Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:48:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become a long-term trusted store of value?  (Read 3329 times)
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:17:39 PM

I think virtual currency can not be a value, by definition. This is not an asset that has the property of preserving capital. This is a big-big manipulation. While the cost of bitcoin is supported, it costs something. But this is for the time being.
That is only true right now because the size of the market of cryptocurrencies is very small but when this changes you will see that bitcoin will retain your value better than any fiat in fact I do not know why people complain, there is a high volatility but the volatility has benefited us greatly the only ones that lost money are those that do not know how to trade and were speculating with the price and those that bought because of FOMO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:53:29 AM

I think virtual currency can not be a value, by definition. This is not an asset that has the property of preserving capital. This is a big-big manipulation. While the cost of bitcoin is supported, it costs something. But this is for the time being.
That is only true right now because the size of the market of cryptocurrencies is very small but when this changes you will see that bitcoin will retain your value better than any fiat in fact I do not know why people complain, there is a high volatility but the volatility has benefited us greatly the only ones that lost money are those that do not know how to trade and were speculating with the price and those that bought because of FOMO.

I dont believe cryptocurrency market is manipulation. Bitcoin as store of value is more powerfull than gold. Bitcoin price Growth in 2017 is more than x10 and no investment even gold can give gain like bitcoin. Volatility is always happen in any market and its very normal.
I am agree that bitcoin will retain our asset value better than any investment because bitcoin supply is very limited

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
MadisonWood1212

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:19:34 AM

If bitcoin wants to become a reliable long-term store, its value must reach its highest level for a long time. But to do that, people have to change their daily habits, moreover, they need absolute trust for reputable investors.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:17:05 AM

If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.

Where do you get this figure from?

Bitcoin has the basic characteristics of a store of value, the main one being a limited supply. It will need to have some utility for it to be trusted as a store of value so it must succeed in some form as a currency.

It could be a store of value if it wasn't subject to futures contracts and that's capacity to make money betting against bitcoin without even buying. 

Why does it need to have utility apart from its capacity to move wealth easily avoiding bank charges.  If by utility it needs to be easy to buy a cup of coffee with it I disagree.  Although it's egalitarian in nature, avoiding brokers, it isn't simple and it relies on faith.  Faith that their money won't just go poof or that its value won't drop like a blimp with a hole where the naysayers are sucking out value making money betting against.
It is not going to happen, future contacts are being used precisely to keep the price of bitcoin down in a very similar way in which future contracts are being used to keep down the price of gold and silver, the big advantage that we have over those markets is that many prefer future contracts for gold and silver since moving so much gold and silver is a problem but with bitcoin this is not the case, since we can move a huge mount of bitcoin to the other side of the world without any effort.

Yeah, like that case where the major investment bankers were all in a chat trying to plan what time of day they'd smash down the price of gold. They'd coordinate the selling of millions of dollars worth of contracts all at once just to set the avalanche down.

Gold bugs speculate that the actual price per ounce in the 10's of thousands but the futures contracts, which a bank can write freely without having any physical gold, keep the price capped around 1 thousand. They have a point--if there weren't so many shorts, the price of physical gold would be much higher. The same could very well happen with bitcoin (and already is as forex platforms allow CFD's)
It is hard to say anything regarding the nature of the bitcoin and that way it will behave in the future. Things are getting in a better shape and that there are likely chances that bitcoin will favour the most to the ones who are trusting the bitcoin and that they are holding it for longer time. The market worth of bitcoin will rise higher and that it will help the investors in making higher profit.
Guideare

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:10:57 AM

What do you mean "bitcoin become" let me correct for you, it is trusted and long term store values. Its a profitable currency and return your invest more than your expect.
inneveca

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:56:20 AM

If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.

Where do you get this figure from?

Bitcoin has the basic characteristics of a store of value, the main one being a limited supply. It will need to have some utility for it to be trusted as a store of value so it must succeed in some form as a currency.

It could be a store of value if it wasn't subject to futures contracts and that's capacity to make money betting against bitcoin without even buying. 

Why does it need to have utility apart from its capacity to move wealth easily avoiding bank charges.  If by utility it needs to be easy to buy a cup of coffee with it I disagree.  Although it's egalitarian in nature, avoiding brokers, it isn't simple and it relies on faith.  Faith that their money won't just go poof or that its value won't drop like a blimp with a hole where the naysayers are sucking out value making money betting against.
It is not going to happen, future contacts are being used precisely to keep the price of bitcoin down in a very similar way in which future contracts are being used to keep down the price of gold and silver, the big advantage that we have over those markets is that many prefer future contracts for gold and silver since moving so much gold and silver is a problem but with bitcoin this is not the case, since we can move a huge mount of bitcoin to the other side of the world without any effort.

Yeah, like that case where the major investment bankers were all in a chat trying to plan what time of day they'd smash down the price of gold. They'd coordinate the selling of millions of dollars worth of contracts all at once just to set the avalanche down.

Gold bugs speculate that the actual price per ounce in the 10's of thousands but the futures contracts, which a bank can write freely without having any physical gold, keep the price capped around 1 thousand. They have a point--if there weren't so many shorts, the price of physical gold would be much higher. The same could very well happen with bitcoin (and already is as forex platforms allow CFD's)
It is hard to say anything regarding the nature of the bitcoin and that way it will behave in the future. Things are getting in a better shape and that there are likely chances that bitcoin will favour the most to the ones who are trusting the bitcoin and that they are holding it for longer time. The market worth of bitcoin will rise higher and that it will help the investors in making higher profit.
I think if you compare banks profit with crypto you'll see bitcoin lead banks profit from my point of view bitcoins gives you profit every day and every moment while banks take some time like months and gives you low profit plus holding bitcoin can increase your profit more. Bitcoin is a great source of long term invest and store value.
MelissaAnderson11

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:17:15 AM

Bitcoin will be reliable if people take the time to learn about reliable and dependable trading platform. And governments must open the door so that bitcoin can grow widely.
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:09:58 AM

I dont believe cryptocurrency market is manipulation. Bitcoin as store of value is more powerfull than gold. Bitcoin price Growth in 2017 is more than x10 and no investment even gold can give gain like bitcoin. Volatility is always happen in any market and its very normal.
I am agree that bitcoin will retain our asset value better than any investment because bitcoin supply is very limited
What are you talking about? It is obvious all the markets suffer some level of manipulation, and volatility is part of that but it does not matter the people complaining about the volatility today will be the ones that will complain tomorrow about the lack of the movement in the market of cryptocurrencies and while gold cannot give the same profits as bitcoin that is because gold has been known as a store of value for thousands of years.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:16:14 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2018, 07:10:07 PM by Gabb

Cryptocurrencies are such a new and disruptive topic in the financial world that it is difficult to predict with a certain degree of certainty what could happen to them as a long-term investment instrument, so I think we should be very cautious about it and diversify our investment portfolio, dedicating only a small part to our long-term investments in cryptocurrencies. I prefer them as a short-term investment.
Cryptoworld4

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:22:13 PM

I have great hopes in Bitcoin being a store of value just like gold in future.
CryptomartN

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:24:17 PM

Whether one should invest in bitcoin or not depends on whether you think Bitcoin will become a long-term trusted store of value.
If BTC does not become a long-term trusted store of value, its likely price will be close to zero (unless it becomes a "cool" collectible... which is a possibility).
So if you think BTC has a 10% chance of becoming a long-term trusted store of value, it is a good investment with a nice expected return. It is still very risky but professional investors should invest some small portion of their portfolio in this case.
This can only happen if all countries openly supports it. Else, people will continue to have doubt and scare.
budiarmed
Copper Member

Activity: 381
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:30:49 PM

Bitcoin has long been believed to have value and therefore bitcoin is becoming increasingly valuable. Bitcoin is an asset that by holding it in the long run will get a big profit.

───[ PointGenieCoin ]───
─────────────[  ⭐ ⭐ Make money with your Social Media Content ⭐ ⭐  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    INSTAGRAM    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
katerinaliisa

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:17:40 PM

Despite the fact that bitcoin technology is obsolete, it is still the most popular digital currency. I think that it will continue. Bitcoin is considered to be the most valuable coin, therefore the price will increase in any case.

AIDUS.IO ▲▼ Global Decentralized Funding Platform
• ● PRE-SALE START: 11 DEC 2018 ● • (https://aidus.io/)
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:24:16 PM

Despite the internet being an untrustworthy and risky field, people nowadays are heavily depending on it. Like cryptocurrency users, they spend their time and money on it without thinking what bad might happen to the money they invest in. But because of sudden usage and involve of Bitcoin in the field of business and convenience, people are highly dependent on it. That means that if Bitcoin or cryptocurrency keep on gaining users, they will eventually last for a life time and might be the world's leading currency in the market.
Kira_lapa

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

During the 8 years of existence of the Bitcoins, this crypto currency has attracted the attention of a huge number of traders and investors. This digital currency is the first in the world, albeit not the only one. It is she who receives the most attention from wealthy people who are ready to invest serious money. Therefore, bitcoin can be considered a good long-term investment.
Lucio joe

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:46:39 PM

bitcoin is already long term trusted store of value, bitcoin is very good coin that exist very long time ago. bitcoin is very secured coin and it is profitable coin that people can make money easily. bitcoin is good assets because the price goes up and up so fast.
Rechargers

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:47:35 PM

In my opinion, no one can predict what will gonna happen in bitcoin. We can see the success of bitcoin, but sometimes, we cannot see the future or we cannot assure that it will not fail. For now, we can assure only on banks, theres a lot of insurance in bank. We can say, for our safety, we can depend on bank for now. Any thought?
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:53:11 PM

Invest in bitcoin is really good , cause bitcoin could be a blockchain for enterprise and also can be use for transaction with a good speed and good fee. Invest in bitcoin means you invest in a new technology which could be use to help enterprise for blockchain uses. Bitcoin is famous and trustable so i believe good future for bitcoin. As investors it could be wise to invest in something new cause something new means a chance to get a lot of profit and i believe every one love to make a profit and invest in bitcoin could be a great chance that you would never regret.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:16:07 PM

Bitcoin has long been believed to have value and therefore bitcoin is becoming increasingly valuable. Bitcoin is an asset that by holding it in the long run will get a big profit.
Holding has been the best source of earning since long for all of us, so I think it is good to hold your bitcoin after you invest your money into it, before investing into it one should have bitcoin in wallet, it will rise in price, since long we can notice the price kept on rising so it means best way to get benefit on bitcoin is holding it not to sell too early.
Neraj Evad

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:43:20 AM

Yes , I also believe that Bitcoin will become a long term trusted store of value, because if you have oppurtunity to have more gain in bitcoin you increase it to your accounts or in your wallet, so if we are lucky that bitcoin is continuing in the future to come ,then we have ready stored plenty of coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: