Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is technical analysis vital?  (Read 2482 times)
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:44:24 AM

Hi I was wondering what the general consensus was on the use of technical analysis in making long term investments. I know short term day traders get allot of use out of it but if I'm investing in a project based on fundamentals does the technical analysis matter?
They are quite good but not 100%. I do make use of those  You just need to the best source or a group where you can get reliable analysis from experts, but it still doesn’t mean you should go to bed and sleep,  you still need to be at alert and watch your trade to know how things are moving cause it may not be as predicted. The analysis may predict left and along the way the chart may turn right and you will lose. That’s why I said they are not 100% reliable.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:47:58 AM

Hi I was wondering what the general consensus was on the use of technical analysis in making long term investments. I know short term day traders get allot of use out of it but if I'm investing in a project based on fundamentals does the technical analysis matter?
Technical analysis is equally important in investing. But you need to have a proper analysis strategy. At present there are many books and mentors showing us ineffective types of analysis. You need to select carefully before applying it for making money,

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:00:06 AM

I believe so, we are humans and we have emotions but mathematics don't,I would rather to trust to numbers than emotions, that's why TA matters, I always check TA before any kind of trading, fundamental news is important too and I think these 2 should be use together in trading to decrease the risk,still noting is 100% in here!

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
karthcrypt

Activity: 266

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:45:15 AM

Technical an analysis can be liken to a compass  and ruder on a ship.  No matter how big the ship is,  these tool is the only guarantee that ship has to sailed through the Sea safely to the shore!

hastang

Activity: 149
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:55:35 PM

its really vital, most specially to the daily trader. technical analysis guides the trader to make profit in the market. There are so many millionaires because of technical analysis. This is the fundamental of trading.
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:51:34 PM

yes, it is. I never take a trade based on FA solely.
but its kinda overhyped because if you buy the dip of a fundamentally great coin you cant go wrong
Jaci

Activity: 219

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:03:37 PM

As I know technical analysis not work properly because long long ago I use this technology for coin analysis but on that time this is not work, so at the moment I not support technical analysis. If you use and if this system work properly so you can use this system because if it shout in your analysis so you can must use it.
Cryptosuperb

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:34:22 PM

technical analysis can be obsolete if anyone can dump the coin to zero.

This is the key! You cant use technical analysis on low vol coins, and in crypto there are just too many of them. Best way to use it in crypto is on total market cap of all cryptocurrencies. 200 bilion dolar market is not that easy to manipulate.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:54:43 PM

Technical analysis is one of the helpers to guess the right direction. I can't say TA works fully especially in crypto. Some money can change the direction as the value of cryptomarket is so low. The best is fundamental analysis in crypto.
TURBOCottonnmouth

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:57:15 PM

I have a feeling that TA is just an exquisite kind of BS. Looks more like astrology to me  Grin
lavanderN

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:59:08 PM

I think if you are not into swing or day trading, TA might not be that important for long term investment- other factors come into play.
OutlawFat

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:21:35 PM

Only of you are into fiction, IMHO. I don't really believe in it. The idea is good, but leaves much to be perfect.
apimembership

Activity: 448
Merit: 124

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:10:14 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 03:24:59 AM by apimembership

it can give you info with Fundemantal Analysis (FA) and i think people should use it to get some info about the coin not fully invest because of TA  or FA. they can guide you to act smarter
Cointoli

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:02:29 PM

Technical analysis is one of the helpers to guess the right direction. I can't say TA works fully especially in crypto. Some money can change the direction as the value of cryptomarket is so low. The best is fundamental analysis in crypto.
Technical analysis is a necessary factor for investors to identify better buy and sell points in this market. Although it is not entirely accurate as there are a lot of coins being dominated by speculators and the Exchange but it is still a very necessary factor to invest in financial markets.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:56:20 PM

Of course it is important! First of all, we need to assess the situation on the market with the help of technical analysis. This is the only way to trade sensibly. Only having technical analysis can correctly calculate the entry and exit points from the position. Of course, we should not forget about the news. The crypto market is very influenced by news. Especially dangerous are fake news. So you need to trade relying on technical analysis and be sure to take into account all the news of the world of crypto currencies, which can affect the price movement.
Fundamental analysis is important for those engaged in long term trading. But before you buy a coin relying on a fundamental analysis, you still need to choose the right point of purchase. So, for example, if I wanted to buy bitcoin in December 2017 for long term trading, and didn't conduct technical analysis, then now I would feel uncomfortable. And in the future, my profit would be many times less than in a situation where I would rely on technical analysis to choose the correct entry point.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lynks

Activity: 265
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:53:51 AM
Merited by gamer4156 (1)

It is very important especailly in a bearish market like this. It will give you a very clear understanding on how to buy and when to buy so that you dont end up buying the pump and selling the dip. Technical analysis will help you to maximise profit
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:22:44 AM

If you believe in the fundamentals, technical analysis would help you to find a better time to buy to maximize your gains.

But many people don't think it works.

Personally, I have had a few success trades. TA try to predicts human behavior statistically, not the future.
Technical and Fundamental Analysis are just key factors or measurement to know the future price. We can predict the movement of the market when we have knowledge on charts and reaction of the market. But we cannot assure that our prediction might come true because no one can predict the market accurately.
Domicbora

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:55:27 AM

It's extremely difficult to apply technical analysis to crypto markets.  The cryptocurrency market does not correlate with the stock market trends.  This market is highly manipulated by whales so a lot of the swings don't make any technical sense.   I know its cliche, but the best investment strategy for 95% of people is to simply buy and hold.
But for someone who has been in this field for long and understands the future as well as the potential of coins, he can make pretty good analysis. Technical analysis is a skill that is required highly by day traders or short term traders. For long term ones, having trust in their coin is more than enough to make profit out of their asset. This is what I have seen so far.
kalashnikovski

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:38:43 PM

You will can to find type of cycle  where the price of active. You will can to find trends, correction, point enter. Of course the technical analysis will be very useful for you.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:54:41 PM

In simple terms for long term trading, just get a good project and invest in and sleep. No need to be checking daily. Basically read their whitepaper, community and team
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: