Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:24:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The perfect currency?  (Read 482 times)
skelethon

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:02:16 AM

There is no such thing as the "perfect" currency, each one has its own drawback.

Same for crypto - whether it be the fees, the security aspect, no regulations / ponzi schemes and so on.
sfdseew

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:03:42 AM

I don't think we have any perfect currency . Nothing is perfect and of course every currency have it's own positive and negative sides , even fiat money. And especially cryptocurrency , which are at the beginning of their public recognition .
I agree with you that cryptocurrencies are now being accepted and approved, which shows that the cryptocurrency is not yet perfect, and despite its acknowledged currency, there are also imperfections.
AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:07:57 AM

For me, at the moment, the best and most common currency is ETH, I started using it as soon as I got on this market and I continue it further. Maybe in the future there will be something better, but so far I'm choosing ETH
Usafstar

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:13:13 AM

I would like to use bitcoin because for me it is the perfect currency and if we have this currency then we can make more money with this for a perfect thing there should be some qualities like that must be famous and popular among the people but we know that nothing is 100% perfect and bitcoin is the near to perfect currency now the time is good to but bitcoin.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
sols (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:58:05 AM

there is much bitcoin love, and I feel that too haha xD, though I often wonder why we cant use all that energy for something meaningful, this I think is why I am a little more fond of something like ethereum as there is still a fair amount of power consumption though it is atleast for some deliberate and productive process instead of just a lifting contest

if the lightning network can rollout and segwit is adopted everywhere, I think bitcoin can definitely keep its position a little longer, though I sincerely wonder how much energy really needs to be consumed for each transaction and if this ratio will be meaningfully reduced as there are a greater number of transactions entering the network
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 10:19:32 AM

Perfect currency for me is when I can pay it everywhere and I don't need to check it course every day;) there is no currency in crypto that is perfect for me)
I feel calm only in BTC and ETH;)

Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:21:41 AM

Perfect currency for me is when I can pay it everywhere and I don't need to check it course every day;) there is no currency in crypto that is perfect for me)
I feel calm only in BTC and ETH;)

Yeah this is why I think it's gonna be a long time before we start seeing using crypto as a global currency, replacing fiat. It's too unpredictable right now and needs more time.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1589

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:45:19 AM

hey bros, I am fairly new here and have only really been in crypto seriously for about a year, jumping around from coin to community often feeling a void somewhere and wonder if there are any enthusiasts also feeling the same that may have similar ideas and are open and willing to work together towards a common goal. How do you feel about working together? Smiley

I see there are now at least a couple thousand crypto-currency projects and many of them are open source with quite liberal licensing. I wonder if one could not pick and choose through the crypto buffet and create the perfect currency chain?

Ofcourse this is very subjective, we all have different perspectives and therefore completely different ways of interpreting the system and its benefit to harm ratio. If we could be compassionate and open minded, and consider the implications of the systems on all of its constituents we would surely create a system that is simple, secure, accessible, fair, provides equal opportunity and does not oppress or harm people or our environment. I think if all we want to do is keep account, that should be pretty good base to aim for? what do you think?

if you were to devise the perfect system through picking at different components from existing currencies or just tweaks to a currency, what would it be? what would you aim for? what would you choose and why?

please continue the conversation here or join me on a discord server dedicated to this topic  Cheesy   https://discord.gg/7gT8zmH

The panorama now calls for very specialized coins, so you cannot really say that there is a perfect coin. You have to make it perfect for certain use cases.

sols (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:38:14 AM

The panorama now calls for very specialized coins, so you cannot really say that there is a perfect coin. You have to make it perfect for certain use cases.

yeah, I can definitely see something like this happening, I wonder though if base currency alone can be a standalone use case, I guess what bitcoin is, though somehow better xD

I quite like NANO actually and am wondering what you and others think about it
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:55:26 AM

Theres no such perfect currency,even in fiats theres no one can claim to be a perfect currency so what more here in virtual?i have a big faith in ethereum from platform to the coins itself.but as what all coins stands,people can be pleased equally so they will be needing service that will fit theyre taste and desires so lets respect every individuals decisions.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:57:34 AM

Can anyone define perfection?

What's the perfect car? For some, the fastest. For others, the safest. Or the prettiest, or the most reliable, or the most expensive, or....

Perfections is an asymptotic line; we can only get so close but without ever really getting there.

Besides, it is good to have some variety. One currency to rule them all sounds like deja vu  Grin

Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:02:56 PM

I think that the main advantage of the perfect cryptocurrency is the potential to the unlimited scalability and implementation of new features without loosing in security.

nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:05:26 PM

hey bros, I am fairly new here and have only really been in crypto seriously for about a year, jumping around from coin to community often feeling a void somewhere and wonder if there are any enthusiasts also feeling the same that may have similar ideas and are open and willing to work together towards a common goal. How do you feel about working together? Smiley

I see there are now at least a couple thousand crypto-currency projects and many of them are open source with quite liberal licensing. I wonder if one could not pick and choose through the crypto buffet and create the perfect currency chain?

Ofcourse this is very subjective, we all have different perspectives and therefore completely different ways of interpreting the system and its benefit to harm ratio. If we could be compassionate and open minded, and consider the implications of the systems on all of its constituents we would surely create a system that is simple, secure, accessible, fair, provides equal opportunity and does not oppress or harm people or our environment. I think if all we want to do is keep account, that should be pretty good base to aim for? what do you think?

if you were to devise the perfect system through picking at different components from existing currencies or just tweaks to a currency, what would it be? what would you aim for? what would you choose and why?

please continue the conversation here or join me on a discord server dedicated to this topic  Cheesy   https://discord.gg/7gT8zmH

If you mean perfect currency for transactions, I prefer nano. If you mean for investment purposes, I like stable options like ethereum that might grow a lot in time but already have proven track of records.

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
Bukx

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:12:05 PM

Of course, I would choose a lot of coins by supporting them all to ETH, because I think that at the moment is one of the most promising coins of 2018, you can perfectly say about every currency that grows sometimes, and sometimes falls in its value, but my opinion I think it will be justified by the end of 2018 and we will all see that the whole world will stand for ETH!

Its great statement saying that we can justify the grow of any coin mostly down or up just at the end of the year.
We are in early year now, we need to run most of the year in longer time. Now etehrium is the best one for me.
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:21:30 PM

NEO very quickly got the top 10 ranking on market capitalization.
The basis for the operation of the NEO cryptocurrency system is the PoS algorithm, which reduces energy costs while ensuring platform operation and mining.
The NEO platform supports most popular programming languages, which expands the prospects for its commercial use and promotes faster promotion in the market.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:53:39 AM

I dont often actually consider the basic income part, I wonder how such a thing is implemented, I wonder how much information they need and how they counter fraud of their service etc which would kind of undermine the sustainability of the project.

Yeah, it is an interesting concept but I don't really think it is developed much. They waited for it to catch up first I think but there was quite a development announced lately. That is not a bad way of thinking by my opinion - there is nothing a strong community cannot do. I mean, you could make a fantastic concept but there are many things you would forget about. However, when 1000 heads think instead of you, or with you, it is a little bit different.

Way before Bitcoin, I encountered an interesting project called Equal money. Their proposition was to distribute the equal income to all the persons in the world. Their propositions on solutions for many inherent problems to this systems were very valid and interesting, you should check it out if you are interested.
The beauty of such propositions is that they are not in a clash with the idea of cryptocurrencies. You could still employ equal money concept on, say, Bitcoin platform...... I really do believe that one of such systems will be the system of the future - you know, a society like the one they have in Star Trek (although we never saw how they solved all main World problems,..... who knows why Wink.......)

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 11:58:32 AM

I think the best way of working together is educating people about blockchain in general and getting all our family members to open wallets and start saving some of their fiat currency into digital currencies. If we get all the world's population to just invest 2-5% of their net worth into digital currencies, we wills ee the market cap growing very big and fast. My wife is working relentlessly to educate her family in crypto. Now her 80 year old father is investing in icos, her niece is micro working and her son is about to open his first wallets and start saving in eth and btc.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Aminmon

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:12:24 PM

I wonder what is the definition of a perfect token?
I don't think there is a perfect token, different projects have different development direction, so they all hope to promote the development of science and technology.

alt18coins

Activity: 261
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:54:23 PM

ETH proves to be perfect currency,as its growth graph is good.Team cooperation is also proof to be good.
katixrecamara

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:00:00 PM

According to me, there is no perfect currency. Coming to FIAT currencies, I feel that USD has always been the best currency among the plethora of currencies. Coming to Crypto, Bitcoin has, will and shall always be the king and is close to the perfect currency which many fantasize about. Honestly, anything close to perfect is fine by me. Many might feel that the extreme volatility of bitcoin and the crypto market might deter future investors and cannot be utilized for everyday purchases which is true at the moment, but will change for sure in the future with new developments like integration of lightning network etc.

I absolutely agree. there is no such thing as a perfect currency. If there is, then maybe the whole world is using it now, and may render others useless. However, there is what we call as best currency. Largely based on it's usage and applicability. Like fiat, one of the best among plethora may be US Dollars, while crypto you can have Bitcoin.
However, volatility among cryptos might pose as deterrent to future investors in terms of utility in everyday purchases, but may change in the along the way.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: