Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:28:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Newbies on here have a steemit account?  (Read 319 times)
itsandylandman (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 9

"Don't look back but never forget"

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 10:01:00 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Hey Guys I really like the Steemit network. Ive always felt that there should be some sort of compensation system built into likes, and shares and all that stuff. I am interested in finding other people that have and write original content on steemit because i want to see what they have to say. So i dont really want a bunch of re-posters, i want to read blogs people on here have written.

Also, what are your thoughts on Steemit? Do you think it has some fatal flaw?

The social media that is more commonly used is being monitored and censored more and more, and quality content has no choice but to adapt to the new networks. I feel like any real information that will come out in the future will do so on platforms like dtube and steemit.
What do you think? Do you still trust what you see on FB and Twitter?

I'd love to hear what you all think.

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." -Napolian Hill
-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:15:37 AM

I'm a newbie to Steemit. My account was approved yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to do anything yet.

I plan to use it to brand a new range of products, and I have never done this before. The brand name is upr8, and I own the .com. I won't have any stock, and I won't charge for any products, the idea is to create your own product from everyday items that you already have, or you can get for nothing. For example -

upr8 healthy gums. Gum disease is painful and can lead to loss of teeth. Current remedies are based on the use of antibiotics, which affects the whole body and can damage the immune system. upr8 healthy gums goes straight to the problem, and just treats the damaged area. This minimises any risk of side effects. The treatment is simple, just add a bit of sea salt to some warm water, and rinse the mouth twice a day. This kills the bacteria that causes most gum disease. It can be used as a prevention as well as a cure.

I'm looking at video editing software that I can use on a notebook ( core i5 at the moment ), so any tips about this would be really helpful.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
itsandylandman (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 03:10:08 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

I'm a newbie to Steemit. My account was approved yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to do anything yet.

I plan to use it to brand a new range of products, and I have never done this before. The brand name is upr8, and I own the .com. I won't have any stock, and I won't charge for any products, the idea is to create your own product from everyday items that you already have, or you can get for nothing. For example -

upr8 healthy gums. Gum disease is painful and can lead to loss of teeth. Current remedies are based on the use of antibiotics, which affects the whole body and can damage the immune system. upr8 healthy gums goes straight to the problem, and just treats the damaged area. This minimises any risk of side effects. The treatment is simple, just add a bit of sea salt to some warm water, and rinse the mouth twice a day. This kills the bacteria that causes most gum disease. It can be used as a prevention as well as a cure.

I'm looking at video editing software that I can use on a notebook ( core i5 at the moment ), so any tips about this would be really helpful.

I like it, because information is free nowdays to anyone with a decent internet connection, so the one way to still provide a service around information is to disseminate it, and organize it which it sounds like is what you are doing. you should create subsections tho IMO. Like upr8.com/remedy and upr8.com/rx
If you are going the natural route, mindfulness and meditation is a huge topic right now that can generate a lot of traffic, and I think the name upr8 kind of lends it'sself to that. I also just like the look of the "upr8" It would look good on apparel like jackets, hats, and mugs. If you need any promotional stuff eventually or marketing help hit me up with a message. My family owns and operates a promotional product distributor.
Ill keep an eye out for ya tho!

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." -Napolian Hill
-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Bucc5207

Activity: 29
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:32:53 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

I've been on steemit for about a month (as mountainherb).  It has some flaws, maybe not fatal but serious:

- It's more a platform for content creators than a social media site.  Unlike FB or Twitter, for example, you really can't post a brief thought and start a conversation with friends/followers/the universe.
 - There is an enormous amount of junk, with no good way to filter it out AFAIK.
 - There is no mechanism for contacting another steemer directly.
 - They separated the actual conversational aspect into steemchat, which is even worse for junk and lack of filtering.

Overall, I like the idea of it, but I don't find it very useful, user friendly or valuable.  Just my .02.
paderobin

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:06:28 PM

How long does it take to get one's account approved, because I registered over a week ago and still nothing
Bucc5207

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:14:12 PM

How long does it take to get one's account approved, because I registered over a week ago and still nothing
Mine took about a week, after the e-mail asking me to confirm my e-mail address.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 08:35:25 PM

I tried a second registration after about 7 days as I wondered if I had a problem with the email. I used the same user name.but a different email and phone. I gave up when I hadn't heard anything, and then suddenly I got emails for both applications within a few minutes. I only used one of course. It must have been getting on for 3 weeks before I got a reply to the first one.

I suspect they are getting a lot of applications, and they are batching the processing. I guess the answer is to be patient for another week or so.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:53:20 PM

Hi
I use Medium, Reddit and of course steemit
https://steemit.com/@digitalmutant
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 09:05:44 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

I've been on the platform since last July and have been posting fairly consistently. It helps if you have some $$$ to purchase Steem Power which is essentially the price of the Steem coin.

My page is listed as a link on my profile.

The idea and platform is great, it is really thought out well by Dan Larimer (Bitshares & EOS's) and co-founder Ned.

One issue that many newer members will quickly notice is how the old timers tend to get the largest upvotes/$$$. There are 'clicks' where the whales give each other upvotes and essentially have the bulk of the Steem/SBD rewards pool.  You can spend 1 hour + on a killer post and get a few upvotes worth .40...   While a whale will post 1/4 of the content and get votes worth $250.

That is why many just quit the platform.  There is something like a 6%-10% retention rate...

Once you do get some SP and SBD's, you can purchase upvotes worth 200% of what you paid with the voting bots.  25% will go to curation and the rest will be split between SP and SBD's.  So you will need a consistent supply of SBD's which is typically the coin used for the bots.

Hit me up with a comment that your from BCT.  With the Steem price at $3.40, my upvote is only worth .45 or so with 2100 SP.
Bucc5207

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:10:39 PM

You can spend 1 hour + on a killer post and get a few upvotes worth .40...   

Yep.  Steemit's motto should be "A penny for your thoughts."  Cheesy
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:14:38 PM

Sure, there are many dangers here. Most dangerous one is stealing content from all over internet to earn from it.
It will be hard to verify all content and people will spam with this stolen content to earn fast :/.
Keeshan

Activity: 213
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:21:11 PM

If you want to succeed on Steemit you must use bots in the beginning. There is no way around this if you are not an internet celebrity and you don't want to build your account for months. Its legal on Steemit and even promoted by the best bloggers. If you use them smart you will end up paying in SBD as much as you will earn in SBD from the upvotes, so other upvotes and steem (50% of earnings is in SBD and 50% in steem) will be the profit. That way you will also get upvotes from higher rank members so your rank will be raised.

Very nice explanation in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ai7EEXMbL8
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:46:05 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Hey Guys I really like the Steemit network. Ive always felt that there should be some sort of compensation system built into likes, and shares and all that stuff. I am interested in finding other people that have and write original content on steemit because i want to see what they have to say. So i dont really want a bunch of re-posters, i want to read blogs people on here have written.

The social media that is more commonly used is being monitored and censored more and more, and quality content has no choice but to adapt to the new networks. I feel like any real information that will come out in the future will do so on platforms like dtube and steemit.
What do you think? Do you still trust what you see on FB and Twitter?

I'd love to hear what you all think.

I am in steemit network for more than 2 months and they have lot of information but I think they are only horizontally diversified. (Jack of all trades,master of none).  If you want to further dive in a topic , I think it might not be an ideal platform. So Bitcoin talk can be your one stop for gathering/understanding for all your crypto currency curiosity but steemit will offer something of everything (like cryptocurrency, photography, story,nature ,funny, food etc. and list can go on.)
I think you can find original content because they have a "@cheetah" bot that is able to determine copy and pasted content and people can flag the content but real catch is that a member of higher reputation can destroy the reputation of member that is having reputation lower than him but reverse is not effective.

Now coming to question of fatal flaw, I did not understand the context.
If you are just login as a another social media site then just make sure never to lose your password.
If it is for earning from steemit, then you have to ready invest some steem of your own to succeed. (Either as a curator or Author) so I can say platform has flaw that you need to invest before succeeding in most cases. (Authors are using/paying bots for upvotes, so real audience is much less)

About any social media they work on same principle "Fire is a good servant but a bad master" so we have to filter the information.
I think information originate arise from steemit platform will be real  because no one like to put own reputation in stake.

I am alive
phips28

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:48:13 AM

how long does it take to get verified? signed up some days ago.

🤖 Developer (Web, Bot, Server), looking for projects 🚀 Telegram: https://t.me/phips28
Keeshan

Activity: 213
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:11:39 AM

how long does it take to get verified? signed up some days ago.

From few days to almost a month, it depends. It seems that they have a lot of signups these days so the process is very slow.

Now you start with only 0.1 steem compared to 0.5 only a month ago.
americanhead

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 01:20:42 AM

steemit needs a bit more marketing, but its starting to grow. i would have though with people getting paid, that it would have grown a lot faster. problem is, one of the original founders, Dan Larimer, has left and is now at EOS
itsandylandman (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 08:45:02 PM

Im the OP, just so it's in here my steemit is @itsandylandman

Probably would've been smart to include THAT... Roll Eyes

Im gonna follow all u guys tho.

-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 02:43:06 PM

I've stated to make a few posts, and would be interested in following any Bitcoin Talk members if they let me know their hashtag ( is that what it is called on steemit ? ).

itsandylandman (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:25:48 PM

I've stated to make a few posts, and would be interested in following any Bitcoin Talk members if they let me know their hashtag ( is that what it is called on steemit ? ).

I think its just a username. What is your username if you don't mind me asking? Ill follow u up.

-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:40:43 PM

I think its just a username. What is your username if you don't mind me asking? Ill follow u up.

upr8 - it's going to be my product branding site, but Im just posting a few pictures and comments at the moment, while I work out how to use the site.

I had a bit of luck the other day, and I picked up SteemRewards.com for reg fee, and I'm thinking of making that a blog about my start in Steemit.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: