I don't have to afraid of it?
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:07:12 PM

You shouldn't be  worried about KYC. We have this forum. Everything we need is here. Eventually these scam ICOs will disappear along with those exchanges exploiting the public.
I doubt a forum can save a whole space that is much bigger than it. Don't think we wield that kind of power around here but I could wrong on the matter. In any case if KYC is pursued further, DEXs will flourish next and people will adapt.

bvc_Master

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:17:29 PM

Yes!This's a cryptocurrency and private space for payment!
blue_city

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:46:57 PM

Yes,i also think so
Government can use it to manage ico and cheater!
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:49:49 PM

When I was starting to get involved in crypto-currency, one of its features that attracts me is the privacy it gives you. Now with all those KYC being required in exchanges and in ICOs and other platforms, some people are beginning to be hesitant in their activities in crypto.

KYC is really a good thing because there are more people today who prefer on investing on a specific coin that has KYC because they believe that a platform that has a kyc has a higher rate of becoming successful more than an ico that is not required to have a KYC.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 07:53:23 PM

When I was starting to get involved in crypto-currency, one of its features that attracts me is the privacy it gives you. Now with all those KYC being required in exchanges and in ICOs and other platforms, some people are beginning to be hesitant in their activities in crypto.

Why would someone be hesitant if he's not doing illegal? Actually, it gives more credibility to the market and it helps us to prove that we are against money laundering and cryptocurrencies are not made to be used for drugs and other criminal activities.

I don't agree at all with that, I would not trust most of these exchanges with any of my personal information and documents. That's how you become a victim of identity theft.
Besides, KYC is a thing from the USA, I don't see why they need to impose it on the rest of the world.

I couldn't care less that Bitcoin is being used for illegal stuff, it's the same with cash, bank accounts etc.

edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 06:10:21 AM

Why would someone be hesitant if he's not doing illegal? Actually, it gives more credibility to the market and it helps us to prove that we are against money laundering and cryptocurrencies are not made to be used for drugs and other criminal activities.

I don't agree at all with that, I would not trust most of these exchanges with any of my personal information and documents. That's how you become a victim of identity theft.
Besides, KYC is a thing from the USA, I don't see why they need to impose it on the rest of the world.

I couldn't care less that Bitcoin is being used for illegal stuff, it's the same with cash, bank accounts etc.

yes KYC actually ruins the agenda of ethereum and bitcoin which provide n anonymous financial system

sd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: