Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:26:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating a Micro Nation - The Bitcoin Nation  (Read 1276 times)
n00ber (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:15:32 PM

I'm assuming most bitcoin supporters loves freedom. What if we create a micro nation. Create our own fair laws and using bitcoin as our currency. It could be a small island or artificial island in the middle of the ocean outside the laws of this tyrant nations. Anyone of you interested about this? And dreaming what I'm dreaming?

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:24:41 PM

Not gonna happen, unless you're into primitivism; this is the only way you could avoid having to interact with other nations, since they have all the goodies you'd want to live a comfortable, modern life.  Self-sufficiency only goes as far as you have the materials necessary to create, and no island is going to have everything.

n00ber (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:32:35 PM

Not gonna happen, unless you're into primitivism; this is the only way you could avoid having to interact with other nations, since they have all the goodies you'd want to live a comfortable, modern life.  Self-sufficiency only goes as far as you have the materials necessary to create, and no island is going to have everything.

I'm not into separatism and primitivism. My point is to have a nation where we can enjoy laws that is just and fair that is truly for the people. Not under the laws of the tyrant nations. Of course we can still export and import to other nations.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:52:28 PM

I'm not into separatism and primitivism. My point is to have a nation where we can enjoy laws that is just and fair that is truly for the people. Not under the laws of the tyrant nations. Of course we can still export and import to other nations.

Yes, but this would be free trade, and if we had this, the world would be a lot better than it currently is.  There are always strings attached, and ultimately it boils down to the biggest nation having the better deals and the louder voice, as their military can always wipe out your military so it's in your interest to cut them a really nice deal on whatever it is you're exporting, and take the higher price "because we're pals" when importing--and if you don't like that, tough bananas.

And if nothing else, they can just claim ownership over your plot of land.  What are you gonna do, fight back?

So, no, you will not enjoy both freedom and free trade among authoritarian nations; you will have to sacrifice your freedoms in return of not being pelted with bombs if you decide not to comply with the bigger nation.  Because of these conditions, you will need an organized society capable of being controlled to ensure these demands are met "to keep the peace", thereby requiring a leader and whatnot, all the same luxuries of every other authoritarian society.  The project to create a nation of freedom deteriorates into a resort for the rich and elite, as those with money squeeze their way into politics and write their doings legal (since they otherwise would be under extreme scrutiny), and as the lower class complains, perhaps even protests, they can really do nothing but, at the very end, begin a revolution and overthrow the current rulers to be replaced with another with the same intent, but he has a nice smile and just happens to have a lot of money and promises to help the poor, you know, all the lies politicians come up with to stay in power.  The cycle repeats indefinitely, until the people of the largest nations decide to stop funding the war machine and take control over their own lives, where the free-nation project becomes a moot point anyway, perhaps even a danger to the now free societies who must defend against the remaining states, including this one, with a leader completely out of touch with his people and a large enough military (at the cost of everything else, running a debt greater than his people can pay off in a generation) to ensure nobody can overthrow him easily, and ready to attack any vulnerable nation, seeing the stateless societies as "fair game".

Anyway, this is how I see it panning out.  If you can think of a way to make this operate without the influence of other nations, you might have something.

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:42:12 PM

I've thought about this before.  Someone could create a coin where there was a taxation rate built into every transation.  Lets say 10% tax in every transaction.  Then there could be a voting site where a direct digital democracy system was developed.  Users of the coin would get to vote on how the taxation money was spent.  They could elect officials and/or govern themselves.  It's the future.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:51:18 PM

I've thought about this before.  Someone could create a coin where there was a taxation rate built into every transation.  Lets say 10% tax in every transaction.  Then there could be a voting site where a direct digital democracy system was developed.  Users of the coin would get to vote on how the taxation money was spent.  They could elect officials and/or govern themselves.  It's the future.

In Bitcoin, the tx fee goes to the miners, who are effectively in charge of securing the networks Smiley
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:55:26 PM

Already done: http://sheraga.nl/

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 12:18:31 AM

How are they a micronation? 

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 06:29:01 AM

I'm assuming most bitcoin supporters loves freedom. What if we create a micro nation. Create our own fair laws and using bitcoin as our currency. It could be a small island or artificial island in the middle of the ocean outside the laws of this tyrant nations. Anyone of you interested about this? And dreaming what I'm dreaming?

1) Please point out the small island that is not controlled by any nation.

2) Also, please tell me how you plan to build an artificial island in middle of the ocean that can deal with the occassional 100 foot wave.

For answers to these questions see http://seasteading.org

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:42:41 AM

Where would you get the funds to buy the island and build the necessary infrastructure for a couple of thousand inhabitants?

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:52:31 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2013, 07:16:34 AM by conspirosphere.tk

in the spirit of bitcoin it should be a no-borders nation, open to whomever shares its anarcho-capitalist philosophy, and maybe even crypto, that is where anyone could not be extorted any information, including his participation in it.

It could be nice as a first mission to organize ways to refuse our previous citizenship, or at least to show our will about it. (The fact that is usually so hard is telling about the reality of it as being actually cattle for governments).

A starting point could be elaborating a kind of constitution and nongovernmental "passports" (here is an ex. http://www.worldservice.org ). [edit: a passport with a big bitcoin logo on the cover sounds cool]
Then listing it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_micronations
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:07:37 AM

Problem is you then end up stuck with flat taxation, double taxation and various other issues.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:14:15 AM

Problem is you then end up stuck with flat taxation, double taxation and various other issues.

not to speak about who gets the money, for what, etc.
it has to be all voluntary all the time or it would be just another scam
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:35:41 PM

Just what the heck is this. Do they even have a micronation, or are they just trolling.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:07:08 PM

Who needs a nation?
I don't want no nation, and I don't want to be a citizen. Animals don't have nations and they're doing fine. They're not destroying the planet like the human race does.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: