Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:01:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $5k Portfolio  (Read 464 times)
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:17:58 AM

What currencies would you buy with, and why? Looking to make a great portfolio, and somewhere to start. LTC got my attention, but the recent news kind of scares me owning so much of it. I'd like to stay towards the more well known Crypto's and no shit coins. I'd like to stay in the top 15-20
Bitcoin, Cardano, Ripple, Ethereum and NEO these are the best portfolio in my choice. I think all five coins are long term promising coins. But many spam news are spread the crypto market so you are scared in  the crypto investment. So if you want but cryptocurrency you analyse the future possibilities of that coin then invest soon and don't consider the fake news.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:18:12 AM

you can divide your money into 5 coins (1k$) each but with that kind of money investing only in top 20 won't get much profit try expand your options in top 100 for higher potential .

nesso

Activity: 638
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:33:36 AM

i think you should take some risk and invest only in the most known coins. neo, ada, ethereum are very successful coins of course. but add coins that are somewhat risky and potentially next to it. you can buy ven and ripio Smiley
KsaAZaks

Activity: 219
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 09:40:06 AM

ETH is low risk invest and will make minimum x2 this year
loganloganlo (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:04:42 AM

What are your desired/expected returns from $5k? How long do you plan to hold?

Often you see people expecting 10x from the top coins, if you're fine with 2-3x I would say this is more realistic for top coins.

I don't really care for 10x from top coins, even if I got 2-5x return over the next year or so I'd be fine with that.

I feel like even by then, the crypto currency will have moved on to possibly the next generation of coin and we'll see more strong consistent ones rise.

I'd like to hold my coins until the end of the year.

Plus the only other issue that I'm running into, is that I can't find a safe and reliable site to use.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1186

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:05:02 AM

What currencies would you buy with, and why? Looking to make a great portfolio, and somewhere to start. LTC got my attention, but the recent news kind of scares me owning so much of it. I'd like to stay towards the more well known Crypto's and no shit coins. I'd like to stay in the top 15-20
currently i only trade in my local exchanger, now i hold some tokens like tokenomy and for the coins i hold Lumens. will hold for long time maybe because my local exchanger  as the token developer said that this token will listed on other exchange soon

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:20:24 AM

ETH cause it will pump in near future like 2x Times and even could try to chase bitcoin, BTC that is an easy answer, WAVES  cause price of even 100$ is possible, and some of your amount invest in some risky coins/ thrash.

preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:02:58 PM

What are your desired/expected returns from $5k? How long do you plan to hold?

Often you see people expecting 10x from the top coins, if you're fine with 2-3x I would say this is more realistic for top coins.

I don't really care for 10x from top coins, even if I got 2-5x return over the next year or so I'd be fine with that.

I feel like even by then, the crypto currency will have moved on to possibly the next generation of coin and we'll see more strong consistent ones rise.

I'd like to hold my coins until the end of the year.

Plus the only other issue that I'm running into, is that I can't find a safe and reliable site to use.

Very realistic approach and you are right on your views around things changing, if you view the top 10 from last year MaidSafeCoin was one, it's now ranked #96, Augur was another which is now ranked #41

Augur = started 2017 at 0.0039 Sat value, it's now 0.0041, not much of an increase there vs holding just BTC, about 5% more than just holding BTC
MaidSafe = not so good, lost a lot of Sat value over 2017, went from 0.0001 to 0.000035 in sat value, loss of 65% BTC value

To get an idea here is CMC from Jan 03 2017, https://web.archive.org/web/20170103043616/https://coinmarketcap.com/#USD

This logic of "you'll be safe on the top 10" is bs in my eyes.

The altcoins in the top 10 which I think can gain BTC value this year are:
NEO, ADA, EOS, Monero and Eth, the others might but this is where my confidence would be out of the top 10, I don't hold half the ones mentioned though.

Currently, I would have more faith investing in certain coins out of the top 10 for BTC growth like Nano, Komodo, OmiseGo, Neblio and a few others, once again this is just my view.

I could recommend other coins I have faith in with lower caps but this goes against your approach, Neblio is low but it's my #1 coin for the year, still recommend doing your research.

The key is to increase BTC value, a lot of coins will go up in dollar value due to BTC climbing, but unless BTC value goes up you're better just holding BTC, and this is going to be the safest option hands down.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:10:35 PM

ETH cause it will pump in near future like 2x Times and even could try to chase bitcoin, BTC that is an easy answer, WAVES  cause price of even 100$ is possible, and some of your amount invest in some risky coins/ thrash.

Ethereum is next best coin to bitcoin but recently days competition given by NEO and ADA team smart contract fight. I see ethereum seems low in the market. Please choose the ethereum when you want to invest for long term focus.
If you want to make the money instantly go with Ripple or other cheap coins which are lower than 10 USD or top 10 cheap coins.
This will give the better income with the portfolio you designed.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:25:42 PM

Do not invest ин too many coins at once because later will be harder control all. The best option will be invest in 2-3 coins. I recommend you choose eth, litecoin and waves

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:50:27 AM

Spread your five grand to one grand each coin and my advice buy some coin with its own blockchain 3 coin like : Neo, Litecoin, exscudo. And two token on top of ethereum blockchain but with real project like : crypterium, aurora token. Or buy when ico like : savedroid, repux and denaro

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
jackflag

Activity: 630

Glad to see you

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:00:15 AM

if you want to take good stable coins from top -20. You can pay attention on ZEC, DASH, (XEm, ADA, TRX, Stellar- very cheap now) also ETC and XRP.  All this coins are good and can make a good profit in 2018.  Also hold some part of your deposit in btc and Cash for buy cheap positions.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 01:19:05 AM

Coinseed whose ICO will be starting soon.A very good platform to invest in,an app has already been launched and more to follow.Then You can get some proof suite tokens,Ethereum,Internxt too are good options

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:37:17 AM

Why not, these threads are fun. Here is my take:

1) Conservative approach: Someone that wants to make big gains but long term, minimizing risk

$4k - Bitcoin
$800 - Monero
$200 - Any other altcoin with potential to pump due hype

2) Reckless approach: Trying to ride the hype wave on some altcoin which is being sold as something big, being this true or not

$1k - Bitcoin
$1k - IOTA
$1k - Hashgraph
$1k - EOS
$1k - Monero (switch to anything more risky if you want)

That's my take. Always have at least $1k on Bitcoin in case you fuck up big time.
LaLegiste

Activity: 434

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:57:43 AM

I would diversify it as follows:
1k - BTC,
1k - ETH,
these two would be the stability fund of this portfolio;
1k - fundamental platform projects, would divide it into several coins: NEO, Stellar, Cardano, EOS, ICON (my personal favorites here are ICX and NEO);
1k - anonymous currencies: Monero, Dash, ZCash;
1k - a bit risky investments which promise big profits in my opinion, though you seriously cut such possibilities limiting portfolio with top 15-20: TRON, Qtum, IOTA and my favorite in this category NANO.

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1617

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:27:58 AM

2k: NEO
1k: Cardano
500: ZEC
500: ETH
500: PCL (watch out for this, will be the surprise hit for 2018 with their predictive AI)
500: XLM

JaRViZZ

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:46:21 AM

Now for investments, coins like monero, dash, stratis, lisk, spectrum and other similar ones are also very pleasant, but they are very focused on the future but have not yet reached their heights. I'm not talking about the top 5 on the market.

wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:14:06 AM

Do not invest ин too many coins at once because later will be harder control all. The best option will be invest in 2-3 coins. I recommend you choose eth, litecoin and waves
This will suits only for conservative people. Investments In ETH,LTC & WAVES will maximum give him x1.5-x2 profit.
5k$ is too small sum for investing in TOP10 alts, better to buy 10-15 young and perspective coins which can give profit x10+.
onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:40:31 AM

Neo, vechain and litecoin are very good prices to make purchasing right now. I think these coins are very good to invest. I have very good ideas especially about neo and ven and they have very big potential. I think the prices will rise Smiley

Gotomoon

Activity: 719

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:57:56 AM

Neo, vechain and litecoin are very good prices to make purchasing right now. I think these coins are very good to invest. I have very good ideas especially about neo and ven and they have very big potential. I think the prices will rise Smiley
Yes neo is good but you can add in your coins is ethereum. Market is in down these days and the best entry to purchase at this rate. Venchain is also good they are updated on their project. So we invest that could offer a nice profit at the end.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: