Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CryptoLife.net - Hard hitting cryptocurrency news and analysis  (Read 9924 times)
Hazard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 03:00:49 PM

Scam Alert: Earthcoin

http://cryptolife.net/scam-alert-earthcoin

Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 04:52:31 PM

This week in crapcoins

http://cryptolife.net/this-week-in-crapcoins

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:09:40 PM

All of these coins are either scams, or so poorly put together that they have no future. The fact that some of them have forum threads well over 30 pages is extremely embarrassing for all involved.

+1

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:12:31 PM

Nice site. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:38:17 AM

New article about goldcoin.

http://cryptolife.net/goldcoin-the-scam-that-keeps-on-giving

Dedicated to you, rum. I hate all shadily launched coins equally. Smiley

A most enjoyable read - no arguments here! Cheesy thx

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
crypto_girl

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:31:34 PM

A lot of helpful advice on your site, but I'd like to hear your opinion on NXT.

Thanks!
Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:48:14 PM

Avoiding the next generation of crapcoins: http://cryptolife.net/avoiding-coins-created-with-coingen/

A lot of helpful advice on your site, but I'd like to hear your opinion on NXT.

Thanks!
Has dozens of extremely large holders that could crash the price to 0 if even one of them decides to cash out a small percentage of their holdings. It gets a big NO from me.

Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:53:52 PM

http://cryptolife.net/the-gimmicks-continue-say-hello-to-42/

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:45:48 PM

You would of thought "developers" would of realised pre-mines don't work anymore.

alz

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:40:42 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 04:22:06 PM by alz

It is really strange that the CryptoLife websites agenda is to mock all hype coins down, but no one said anything about Quark, Next or Mastercoin.
Seems like the Operator of this side has a agenda or is just spreading FUD.

+1

Next is the most sinister of all imo.
Centralised controlled currency was what we came here to get AWAY from FFS.........

BTC - 1GJ2dWf8WBznTtkuuof3WTBXQAULaqVGYj LTC - LTyCKKCGHJQZwsh5YhyzGeee4womQwChUU DASH - Xp5pq62dgJxmbhawyNtWMKT9Rst8JgNCY7
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:07:13 PM

Could you write a piece about iXcoin?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
skywave

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:20:32 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 09:08:21 PM by skywave

Well - I for one begin to be seriously fed-up with all those alt-coins.
I have been mining for some months now - even invested a 4 digit figure in equipment - only to realize that I will always be running for the last wagon in the train - unable to catch up because it is rolling forward faster than I can run...

It is only the developer(s) and those who join in the first few minutes, hours, of a coin release who will be the winners, with 100,000 - 1 mill - or even several mill coins in between them - the rest of us are the fools mining along and if we are lucky we get a few coins which are worthless.
Granted we can buy in with real, hard earned currency. But that's a gamble.

The big winners are those devs who start the coins - and most of them vehemently deny they have pre-mined it - no-one can really know. They all pack it in like 'promotion stock' and etc.
But fact is they can all scoop up who knows how many BTC for their 'effort'. The rest of us look like fools - 'trading' our meager satoshis for breadcrumbs, on the exchanges where the owner has been 'bribed' with x mill coins so he too can make some BTC from the little 'eager beaver' traders who think they will win bigtime..

No - the only winners are those devs of the coins and the owners of the exchanges - plus the makers of the mining equipment..

Also the whole BTC mining has gone too far..! It is OK that some who came in early get a bit extra out of it (pre-mine or preferential advantage is another question here - but I will let that hang in the wind).

But that the coin is built so that the difficulty is rising at a rate where only super-powerful equipment - out of reach to the little man - can participate, is plain wrong!

This means that it has already become a powerful controlling entity - when it was actually meant to be the opposite of the mighty governments controlling us.

I think it is highly overdue that someone brings the high-speed train to a slowdown in order for BTC not to end up becoming available only to the wealthy and insiders. If that happens (already a fact btw) - the BTC will surely be opposed by the man on the street.

He does not want another mighty power - out of reach to him - to control him.

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:39:05 PM

Well - I for one begin to be seriously fed-up with all those alt-coins.
I have been mining for some months now - even invested a 4 digit figure in equipment - only to realize that I will always be running for the last wagon in the train - unable to catch up because it is rolling forward faster than I can run...

It is only the developer(s) and those who join in the first few minutes, hours, of a coin release who will be the winners, with 100,000 - 1 mill - or even several mill coins in between them - the rest of us are the fools mining along and if we are lucky we get a few coins which are worthless.
Granted we can buy in with real, hard earned currency. But that's a gamble.

The big winners are those devs who start the coins - and most of them vehemently deny they have pre-mined it - no-one can really know. They all pack it in like 'promotion stock' and etc.
But fact is they can all scoop up who knows how many BTC for their 'effort'. The rest of us look like fools - 'trading' our meager satosis for breadcrumbs, on the exchanges where the owner has been 'bribed' with x mill coins so he too can make some BTC from the little 'eager beaver' traders who think they will win bigtime..

No - the only winners are those devs of the coins and the owners of the exchanges - plus the makers of the mining equipment..

Also the whole BTC mining has gone too far..! It is OK that some who came in early get a bit extra out of it (pre-mine or preferential advantage is another question here - but I will let that hang in the wind).

But that the coin is built so that the difficulty is rising at a rate where only super-powerful equipment - out of reach to the little man - can participate, is plain wrong!

This means that it has already become a powerful controlling entity - when it was actually meant to be the opposite of the mighty governments controlling us.

I think it is highly overdue that someone brings the high-speed train to a slowdown in order for BTC not to end up becoming available only to the wealthy and insiders. If that happens (already a fact btw) - the BTC will surely be opposed by the man on the street.

He does not want another mighty power - out of reach to him - to control him.

But the price of Bitcoin is irrelevant to be able to use it. It works if a coin is $1 or $1million. If you want $10 worth of coins to send you can regardless of the price. How is this only for the rich?

skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:44:02 PM

But the price of Bitcoin is irrelevant to be able to use it. It works if a coin is $1 or $1million. If you want $10 worth of coins to send you can regardless of the price. How is this only for the rich?
..because only those who can mine them are the winners - those of us who must buy them for real currency are the losers..
..and those who mine them are the ones who control them..

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:49:02 PM

..because only those who can mine them are the winners - those of us who must buy them for real currency are the losers..
..and those who mine them are the ones who control them..

But if you can then buy things with the coins, how have you lost?

skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:55:32 PM

hmmm - don't think you understand what I mean..
..it is now a fact that only those who have amassed BTC - and those who can afford to purchase the hash power will be able to mine BTC..
This means that they will be the ones controlling the coin..
My post was not about the price of the BTC it was about the ability of the little guy to be able to participate in mining the coin.. And that ability is now gone - BTC has become a 'snob' coin for those who owns it..

skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:01:12 PM

..those who are so powerful that they can continue mine the BTC - they can continue mine them for free - minus the electricity and equipment - but that is a miniscule expense if you already have plenty of BTC and the BTC you mine will be in plenty excess of your expenses to mine them..

Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:54:37 PM

It is really strange that the CryptoLife websites agenda is to mock all hype coins down, but no one said anything about Quark, Next or Mastercoin.
Seems like the Operator of this side has a agenda or is just spreading FUD.
I've spoken negatively about NXT and Mastercoin before. Quark I only liked as a short term investment, back when it was still sub 1000 satoshi.

Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 12:54:26 AM

Due to an overwhelming amount of requests... In depth analysis of NXT:

http://cryptolife.net/in-depth-analysis-nxt

Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

What's my latest altcoin pick? Find out...

http://cryptolife.net/huntercoin-the-coin-thats-a-game/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: