Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:17:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A versatile hardware wallet  (Read 128 times)
Amstellodamois (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:47:15 PM

I started mining a few weeks ago and I'm starting to have quite a few different kinds of coins Grin
BWK, LUX, XVG, ABS, FXC, ... and, obviously BTC and ETH.

I know I won't be able to get all of them to one hardware device but if I'd like to use one that will allow to diversify my cryptocurrency portfolio.
Security is a concern as well but not the most major one. What do you reckon?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:54:36 PM

I started mining a few weeks ago and I'm starting to have quite a few different kinds of coins Grin

I know I won't be able to get all of them to one hardware device but if I'd like to use one that will allow to diversify my cryptocurrency portfolio.
Ledger nano s supports more crypto currencies than Trezor. I believe Ledger nano s is a good choice for your all in one hardware wallet. You won't regret that.

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:56:47 PM

Nano Ledger S supports by far the most and they have monthly votes I think on what coin to add next.

Nefarious

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:15:55 PM

Yeah the Ledger Nano S is your best option at the moment. It's not perfect but it's a great hardware wallet that holds widest selection of coins.
rbt

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:18:30 PM

You should take a look at Nano Ledger S - I`m using it since last year and I warmly recommend it. It supports many coins and continuously makes efforts to support more in the near future (the only thing that doesn`t make me say it`s perfect right now is the fact that I can`t store IOTA, but there are plans to implement even IOTA in two months, check IOTA`s subreddit to see more details about the progress that was made).
pikatju

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:23:51 PM

Are you going to keep these for long term? Why not just send them directly to the exchange and change them into the coins that you plan on keeping long term. Besides that Nano Ledger S is the state of the art. But it can only keep 5 different wallets.

Amstellodamois (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:03:10 PM

So, the Nano S is the most secure and offers the widest range of coins? The French really nailed it, it seems.

I'm a bit disappointed by the "max 5 wallets at the same time" thing. I assume I can deactivate one of them and use a new one whenever I want, though, correct?
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:08:03 PM

I have several times expressed my position on the purses, or rather the individual devices that are a purse. In general, I think that today I will also speak out in support of this kind of technology, because today security should be a level higher.

Amstellodamois (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:23:41 PM

What?
cryptomngr

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:32:05 PM

Mining requires a lot of initial investments,rigs are too expensive but if you really have the money and resources mining would be very profitable.If you want to have a stable investment go with the solid altcoins out there,plenty of them are very underated so you can still have some solid coins that has a lot of potentials to grow and you will find it thru researching.

stefanotomakan

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:45:19 PM

In june this year Archos will launch their first hardware wallet to compete with Ledger Nano S, however Giza seems more promising (and holds multiple coins). Still, I consider paper wallets the safest (laminated and locked away in a safe)
Amstellodamois (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:06:37 PM

I won't trust Archos for such a sensible piece of hardware Cheesy

Paper wallets might be best but they're a pain if you actually want to do transactions.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:15:13 PM

Both ledger and trezor are good and secure. Seems like ledger suppprt more Altcoin than Trezor.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

totnaksquad

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:50:26 PM

Do not use hardwallets other than ledger nano s and trezor these wallets are the most trusted and recommended by the community and experts,mining would be profitable if you have good mining rigs which requires a lot of electricity to be consumed,always protect yourself with these hackers so that your mining would be more profitable,spending some dollars for the hardwallet will save your ass from getting hacked.

Amstellodamois (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:48:10 PM

Currently wondering if I should buy the bundle with the Cryptosteel card. Feels like a gadget for the moment...

Anyway, I read that Ledger was going to develop their own app(s) because the Google Chrome apps were due to die...any date on that?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: