Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it abuse t to flag a person "Minority Report" style?  (Read 647 times)
LiquidGamerX (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:26:32 PM

A week ago I was flagged by some people, and received a negative comment from tomatocage for a post topic that I created.  tomatocage has a great reputation, and seems to spot scammers very well.  However, does anyone else believe that this is just a little aggressive?

Does anyone else believe that its wrong to flag people before they have done anything to deserve it?
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:28:08 PM

It is unfair but it is how the trust system works.
If you want, you can make a thread in the meta subforum.

Or cry with: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303613.0

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:29:22 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2013, 02:41:03 PM by Tomatocage

I said in my comment I'd remove the rating after you repay your loans. I flagged you to prevent any further losses should you decide to skip town with the coins. Payment is due on your two existing loans today, so your neg rating with either be removed today or will stay forever. It's up to you.

Edit: I see for https://btcjam.com/listings/6823 you specified the beginning of November for payback, so that's still a month out. I'll gladly remove the cautionary warning after you've paid back your loans you currently have out.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
LiquidGamerX (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:40:09 PM

Your wrong tomatocage.  The two loans are due November 1st.  Now because of the negative comment,  I might get to miss out on a great deal going on at bitmit.com.   I have two block erupter blades on order, and was hoping to get 2 more to add to my mining rigs.  Now since I have been flagged I may not get the loan.

I'm not really crying about it.  Just wondering if anyone else believes that this is a little too aggressive.  Some people are legitimately trying to run a business, and are looking to establish positive feedback.  I thrive on positive feedback.
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:51:21 PM

I agree: you should repay your previous loans before asking for new ones...

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:54:27 PM

I agree: you should repay your previous loans before asking for new ones...

i second this motion. it must be nice to get all these loans

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
LiquidGamerX (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:12:44 PM

Seems we are kinda moving off the topic.  Or am I to take it that it is OK to flag people early?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 03:16:50 PM

Seems we are kinda moving off the topic.  Or am I to take it that it is OK to flag people early?

Yes, if the warning signs are there.

There is no issue - he will remove the rep when you pay off a loan. 

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:16:42 PM

That's what the Trust system is there for. You're not tagged as a scammer (there's actually a special tag for that), so the rating is merely a cautionary sign.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
dragonkid

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:20:46 PM

I said in my comment I'd remove the rating after you repay your loans. I flagged you to prevent any further losses should you decide to skip town with the coins. Payment is due on your two existing loans today, so your neg rating with either be removed today or will stay forever. It's up to you.

Edit: I see for https://btcjam.com/listings/6823 you specified the beginning of November for payback, so that's still a month out. I'll gladly remove the cautionary warning after you've paid back your loans you currently have out.

This looks reasonable to me. If you don't pay your loan, then of course you should be flag for others to know for the trust system.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: