Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:01:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Study: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists  (Read 80407 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:07:06 AM

In a few minutes Monday morning, several months worth of training culminated in stand-off between 50 kayaks and a massive Arctic drill rig.

"We were just trying to host vigil to this rig," explained Chiara D'Angelo. "We weren't planning on stopping it."

The kayak protesters have been monitoring the Polar Pioneer during its stay at Terminal 5 in Seattle. Sunday night, they saw signs the large vessel would soon leave for Alaska.

The sent out text alerts and deployed into the water. Some traveled from across the country to participate.

"I've seen first-hand how awful this can be for marine life and communities if an accident happens," said Washington D.C. resident John Hocevar.

The Coast Guard counts 24 people detained in the demonstration, including City Councilman Mike O'Brien. His citation comes with a maximum $32,500 fine, but his reads $250.

"Today there was an opportunity for some of us to put ourselves in between that oil rig and Alaska," O'Brien said.

Near the kayak line, divers cleaned up a site damaged by the activists' barge. Used for staging their protests, the barge anchors were originally dropped into a popular dive spot. They dropped 4,000-pound anchors into a habitat known for several different kinds of marine species.

"A lot of people come here to see Giant Pacific Octupus," said Koos Dupreez.

Dupreez works with Global Underwater Explorers. They coordinated the clean-up, asking the activists to cut their lines so as to avoid any further damage. Divers removed huge cement blocks and chords, worried for the safety of people and animals

It cost $10,000 and created some wake among environmental groups.

"Having someone else who is concerned about the environment trash the environment, some people were upset, understandably so," Dupreez said.

Shell, Foss Maritime, and the activists shared the financial burden of the clean-up.

The Polar Pioneer left Seattle without ever securing the necessary permit to stop at Terminal 5, as well as an active Notice of Violation. Whether the city will fine Shell is still an unknown, as appeal continue.

As of now, Shell still plans to return in the fall to Seattle's waters and its activists, who still hold out hope it won't arrive in Alaska.

"Even if we're not the ones to stop this, I don't think Shell's going to make it up there," D'Angelo said.

http://www.king5.com/story/tech/science/environment/2015/06/15/divers-clean-up-activist-site-as-polar-pioneer-leaves/28785969/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:45:54 PM

What Really Happened At The Vancouver Slut Walk

Beware. Big volume change @ 1min 27 sec.

Published on Jun 12, 2015

I apologize if I seem a bit emotional. I filmed this after receiving some messages from friends of mine asking if I had committed some of the things I had been accused of by the Slut Walk. I probably should've waited to record, but it's fairly late now.

I also am very strongly against people being slandered and falsely accused as I have shown in other videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQgB1...

The Petition against me: https://www.change.org/p/libertarian-...

Counter Petition Smiley: https://www.change.org/p/vancouver-sl...

One last thing. Even the women/men who slandered and lied about me are people. I am hurt and disappointing by their lying, however I would never want to see their lives ruined, so I strongly encourage everyone not to dox or harass them etc. I haven't seen any of that happening so far, so thank you for being such wonderful people Smiley

I apologize if this video disappears within the next couple of days. Unsurprisingly this video has received a privacy complaint. Luckily the law is on my side seeing as we were at a public forum filming, however I cannot be sure how YouTube will act on this. Sad

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:03:26 AM

Feminists upset over statue of man and woman talking

Scene: You’re a woman, sitting on a bench reading a book. Your male friend sees you on the quad and comes over to say hello and talk. You put down your book, lean back against the bench and smile. He doesn’t sit next to you; instead, he puts his foot on the bench and leans over his knee.

So sexist, right?

That scene is depicted in a statue at the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, Texas, and despite no sign of distress or physical assertion, some women have decided it is a statue of “mansplaining” — a term used to describe men condescendingly explaining something to a woman.

Seriously. Here’s the actual statue and the claim of misogyny:

…. For its part, the university also denied any notion that the statue depicts condescension toward a woman.

“The statue has long-symbolized the friendship and camaraderie that develops among students as they attend UIW,” school spokesman Carl Myers told WITW. “We are deeply saddened that this image of friendship has been misconstrued as a symbol of sexism on social media. Nothing could be further from the truth.”

But who cares what reasonable people would think the statue depicts, this is patriarchy we're talking about!

"I feel like we've all been guilty of [mansplaining], males and females alike," said Hernandez, the woman who took the original photo of the statue. "But it's just less palatable when a guy's up to it 'cause, well, he's still on the right side of oppression."

Note to future sculptors: When trying to show men and women talking as friends, don't. There's just no way you can do so without offending modern feminist sensibilities.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/feminists-upset-over-statue-of-man-and-woman-talking/article/2565164

looks like he saying
hey check my middle stump out you be bouncing on that after  Cheesy :D6 oclock don,t be late Wink
he is a bit sure of him self if you ask me Cheesy
 plus whats up you been fucked off by a women to ugly to get 1 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
make sure you keep your gun locked up Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy don,t want you going around shooting women Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
and the SJW Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
TAKE A CHILL PILL YOU FUCKIN NUTTER Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy :Dand av a nice day and take it easy Wink
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:24:07 AM

i dont hates environmentalists and feminists instead, Why don’t people behave in more environmentally friendly ways?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:04:55 AM

i dont hates environmentalists and feminists instead, Why don’t people behave in more environmentally friendly ways?

So true.

Every woman I know around me is a true feminist. They never asked for a man to be the best of the best. Also real environmentalists do not destroy to prove a point like in post #713

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:24:43 AM

More from femi-nazis:

Chess grandmaster Nigel Short: 'Shrill feminists' have made me a 'misogynist pantomime villain'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/chess-grandmaster-nigel-short-shrill-feminists-have-made-me-a-misogynist-pantomime-villain-10335403.html

An odd win by Judish Polgar against Nigel Short doesn't mean that women are better than men in chess, or in any other sport. Why can't these idiots just accept the facts. Is it possible for women to compete against men in athletics, or other sports such as football or basketball? Why they want to compete against men all the time?
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:01:28 PM

Even feminists hate feminists, man. if you have a group of people choking their opinions inside your throat rather than explaining you what is right or wrong, you will hate them like they're Joffrey from Game of thrones.
HigsonPP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:19:13 PM

Even feminists hate feminists, man. if you have a group of people choking their opinions inside your throat rather than explaining you what is right or wrong, you will hate them like they're Joffrey from Game of thrones.

The problem with feminists is that they overdo their bullshit yknow. I don't know what people say but I am definitely not against men, or against women particularly. I support equality. And that's how it should be, isn't it?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:10:01 PM

The problem with feminists is that they overdo their bullshit yknow. I don't know what people say but I am definitely not against men, or against women particularly. I support equality. And that's how it should be, isn't it?

Then you shall love Christina Hoff Sommers.

How fainting couch feminism threatens freedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ewU33EdNnM

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 04:26:10 PM

Study: everyone hates ignorant privileged white American males.

"Study"  Roll Eyes

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
mayflor2

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 01:50:35 PM

I used to believe in feminism until i realised i just truly support equality. Feminists just seem to be a group of manipulative sexists now and it is really annoying how these feminists are pro men hate and less equality.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:08:10 PM

I used to believe in feminism until i realised i just truly support equality. Feminists just seem to be a group of manipulative sexists now and it is really annoying how these feminists are pro men hate and less equality.

Sad state indeed. Sad for the true feminists...

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:23:57 PM

These types of fringe feminist groups are to normal women what racist skinheads are to normal white men I think.  Or what the Westboro Baptists are to normal Christians.

I, for one, respect anyone who will call these fringe groups out.  Obviously such groups can only set backwards any progress on some of the issues, and some of the issues are still problems which still need to be addressed.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 11:43:46 PM

"Study"  Roll Eyes

Is Polly upset that there is a thread full of people that don't buy his parroted marxist bullshit?
Anony

Activity: 308

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:00:11 AM

Because feminists have no legitimate complaints (there are women CEO's, what else do you want)
And environmentalists have gone from being friendly towards the environment to being outright anti human.
Their logic goes that if people didn't exists the environment would benefit.
Which is true, but seriously, fuck em.

It depends, most people here in Europe are concerned about global warming, environment, and everyone makes small steps to help it (by reducing greenhouse gas emission, sort wastes, and so on.
Not every one hates with the environment support .Some people support for the global warning,by planting trees.
With the help of new electric technology used in car,vehicles which protect environment from air pollution. Smiley

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 09:25:17 AM

"Study"  Roll Eyes

Is Polly upset that there is a thread full of people that don't buy his parroted marxist bullshit?

I think it's more insulting to real communists and leftists to call this prick a Marxist, he doesn't give a shit about workers or fighting fascism, just another typical idiot spreading misandry and racism.
Rhaegal

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:41:05 AM

Very true people do shy away from being associated with vegetarians, peacekeepers, anything out of the ordinary
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 09:53:58 AM

"Study"  Roll Eyes

I think it's more insulting to real communists and leftists to call this prick a Marxist, he doesn't give a shit about workers or fighting fascism, just another typical idiot spreading misandry and racism.

Neither do most marxists, but they sure do talk about it a lot. Do some research on early marxist feminism. The two have always been very closely tied. Furthermore all of these reactionary groups like feminism and environmentalism are all being unified under the framework of marxism, even if most people in the US are too ignorant of history to recognise it happening right in front of their faces.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 10:56:27 AM

I suppose, I'm doing reading on Marxism and it does have the very tendancies feminists follow, quite a shame though, you can't have equality by fighting for another hierarchy so no wonder communists and anarchists don't get along lol.
Anony

Activity: 308

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:45:43 AM

Because feminists have no legitimate complaints (there are women CEO's, what else do you want)
And environmentalists have gone from being friendly towards the environment to being outright anti human.
Their logic goes that if people didn't exists the environment would benefit.
Which is true, but seriously, fuck em.

It depends, most people here in Europe are concerned about global warming, environment, and everyone makes small steps to help it (by reducing greenhouse gas emission, sort wastes, and so on.
Not every one hates with the environment support .Some support by planting trees ,controlling air polution.
With the help of new electric technology used in car,vehicles which protect environment from air pollution. Smiley

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: