Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:28:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Study: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists  (Read 80410 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:45:22 AM

^^^ Too much feminism can sometimes result in mental imbalance, psychosis and in some cases acute schizophrenia. This is what happened to those researchers. They should make better use of their time, than wasting the tax payer money on political motives.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:28:30 AM

I have a plan. I lure all the feminists and environmentalists onto Facebook. Then I cancel my Facebook account.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
taipo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Kia ora!

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 05:28:56 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 05:52:59 AM by taipo

Radical feminists are critical of gender itself. We are not gender reformists – we are gender abolitionists. Without the socially constructed gender roles that form the basis of patriarchy, all people would be free to dress, behave and love others in whatever way they wished, no matter what kind of body they had…

Liberty and a living planet will only be won when masculinity, its religion, its economics, it’s psychology and it’s sex is resisted and finally defeated.

The only bit I disagree with in that statement is the hint of an idea that the planet can actually be saved by a radical change in human culture, I think its far too late for that now, planet saving wise...But totally with this person on the issues that need confronting on the road to real liberty for all.

Radical Feminist: Abolish the White Race...

Its not white skinned people groups that needs to be abolished, or any other for that matter, but because the idea of 'race' ( as in a breed of the human species - pure breeds, superior breeds etc ) has brought about some of the greatest misery in the history of the human species, the idea of 'race' needs to be relegated into the annuls of oppressive and unscientific human ideas.

Support the two platforms essential to protecting the identities of whistleblowers. Both accept bitcoin donations.
https://globaleaks.org - GlobalLeaks ( btc: see http://goo.gl/D5wM0L )
http://goo.gl/sZg2RN  - SecureDrop: whistleblower submission system
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:33:28 AM

Researchers at the University of Illinois and Arizona State University examined six decades of hurricane death rates according to gender, spanning  1950 and 2012.  Of the 47 most damaging hurricanes, the female-named hurricanes produced an average of 45 deaths compared to 23 deaths in male-named storms, or almost double the number of fatalities.  (The study excluded Katrina and Audrey, outlier storms that would skew the model).

The difference in death rates between genders was even more pronounced when comparing strongly masculine names versus strongly feminine ones.

“[Our] model suggests that changing a severe hurricane’s name from Charley … to Eloise … could nearly triple its death toll,” the study says.

Sharon Shavitt, study co-author and professor of marketing at the University of Illinois, says the results imply an “implicit sexism”; that is, we make decisions about storms based on the gender of their name without even knowing it.
“When under the radar, that’s when it [the sexism] has the potential to influence our judgments,” Shavitt said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/06/02/female-named-hurricanes-kill-more-than-male-because-people-dont-respect-them-study-finds/

Wow, that is about the most contrived bullshit I have ever read. I suppose we can in fact read a political agenda into anything we want.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:58:36 PM

Wow, that is about the most contrived bullshit I have ever read. I suppose we can in fact read a political agenda into anything we want.

LOL!  I agree...or would like to but don't have enough interest to evaluate the study.

I would suggest a test of the hypothesis by naming the next giant hurricane 'Hurricane Fred Rogers'.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:36:50 PM

LOL!  I agree...or would like to but don't have enough interest to evaluate the study.

I would suggest a test of the hypothesis by naming the next giant hurricane 'Hurricane Fred Rogers'.

Anything.  As long as we don't have a Hurricane named Tiny Tim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:55:37 PM

Awesome! If this garbage was actually true maybe we should name hurricanes after notorious serial killers. Ted Bundy is expected to make landfall......

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:28:48 PM

lol.. another one losing the plot.  Grin

America's highest paid female executive had sex change at age 40

http://rt.com/business/165060-martine-rothblatt-united-therapeutics
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:25:28 PM

The legacy of Rachel Carson is that tens of millions of human lives – mostly children in poor, tropical countries – have been traded for the possibility of slightly improved fertility in raptors.  This remains one of the monumental human tragedies of the last century.  It is shocking that Dunn, an assistant professor of biology, remains ignorant of Carson’s shortcomings, and deplorable that university students are exposed to a scientist who manifests such ignorance and failure to respect the norms of science.  Likewise, Nature’s decision to publish Dunn’s commentary reflects either an antiscientific bias or a failure of peer-review.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only mistake would be to believe those people care more about humans than mosquitoes  

I would beg to differ with your article's negative take on Rachael Carson.

The problem is not that she was utterly, flagrantly wronger than wrong.  It is that norms of behavior in society, including the political parties and the legal/administrative institutions, could not and would not act at any pace - whether swiftly or leisurely - to correct the errors in science and judgement regardless of the negative consequences of leaving the status quo.

As we experience a quickening of the rate of scientific progress, it is important to recognize these failings.

As of now in 2014, do we know if DDT would bring more harm than good, based on the latest research?

Right now Brazil is introducing a genetically modified mosquito into the wild. Is that solution better than using DDT?

Why should I or anyone care if it is BETTER?

Who if anyone, postulates that they are in a position to deliver nations "choices"...and of those two, one must or should be picked?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:07:28 PM

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/06/thanks-to-hateful-feminists-endfathersday-trends-on-twitter/

Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:37:15 PM

Not everyone hates anyone. Stupid headlines do not facilitate civil discourse. Nor does personalization or sweeping under a single banner describe the many disparate issues these rubrics contain. For instance, one might dislike a feminism of equality, which posits that any woman ought to be able to do anything any man can,
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:46:25 PM

Not everyone hates anyone. Stupid headlines do not facilitate civil discourse. Nor does personalization or sweeping under a single banner describe the many disparate issues these rubrics contain. For instance, one might dislike a feminism of equality, which posits that any woman ought to be able to do anything any man can,

If you take your time browsing this thread  the idea a woman should NOT be equal to a man (in modern western societies) is not too popular. The idea feminists NEVER seem to fight for their female comrades rights where they are being abused all over the world is a common idea on this thread...

Slab Squathrust

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:25:54 PM

If you take your time browsing this thread  the idea a woman should NOT be equal to a man (in modern western societies) is not too popular. The idea feminists NEVER seem to fight for their female comrades rights where they are being abused all over the world is a common idea on this thread...

Well often the activists championing the plight of the people in oppressed countries point a finger at those in the western ones as the oppressors responsible for the situation.  To take up that banner would force them to label themselves as an oppressor by nature of being born in a more wealthy country.  This would cause a great deal of mental anguish due to cognitive dissonance.  These individuals have spent years viewing themselves as oppressed by some imagined patriarchy.  To switch caps would simply be too much to ask.     
VeroPossumus

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:29:58 AM

On my opinion the two most annoying groups are feminists and religious fanatics.

AlPutino

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:43:33 AM

On my opinion the two most annoying groups are feminists and religious fanatics.

The more agressive the promotion of a movement(community) is the more hate it causes among regular people.

For example - Sochi Winter Olympics and LGBT community. Gay people would give so much shit about it so i really started getting annoyed at them. Like, REALLY.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:18:22 PM

Now let us wait for all the proud "new" feminist websites, personal blogs, etc... for decrying this as a good example of censorship from the patriarchy in 3... 2... 1...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/13/us-egypt-harassment-idUSKBN0EO0TQ20140613

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:52:20 PM

Happy Father's Day!

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:14:48 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/16/Leonardo-DiCaprio-to-Speak-at-Obama-s-Our-Ocean-Conference-For-Some-Reason

http://ourocean2014.state.gov/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:11:20 PM

Burger King "Lady" has a civilized conversation on a sidewalk...

http://youtu.be/g67z_xBe07Q

I believe she covered every single feminist talking points in a few seconds, even racism. Also she is known to be practicing soccer player, based on her mean and famous right foot kick... Sadly could't afford to hail a cab. Had to wait in the back of a bus for the cops to come  Grin Cheesy Grin

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 03:15:40 AM

Burger King "Lady" has a civilized conversation on a sidewalk...

http://youtu.be/g67z_xBe07Q

I believe she covered every single feminist talking points in a few seconds, even racism. Also she is known to be practicing soccer player, based on her mean and famous right foot kick... Sadly could't afford to hail a cab. Had to wait in the back of a bus for the cops to come  Grin Cheesy Grin

HOLY SHIT. DEMS SUM TEEFUS!
I think she is just a little angry about losing the genetic lottery and therefore all males are sexist and overderprivileged.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: