Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be AWARE. Mobile payment is coming our way.  (Read 465 times)
Jacsnuffles (OP)

Activity: 211
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:09:05 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 03:28:45 AM by Jacsnuffles

I watched a video earlier about Chinese people using mobile payment. I don't know if it was a practice years ago, but that news has caused me so much thinking.

Do you like the idea of paying using your mobile phone? What if it is Bitcoin? Can you track your daily expenses with the price changing every minute? Do you think this will be a good idea to give your child his/her allowance? What if the price went down fast in a sec? Will you use it while in a down price or will you choose to forget about buying your stuff instead of making a transaction with your funds in a low market price?

Are you prepared for this? Because the future has so much to offer. We should be more aware and ready.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
focmere

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:17:29 PM

As a matter of fact, people use a mobile to browse on the internet far much frequent than they use the PC.
The Mobile market is one with much potential!
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:44:36 PM

I watched a video just earlier and I was not able to see it again since it was on twitter. I forgot to remember the name of someone who tweeted it because I was so amazed by what I was watching. Chinese people are using mobile payment. I don't know if it was a practice years ago, but that news struck me just awhile ago.

Do you like the idea of paying using your mobile phone? For example, you have 5BTC in your mobile wallet, can you track your daily expenses since the price is changing every minute. Do you think this will be a good idea to give your child his/her allowance? What if the price went down fast in a sec? Will you use it with a down price or will you choose to be hungry instead of making a transaction in a bad market price?

Are you prepared for this? Because the future has so much to offer. You should be more aware. We must be ready.

Well those Chinese apps use fiat money. Every government's wet dreams.

As for bitcoins it isn't exactly the best for transactions now because of the volatility as you've already mentioned. IMHO, many countries would probably go the Chinese path, with transactions in cash becoming less and less common but still using the fiat currency. Though this means some loss of privacy (the government can track your consumption) I think it might make it easier for bitcoins to coexist with fiat.

Just convert your btc and then send it to that fiat wallet and use that to buy stuff, no need to en cash anything. Basically just use BTC for storage.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:53:26 PM

Certainly it's great! Such applications will be much more, in due course, as now there are a lot of projects connected with mobile applications on the ICO market. The fact that crypto currency will always be at hand is convenient.

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:18:22 PM

I watched a video just earlier and I was not able to see it again since it was on twitter. I forgot to remember the name of someone who tweeted it because I was so amazed by what I was watching. Chinese people are using mobile payment. I don't know if it was a practice years ago, but that news struck me just awhile ago.

Do you like the idea of paying using your mobile phone? For example, you have 5BTC in your mobile wallet, can you track your daily expenses since the price is changing every minute. Do you think this will be a good idea to give your child his/her allowance? What if the price went down fast in a sec? Will you use it with a down price or will you choose to be hungry instead of making a transaction in a bad market price?

Are you prepared for this? Because the future has so much to offer. You should be more aware. We must be ready.

Well those Chinese apps use fiat money. Every government's wet dreams.

As for bitcoins it isn't exactly the best for transactions now because of the volatility as you've already mentioned. IMHO, many countries would probably go the Chinese path, with transactions in cash becoming less and less common but still using the fiat currency. Though this means some loss of privacy (the government can track your consumption) I think it might make it easier for bitcoins to coexist with fiat.

Just convert your btc and then send it to that fiat wallet and use that to buy stuff, no need to en cash anything. Basically just use BTC for storage.
Sweeden (and some others) have already managed to go cashless (OK, the public toilets are still working with coins in case of power outage, those coins are the remaining part of the cash in that country, but everything else is done by cards or mobile transactions).
So if they were able to do that, it's possible and I can imagine that goverment and the tax authorities are actively supporting this and would support this in every other country.
If you really want to have some privacy in a cashless country, you can try the prepaid debit cards, but you have to top it up somehow, somewhere, so it's not easy. But, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear... But privacy is a good thing to have...
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:31:38 PM

Mobile payment is good to use if there is stability of price in cryptocurrency such as bitcoin. I caught what your talking about like giving it to your child or buying goods in a daily life consumption, but it seems like it is hard to rely in mobile payment if there is volatility in the coin. Specially, if it will fluctuates in a matter of seconds. The fact here is that, your children needs to know better on the technical analysis and you need to bring an extra budget if you will buy goods in the market.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:30:37 PM

Where is your source? there is no mobile payment in my country.

🖤😏
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:35:40 PM

The first bitcoin payment issue is the unstable price, I will cancel my purchase if the bitcoin price is falling far away, because if I do not do that I will be a big loss especially if the price is below my purchase price.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
noloco

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:38:39 PM

What is the difference paying by mobile phone or by credit card? In the end a machine read a chip and the payment is validated...

Ashe-J

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:04:39 AM

WE, as the crypto investers, we want just to limit the terms of reference ( the power ) of the banks not completly delete it , We still need them, at least to buy bitcoin via credit card haha
csdga

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:28:17 AM

As a matter of fact, people use a mobile to browse on the internet far much frequent than they use the PC.
The Mobile market is one with much potential!

I think that mobile payment is gradually becoming the new direction of the development of electronic payment, and the domestic mobile payment industry has also shown a strong growth trend. I believe in the future mobile payment product maturity and experience will be further enhanced, when the bitcoin development to a certain extent, I believe it will also become an important way for financial convenience, benefit the people, inclusiveness.
lepbagong

Activity: 2282
Merit: 121

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:49:34 AM

if it can be done, not all can determine the policy, because each country has a policy that is not the same.
so if there is, a happiness in itself.
benefit of the problem .... (I am also a non-existent country)

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
gwapo.zylle

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:50:01 AM

In my own opinion about that I agree because its a good benifits to us. I tried many times paying through mobile payment. Like payment on my load and credit payments. Its a good idea to use that because its hassole free. Many of my friends and relative do that always. You we no longer to go to the market or in service center, you need to do it to use your mobile phone payment.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:55:30 AM

I watched a video earlier about Chinese people using mobile payment. I don't know if it was a practice years ago, but that news has caused me so much thinking.

Do you like the idea of paying using your mobile phone? What if it is Bitcoin? Can you track your daily expenses with the price changing every minute? Do you think this will be a good idea to give your child his/her allowance? What if the price went down fast in a sec? Will you use it while in a down price or will you choose to forget about buying your stuff instead of making a transaction with your funds in a low market price?

Are you prepared for this? Because the future has so much to offer. We should be more aware and ready.

Well that is being practiced in some selected outlets in the Philippines. There are stores that accepts bitcoin and all you need is a mobile phone and an application to drink coffee in a cafe. Also there are many online merchants in the Philippines that are accepting bitcoins using your mobile phone you can browse it on facebook and send your bitcoin to purchase the item and the merchant will send it to your address.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:01:28 AM

yes, I've been thinking about the big revolution of payment technology with mobile, it's hard to think about, but it's a technological innovation amid the running of time. and we are required to understand it, so we are not left behind.

and I'm sure, crypto will be a tool of world payment transactions. and I personally was ready to accept crypto as a means of payment.

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:08:41 AM

I guess the OP is talking about this one.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/08/china-is-living-the-future-of-mobile-pay-right-now.html

I don't know but I am not really surprised by these. In fact I thought that China will be the one who will be using bitcoin frequently last year but since they've banned bitcoin, I think mobile payments will be really the next trend and not the card payment. Just to make it clear, that is not bitcoin but just fiat being sent online.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:13:37 AM

Can you track your daily expenses with the price changing every minute?

as a matter of fact the price doesn't change that much every day. bitcoin is volatile, that is true; but the huge volatility that you are thinking of which is price changing every minute is not happening that often.

as for the mobile payment, you can do that right now. there are lots of mobile wallets out there which are pretty good too. and with Lightning Network we will be able to do it a lot more efficiently in near future.

There is a FOMO brewing...
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:15:24 AM

The op is talking about QR code payment through mobile. This payment is very interesting, once you make a purchase and want to pay the desired amount you need to just scan the bill copy QR code from your bank app. Once the bank app recognise the QR code the payment would be sent automatically from your bank account to the merchant, this way you don't need a card or fiat to make a payment. This is also called card less payment by banks.
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:20:09 AM

It is really happening now but not that wide. Mobile payment is a revolutionary thing happen on mobile capability. it is a hassle free paying of bills and this is not a idea anymore. In fact here in our country our trusted wallet app which is coins.ph is capable of paying bills on telecomms, electricity bills , Tuition fees and many more on selected companies.
leland orser

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:21:50 AM

I think the era of mobile payment has come for China.
But other countries may be more inclined to use credit CARDS and cash payments, so I think there is a high probability that the cryptocurrency will be used to replace fiat money.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: