Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:06:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as money  (Read 1140 times)
@ophiuchuss13

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:03:12 PM

Opportunity bitkoyna as a monetary unit is possible, pay for purchases, services and in any country, what more a free person needs for Wink in my opinion we needs to wait, the future will not be long in coming.
De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:23:56 PM

They say that bitcoin is the future of money. What do you think if we use bitcoin in everyday lives as a money? Like buying foods. Or buying clothes. Do you imagine it positively or negatively?

Bitcoin as a currency would be a possible alternative for money. You dont have to look hard on your purse for cash just to pay for your food or your clothes. This also like credit or debit card but much more easier because you just have to use your smartphone. Transactions are also cheaper
Alopu

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:34:27 PM

Money, as we know, has two functions. It can be used for transactions, or it can be held as an asset. Is Bitcoin then a means of transaction, or is it an asset? Or is it both, as almost all currencies are?
I would argue that Bitcoins cannot be meaningfully used for transactions, except in a very restrictive sense, and hence are not money.
It is an asset class, and speculative pressures explain the volatility of its price. I am restricting myself here to Bitcoins, considering it to be representative of other cryptocurrencies.
The reason that Bitcoins are not used for everyday transactions, unlike all other forms of money, is because it simply cannot be scaled . Any transaction in paper money is independent of any other transaction; it is independent of how many other transactions are taking place simultaneously in the system. It is fully scalable, subject only to the amount of currency in the system.
In the world of digital transactions, decent credit card systems today can handle 60,000 transactions a second. Bitcoin, as it involves solving a hard cryptographic problem, can currently handle only 3 to 7 transactions a second, as each block contains a maximum of 2,000 transactions, and takes about 10 minutes to mine. That means that transaction completion times can be anything from a few minutes to hours, and if it is for everyday transactions, the transaction cost can become a very large fraction of the transaction itself.
One set of transactions with cryptocurrency can still happen in the real world. These are criminal transactions, where anonymity is the key; where those hijacking your computer using the Wannacry ransomware demand to be paid in Bitcoins. Apart from such criminal transactions, there does not appear to be any reason why transactions in the real world should take place in Bitcoins.
Why is the value of cryptocurrencies than yaw-yawing wildly?
As we answered, it is largely speculation. More than 40 per cent of all Bitcoins are held by less than 1,000 accounts, leading to the potential for large market manipulations. Further, with transborder flows becoming important in the age of tax havens, a number of the super rich want to hedge their bets by holding their wealth in different forms: from stolen paintings to Bitcoins.
In the age of global financial oligarchy, the hype in Bitcoins and its wild fluctuations are simply indicators of the increasing criminalisation of the financial system.
investorss

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:36:01 PM

They say that bitcoin is the future of money. What do you think if we use bitcoin in everyday lives as a money? Like buying foods. Or buying clothes. Do you imagine it positively or negatively?
I am positive about this, and I hope that soon we will really buy everything for the crypt
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:18:17 PM

Bitcoin is an improved version of credit or debit card which transact faster and more cheaper fees.  Btc can be a money to pay but for now,  ca be used as money on big establishments an those which are capable of transacting with btc.  But the world wont stop here because in the future btc will spell money in all financial  and business centers

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
marjoree

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:31:18 PM

Bitcoin as money is what other people think because as you can see, it can be used for transactions. Bitcoin can be converted into cash which means that we can use it even in real life. People keep on saying that bitcoin is the future money, but the thing is, how do we come up with this idea if the bitcoin's value is not stable? It will only affect the individual if there's a sudden drop of value.

gurupauts

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:00:59 PM

in the future it may be bitcoin can be a legitimate currency and can be used in some places, but bitcoin is a digital currency which of course its use will be different from paper money because it will need inernet to be able to use it and I think not everyone can access bitcoin because it does not have internet facility

RepublicSpace

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:10:10 PM

It is just differently. I don't think that now we can judge about all advantages and disadvantages but of course there will be both but it is just interesting to imagine
Violetta Shigina

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

for almost 10 years this crypto currency has not only been constantly improving, but also to beat all new records at its cost. But if you think about it, what is so curious about it in fact?
Khaconk

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:22:27 PM

in my opinion bitcoin is no longer a digital currency as a digital asset, because the price is very high and the cost is also higher
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:48:57 PM

Bitcoin can be used as a currency in the future, bitcoin can be used as a tool to buy everyday needs, but certainly if it happens, bitcoin will be taxed. If bitcoin has become a currency in the future, there will be a special bank for bitcoin also in the future.
Use bitcoin to buy thing we need for our life, bitcoin can buy us everything and can get high both time,. Potential of bitcoin is allowing us to live a happy life. Bitcoin does not have any bank but it has several wallets like we can save a lot of bitcoin in our wallet so it will grow and will increase with time. At every pump in price bitcoin increase thousands of dollars, so bitcoin is asset and it is money as well,
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:17:58 PM

at the moment this remains just a dream but with the implement of new devs and lightning network it can be possible only if this speculation and manipulation thing can be reduced significantly and price be stable
It is a fact that we need the practical support of this lighting network in order to make bitcoin work smoothly. Bitcoin is still in some parts of the world used as a currency but all these states are usually highly developed ones where people are already switched to plastic money from cash. For them, it is not tough to work with and deal in bitcoin and they are doing so. Rest of the world needs time.
weston4mills

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:27:47 PM

I think this is the direction we are heading. In few years we will use bitcoin to buy anything we normally buy with other currencies

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:29:30 PM

If government will implement bitcoins today as a currency on the entire country then i think that people will not really accept that at all since not everyone is capable or earning cryptocurrency but in the future there will be really a chance since other countries are planning the same idea as well.
CryptoBatman1

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:39:32 PM

That's what the original vision of Satoshi, to used bitcoin as digital currency without third party involved. However, in the last couple of years, bitcoin has become a investment platform like store of wealth for big investors.

Of course I would like it to be like cash that we can used for our everyday lives, sadly though its not yet realized but I'm still positive that we can achieved that in the future.

So let see how it goes specially with Lightning Network already in the horizon. You can open channels from A to B and transaction will be quick and seamless.
Agree with your opinion.
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:07:05 PM

Bitcoin will be the future crypro if accepted and embraced by a large number of people, its already being used as a mode of payment, but as soon al the governments legalize it completely then it will be used freely as a means of transaction
hydeevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:47:40 PM

A few minutes ago, I have read an article who said that bitcoin should never be considered as money instead a store value because as you can see its value is not stable and dealing with crypto currencies is unsure due to the fact that there are some countries who banned bitcoin. However, it always depends on someone's opinion.
Here's the link about the article I've read earlier: https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2018/01/25/will-the-price-of-bitcoin-keep-dropping/#3bc415b9597f"
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:19:43 PM

Actually, it is a good idea to make bitcoin as the future of the money. It is likely what Satoshi purposes at first. But now, it seems to be difficult to realize it. For, many countries still hold and run the currency in fiat and traditional system. In this era, we may use the bitcoin as payment method for some certain transaction or make it as good investment, but for money as the traditional, it seems difficult. But in the enxt future by years, I still have no idea. Because, sometimes everything changes immediatelly and unpredictably. But in my opinion, I hope that sometimes Bitcoin can work together well with cash or traditional system in this world, hope many people realize this digital currency and many companies use the payment and transaction from bictoin.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Btcwashu

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:52:09 PM

Actually, it is a good idea to make bitcoin as the future of the money. It is likely what Satoshi purposes at first. But now, it seems to be difficult to realize it. For, many countries still hold and run the currency in fiat and traditional system. In this era, we may use the bitcoin as payment method for some certain transaction or make it as good investment, but for money as the traditional, it seems difficult. But in the enxt future by years, I still have no idea. Because, sometimes everything changes immediatelly and unpredictably. But in my opinion, I hope that sometimes Bitcoin can work together well with cash or traditional system in this world, hope many people realize this digital currency and many companies use the payment and transaction from bictoin.

Bitcoin as a money will happen if all the government in all country adopting the world of crypto but as of now some country didn't adopt the crypto world and its hard to realize that bitcoin will become a future money for the payment of our daily needs.
shibisu

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:13:00 AM

From various sources found Bitcoin as cryptocurrency money which is basically a digital currency.
This currency of form and storage is digital. the inventor of Bitcoin for the first time was a / programmer (not yet certain-red) programmer who used the name Satoshi Nakamoto.

Bitcoin can be used to purchase various services such as games up to website hosting. for now, the number of services receiving Bitcoin is still quite limited.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: