Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:36:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become a long-term trusted store of value?  (Read 3329 times)
saifanik

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:50:09 PM

BTC is profitable for investment and long time investment in it's more profitable.But there is a lot of risk because it's price is volatile.So there is a possibility of lose.Above everything, Btc will become a trusted store of value in long-term investment.

Siglo // Send airtime with your siglo tokens (http://)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rye18

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:01:42 PM

Whether one should invest in bitcoin or not depends on whether you think Bitcoin will become a long-term trusted store of value.
If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.
If BTC does not become a long-term trusted store of value, its likely price will be close to zero (unless it becomes a "cool" collectible... which is a possibility).
So if you think BTC has a 10% chance of becoming a long-term trusted store of value, it is a good investment with a nice expected return. It is still very risky but professional investors should invest some small portion of their portfolio in this case.

Yes of course, Anyone can trust because of its stability in the market were no other crypto can defeat its market stability.
Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:19:04 PM

Yes and I'm pretty sure for it. The dominant of bitcoin nowadays is a loud voice on how clear your words is.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:34:25 PM

yes of course bitcoin to be a suitable place for long-term investment because I think bitcoin has a very limited total supply that makes bitcoin price from year to year will be more expensive depending on the level of difficulty when want to get bitcoin, the higher the difficulty the more expensive price bitcoin.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
laracastvue

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:40:20 PM

Whether one should invest in bitcoin or not depends on whether you think Bitcoin will become a long-term trusted store of value.
If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.
If BTC does not become a long-term trusted store of value, its likely price will be close to zero (unless it becomes a "cool" collectible... which is a possibility).
So if you think BTC has a 10% chance of becoming a long-term trusted store of value, it is a good investment with a nice expected return. It is still very risky but professional investors should invest some small portion of their portfolio in this case.

Bitcoin is already trusted by different investors in the market because they already see how wealthy those other people who invest when the prices are still very low and the value just sky rocket immediately last december.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 07:14:41 PM

While bitcoin has not reached too high price values, it may well be a repository of value. However, if it exceeds the cost of 80 000 - 100 000 dollars, I most likely will not invest in it as a value depository. The fact is that, given its high cost, people will be very worried about the decent money invested in bitcoin, and with each negative information about the crypto currency, some of them will panic and sell their bitcoins. At the same time, the bitcoin rate will decrease. Someday such a situation can provoke a real panic and then bitcoin can fall to the level of its depreciation. What then happens to bitcoin as a repository of value?

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:27:14 PM

Bitcoin is already a long-term and reliable repository of value and will be such in the near future. However, what will happen to him in the future is difficult to say for the time being. When he decently rises in price, investing in it will be quite risky. Perhaps by that time there are ways how to solve its problem of high volatility, which is capable of destroying it in the future.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:37:58 PM

Bitcoin is already trusted by everyone, there are countless numbers of investors in the market today and they are all hoping to earn profit in the future so am i, so try to invest today while the price is still low in order to become wealthy in the future.
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:45:24 PM

Yes it will we know that bitcoin value are good. And i think bitcoin is very good when doing as a long term investment neither short term cause it price are still viloated and bitcoin risen just with some big news happen

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:36:18 AM

Yes. I do believe that bitcoin has the right potential and capabilities of becoming a long term trusted store of value because since the bitcoin has started its popularity among the people have increased a lot all over the world. Because of which its users have also increased drastically around the world. All this has resulted in increasing the demand of bitcoin among the people throughout the world. This is evident from the increasing price of bitcoin around the world.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:30:13 AM

Yes. I do believe that bitcoin has the right potential and capabilities of becoming a long term trusted store of value because since the bitcoin has started its popularity among the people have increased a lot all over the world. Because of which its users have also increased drastically around the world. All this has resulted in increasing the demand of bitcoin among the people throughout the world. This is evident from the increasing price of bitcoin around the world.

Bitcoin was designed by Satoshi to be used as mode of payment but it suddenly became a store of value (SOV), meaning at it grow and adopted by many, its likely that it will become either of the two. Most casuals like us wants to used it to buy items around the web using it, sadly its not been the case as there are a few stores who are accepting it. However, for those big guys there who has a lot of money, they think bitcoin as a investment portfolio.

But in any case I think it is really good for the ecosystem maybe its not going to be as micro payment scheme as original envision by Satoshi, but at least the market keeps growing and maybe one day we will get to see it being used more to buy around the web.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Hellokitty09

Activity: 180
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:30:24 PM

I think yes! bitcoin is most proven coin in cryptocurrency world! bitcoin always deserve long-term trusted store of value! I suggest you for keep faith over bitcoin for best investment.

It's a good idea. Keeping faithful for the best investment. Bitcoin proves as a cryptocurrency world always deserves long time trusted store of value. Bitcoin has a very limited total supply that makes bitcoin price from year to year will be more expensive depending on the level of difficulty when want to get bitcoin, the higher the difficulty the more expensive price bitcoin. Bitcoin still rises after every fall so there are chances that it will continue to be like this in more coming years. Always rising from it's fall and that gives us hope somehow that bitcoin will continue to rise in more coming years and it is a right decision to invest in bitcoin for long term investment.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:35:11 PM

I agree and I do think bitcoin will do become a long-term trusted store of value because a lot of people see its capability to make the lives of some better. I have faith in bitcoin and I will stay loyal to it for as long as it takes because I know it will help out a lot.

darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:39:03 PM

I think bitcoin already become store of value when bitcoin price touching $19k. Peoples will moving their asset to bitcoin because its more profitable than fiat money and bitcoin already have advantages than fiat money like fast transfer and lower fee transaction.
I am believe that bitcoin is long term investment and in other word bitcoin is long term store of value like gold
Yeah, it already is.
If I had kept all my fiats in the bank and did not buy the little I bought in bitcoin past few years, I am sure it would have just remained the same and would have ended up spending it anyway. Bitcoin has been a store of value irrespective of its volatility and in the long term it surely shows a great prospect as store of value than we probably would not even think of or imagine.

I totally expect bitcoin to keep increasing in demand as we move on, and with that, we know the value will keep pushing up.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 04:52:12 PM

Yes, I am ignoring the performance of Bitcoin so far as I am impressed with the core philosophy of Bitcoin and blockchain technology, I am sure that in the coming years we will see decentralization in almost every sector in order to improve efficiency as a result Bitcoin will be one of the major players in the fund transfer industry. Considering price aspect, I believe that volatility will be there but it will keep growing at a sustainable growth rate.
Blue Bell

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:21:11 PM

I think and still believe that bitcoin can be a long term trusted coin because of its specs and usage. bitcoin will exist and be a long therm investment.
No doubt it is good to sue bitcoin as long time investment as price of bitcoin is very good and it is getting more and more high, right now there are a lot of people who are earning with bitcoin and they knows how bright bitcoin future is so same as them I invest in bitcoin because I have strong faith for bitcoin and I will never stop investing in bitcoin. Bitcoin has long bright future and it will never end even after 100000 of years bitcoin will ever last and one more thing that every passing year is increasing it in demand and in price.
South Park

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:14:37 PM

At this point everything is possible, it is still too early in the development of bitcoin to know if it is going to reach all of its goals, if bitcoin truly becomes a currency used all over the world and accepted in everyday transactions then it's very likely that its price will be very high, I do not know the exact figure, and I do not know if you are right in stating that it will be worth two million dollars, but it also exist the possibility that is replaced by a better coin even if that is very unlikely.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:13:38 PM

I agree and I do think bitcoin will do become a long-term trusted store of value because a lot of people see its capability to make the lives of some better. I have faith in bitcoin and I will stay loyal to it for as long as it takes because I know it will help out a lot.
Right.We won't be staying in bitcoin for longer years if its performance is not impressive at all.I have witnessed bitcoin's ups and downs and how it survived,so i can really say that bitcoin will definitely become a long-term trusted store of value.It's really risky to think but if you have high trust and hopes for bitcoin,for sure it will be very worth it in the end.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:04:35 PM

I believe that bitcoin can be a long term trusted coin because of its specs and usage. The scarcity also of bitcoin makes its endurance, why? Because if it has unlimited supply of coins then for sure its price will not goes up. The tendency is that, many investors will pull their investment because bitcoin is not profitable.
No, they don't have unlimited supply of coins, in fact the 21bil of circulating supply are almost be mined already but it is not the reason that bitcoin will stop it's journey. It could still be in the market and that circulating numbers of bitcoin could be only we used to play in the market but we can say that it's gaining profit slightly change cause theire is nothing to be mined anymore that could boost it's price into growing up.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:45:41 AM

Bitcoin can be a reliable repository of value only when it does not have a very high cost. When it reaches a very high price, due to the fact that its volatility will continue to manifest itself, and, in the course of time, the amplitude of its fluctuations will only increase, it is unlikely that it will then be a reliable repository of value. With each large decline, some bitcoin holders will be wary of their significant savings and will sell their bitcoins. This will loosen the situation and can lead to panic in the market and a sharp drop in the bitcoin rate until it depreciates.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: