Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:44:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become a long-term trusted store of value?  (Read 3329 times)
Finnsimon

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:35:25 AM

Maybe yes, bitcoin become a long term for many people are part and living with bitcoin and I guess there are big companies that support and accept bitcoin.
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:10:49 AM

It is considered as store value and yes, it's also a good one for long term.
And this is why bitcoin has forgotten as a payment system and it's now a trend for store value and investment.
It's a good investment so whether you are okay for short term, it's also good for long term.
Yeah it being used as an asset rather than a payment method. Once it was assumed as best transferring source where everyone could transfer money within different accounts. People were using them in businesses. But right now, it has been trended more than asset.

People are investing money in them, trading with them. It is like a profit and loss games. But in both cases, the ultimate profit lies within popularity of bitcoins.
JoshuaBlack1

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:14:23 AM

It's my opinion that out of all of the plethora of cryptocurrency out there, Bitcoin so far has the best attributes to be considered the prime candidate for being a store of value. Its supply is finite, its extremely secure, transferable but the added value that its even more fungible than gold which is why there is a debate as to whether or not bitcoin is a commodity or a currency. Well it actually displays both characteristics.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:21:52 AM

Yeah it being used as an asset rather than a payment method. Once it was assumed as best transferring source where everyone could transfer money within different accounts. People were using them in businesses. But right now, it has been trended more than asset.

The same applies to Gold. It's still a currency, but no one even bothers to use it as such, where I am fairly sure that the majority of the people don't even know it's classified as a currency. In terms of Gold, I can clearly understand why people don't want to spend it, because it simply isn't a convenient and usable option to go for when it comes to day to day transactions. Bitcoin cuts through that barrier due to how extremely divisible it is, and how easy it is to move value from one person to the other. The incentive to spend will increase when LN becomes completely safe to use on the main net, and also with how later on the market will become more stable due to larger parties getting involved providing insane liquidity, exchanges having to implement strict trading measures, etc. It's just a matter of time. Patience. Smiley
Dinomoves

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:41:17 PM

I think yes! bitcoin is most proven coin in cryptocurrency world! bitcoin always deserve long-term trusted store of value! I suggest you for keep faith over bitcoin for best investment.

Yes still have faith and by God's grace bitcoin will be a long term trusted store, for it proves by lots of people that it changed their standard of living into better, that it may encourage more people to be part and support bitcoin

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:44:38 PM

If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.

Where do you get this figure from?

Bitcoin has the basic characteristics of a store of value, the main one being a limited supply. It will need to have some utility for it to be trusted as a store of value so it must succeed in some form as a currency.
As of now, Bitcoin is categorized as a digital currency, it is being considered as an instrument of exchange of value and service being rendered. Bitcoin' s acceptance is growing along with its popularity in the market. One of the most trusted store of value in the wold is gold, there are similarities that gold and bitcoin is being compared to. However, Only market experts can give that title to bitcoin. But , the true value and worth of bitcoin will be proven by its investors and users.
laluna24

Activity: 511
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:10:31 PM

I think yes! bitcoin is most proven coin in cryptocurrency world! bitcoin always deserve long-term trusted store of value! I suggest you for keep faith over bitcoin for best investment.

Yes still have faith and by God's grace bitcoin will be a long term trusted store, for it proves by lots of people that it changed their standard of living into better, that it may encourage more people to be part and support bitcoin
You have point all, bitcoin can be long term trusted store of value. This cryptocurrency for sure the future would be more valuable and worth to use in the future. These have been known by many users and I believe bitcoin will take long.
audipituitaryF

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:14:08 PM

I am a newbie and dont think i can comment anything valuable on it. sorry
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:35:02 PM

I believe it will become a long-term trusted store of value in the future, just like the internet and smartphones being a necessity in our generation. In the coming digital age, technological progression such as BTC will be fast that some people won't even realize its already here.
satecream

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:43:23 PM

yeah i belive it can be
and i think bitcoin is a safe place to store your money to it, it has realy complex system
i remember my friend have a 2 bitcoin 2 years ago and stored in a wallet, and now open it again and a moment that make me amaze is not about is value but is safety
if you still store what you have in your wallet no one can touch it

ranjau

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:54:00 PM

It is already used more of as a store of value rather than means of exchange, but this may change in the future.

If BTC does not become a long-term trusted store of value, its likely price will be close to zero (unless it becomes a "cool" collectible... which is a possibility).

I’m not sure why you say this, as it is true in fiat-deflationary currencies but not so sure that would happen with bitcon,

I agree with you, I'm also not sure if bitcoin is a long-term trusted store, because here we are talking about a lucky chance, if it happens to the paper currency I'm sure it can.
chalkboard17

Activity: 484

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:47:45 PM

Well, I do think so. Bitcoin is somehow becoming a digital gold. In this modern civilization, physical properties are not as good as all because they can easily be stolen by thieves or even the government. Bitcoin is based on a decentralized network and because of that fact, it is hard for anyone who want to steal our bitcoin if we know how to secure and store

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
hibiscus

Activity: 217

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:09:58 PM

Bitcoin is the first crypt o currency which has established in the year 2009.It has certain definite features based on that it could attract wide popularity in the market especially the world business community  has attracted  bitcoin to their business transactions so that they will be saving their huge processing charge and time..Its market capital has increased above 260 billion usd and the volume of its daily transaction also considerably increased. Bitcoin possibly become a long term trusted store value until its total 21 million bitcoin is mined.
AlistairJ

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:53:26 AM

If you take into account how much money was spent on its extraction, then the price equal to zero will never be. Perhaps ether will replace bitcoin, but bitcoin will probably cost as antiques.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:15:12 AM

It is already one of the most trusted Cryptocurrency due to the fact that it is a cryptocurrency that became a basis for other cryptocurrency and it is still being developed in todays technology. Blockchain technology is implemented in many platforms but Bitcoin is one of the first ever user of this technology.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:46:03 AM

As of now, bitcoin is being treated like that is a store of value and a lot of people are telling the other people that they should invest or put some of their money or value in bitcoin for long term because it is a really great opportunity to grab since the value of bitcoin is keep on going up over the time so it is a really great place to grow our value.
DrYe5

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:53:47 AM

As of now, bitcoin is being treated like that is a store of value and a lot of people are telling the other people that they should invest or put some of their money or value in bitcoin for long term because it is a really great opportunity to grab since the value of bitcoin is keep on going up over the time so it is a really great place to grow our value.
Bitcoin is not a company, it is a developing global payment and store of value system. Bitcoin is both a product and a service and has the potential to become a prominent part of the world’s financial system going forward.
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:41:45 AM

BTC is now recognized by governments, and his value is recognized by many countries.

Block chain technology will be developed this year, and the price of BTC will increase steadily!

BTC is really a good investment!

Yes bitcoin is recognize by many country and governments, but not all encourage their people to use it. Like here in our country, banks are the number one enemy of bitcoin here, if the bank finds out that the money you store to them is from bitcoin, they will terminate your account and trace your bitcoin account and wallet.
eelectrick

Activity: 217

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:26:52 PM

Maybe yes, bitcoin become a long term for many people are part and living with bitcoin and I guess there are big companies that support and accept bitcoin.

Definitely it will, it's growing price and capability for growth makes it a very ideal long-term prospect.
A very promising store of value. It's what people see it nowadays, with all the hype of bitcoin exceedingly
rising to a higher price in the market. People invest and they look forward to a day when bitcoin delivers
that highly anticipated result. It's quite famous for it being able to had done so and also very notorious
for being actively and highly volatile. But that comes part of the trade, it causes excitement and inquisitiveness.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:13:29 AM

The only thing about which I am very much sure is that bitcoin is going to have a wonderful future and that it will really come up as the top-rated coin as well and there are likely chances that it will also get legal soon.

It is really a very good idea to plan your future with bitcoin as this will help you in making of more money and that you need not to do anything special but holding of the bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: