Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The cryptocurrency as national currencies  (Read 154 times)
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:13:27 PM

the cryptocurrencies will be the national currencies in 10 years or less

it's already happening with some desperate countries like Venezuela. I know they're just trying to do some magic out of thin air but even the attempt counts and creates the precedent.

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:21:14 PM

it's already happening with some desperate countries like Venezuela. I know they're just trying to do some magic out of thin air but even the attempt counts and creates the precedent.

I do not think that Venezuela will be taking this as a national currency and all. As Japanese initially accepts the bitcoin they takes the any altcoin as a national currency first.
Since the copyright of bitcoin will not be under any one name so they cannot claim and make that as their own currency.
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:21:30 PM

Wow, I see that you are pretty sure of your claim there pal no? I presume you are a time traveler and have a time machine? Please do tell me what will be the winning lottery numbers, that would be really great. LOL. Sarcasm aside though, as much as I love crypto currencies, I really do not think that any crypto existing has the qualities that a national currency must have. And I pretty much think that we still do not have the capabilities to build a technology to be able to do so. There are just so many things that should be taken into account when making something as a national currency. An example is usability offline, most preferably on remote areas, fast transactions etc. But still, we cannot tell. Maybe some time in the 10 years you have mentioned will come a time when these issues are already fixed and will become just a thing in the past. But till then, I ain't gon be believing.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
cat0ne0

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:25:29 PM

They might spread as a good idea, but blockchain is based on decentralization and trust. To me these two concepts are not compatible with country based interests.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:26:52 PM

I'm fully agree. Crypto has so much advantages so it's really hard to believe that it won't be so. It's just convenient to use. The main obstacle to spread crypto is the lack of regulation. I suppose that governments understand it and try to postpone it as far as they can)
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:28:57 PM

It wont be that easy but it is possible in the near future when most of the countries will adopt the blockchain technology and the cryptocurrencies surely the fiat would be soon be phased out and the cryptocurrencies will be used in the payment system,but it will take few decades if we are talking the possibility,because today only few countries supports the cryptocurrencies .

vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:34:41 PM

I think every developed country in the next few years will create its own cryptic currency, not every such currency will certainly succeed, but some will surely be successful. my forecast for such currencies will appear after 5 years!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: